Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women and Nudism

Originally posted by lifelong
    It is always going to be more difficult for women, but especially older women, to participate in public nudity. A woman's appearance is scrutinized more than a man's. Sometimes women can be the harshest judges of other women, actually. I'm a new member, but from what I've seen so far, CFI does a good job overall at encouraging women to accept their own bodies as they are. However, there are far more men than women in the "CFI gang", and there need to be more older women in the Forum, "Nudes in the News", posting photos etc. Women have to feel safe and accepted to do so, however.
    lifelong
    you hit the nail right on the head.

Comment

From my experience, I think it tends to be the man that is hung up on nudity.

Years ago, an ex girlfriend and I went to vegas with her roommate and boyfriend. We each got a separate room at the Mandalay Bay with a jacuzzi. My girlfriend and I where in our room and the other couple came over and lounged in our room. My girlfriend wanted to go into the jacuzzi tub and asked if they wanted to join in.

My girlfriend and I went into the bathroom and got the jacuzzi going. My girlfriend' roommate started to take her clothes off, along with her roommate. I took my clothes off and the three of us got into the hot tub. The roommate boyfriend did not want to come in with us. He sat on the couch watching tv.

I never been naked in from of my girlfriend's roommate and it was not a problem between the two of us. No big deal. Her boyfriend just did not want to be apart of that.

My girlfriend says that women really do not have a problem being naked in front of others. In the locker room at the gym, I notice some men go out of their way to hide

Comment

I have no problem in a locker room full of other women, but not in public.

Comment

Me and my boyfriend have been some naturist resorts many times and the number of nude women were not less than nude men.I am sure there are a lot of women also willing to be nude .

Comment

I agree i see more males into the nudist lifestyle then females
            but its never to late to change that i think as time goes by it will change and more females will began to enjoy as much as us males

Comment

I have spoken with many women about nudism over the years. Most have been receptive, if not genuinely interested in my experiences. But when it comes to giving it a go, the answers have often be along the lines of:

"I've always wanted to try a nude beach. But at my age, I no longer have the body for it."
              "What a great way to get away and relax! But my boyfriend would never approve."
              "I'd love to just walk around free and nude like that! But I hate my boobs and don't want to show them."
              "My son loves to run around the house nude. I've thought many times about joining him - it would be so much fun! But wouldn't he be shocked by seeing his mother nude?"
              "What a great way to have quality time with my family! But other men staring up my "thing"? No way!"

There seemed to always be a "but" (no pun intended!) following an initial interest in the idea. There are typically two causes for the "but": negative body image and fear of other people's perception of their nudity. Men, in general, have much less fear of either or both. The sad thing is that these "buts" are usually based on misconceptions or social conditionings that could be debunked just in one try at social nudism; but few are the women that will brave these factors and actually give it a shot. But once they do, the feedback is usually along the lines of:

"I had no idea until today that I could be nude in front of a bunch of strangers! And it felt perfectly natural! Wow! (giggles)"
              "You know what? I finally just came out of the bathroom nude, and my son was laready nude and just grabbed my hand - and off to the living-room we went! We played his games nude for the rest of the evening! We do this all the time now"

So for the women that actually do try it, it seems to be much more of a revealing, meaningful experience. Perhaps because they have more issues to work with than us guys.
              Last edited by NudonyII; 12-09-2009, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Glad to see this topic is still getting posts in it.

I want to thank all the girls who have posted because they are the ones who can give us the insight on this topic.

Comment

Well, I am talking to my wife about the naturist lifestyle... and her comments have confirmed to me that it is largely the indoctrination in society of body shame and the psychotic view of physical perfection perpetuated by cinema and advertisement that drive women from living in freedom.

It is also the misguided puritanical view of modesty and the misuse of the term from the pulpit that has most in the church turned off by the idea. Fortunately, I belong to a church that majors on the majors, and minors on the minors, as it were. I haven't "gone public" with my propensity towards social nudity just yet, but have had many conversations with men and women about the naturist "ideal" It has been well received, for the most part, and largely shared.

In summary, I think it will require more women of all walks of life and body types to stand up and get naked, and not be ashamed to admit it, to become more socially balanced and excepted.

Comment

Interesting.

I had always believed since childhood that women had an easier time being naked. After all, they have less to hide; the genitalia are much less conspicuous. Also, women in western culture tend to dress more skimpily than men. Look at bathing suits! Dresses are more open than pants.

It was only in the past year when I began to get into the naturist culture that I discovered I had been wrong all along. I never realized how much pressure there is to look good. Thanks for helping me understand why.

Comment

That is interesting rassilon. I guess the amount of naked women in the media might also feed into that belief.

Comment

Originally posted by CTNudist View Post
                        In the United States, why does it seem there are more men than women attracted to nudism? Is this the case elsewhere in the world? What might be some reasons there are less women involved?
                        It's still early in the summer season here in France, but, if the last couple weeks are any indication, we may have to revise our assumptions about "women and nudism." On the two nearby naturist beaches I frequent, women outnumbered men every time I visited..

Comment

It's like going down to the pub. Men wonder where all the women are and women wonder how to steer around the men.

Comment

Originally posted by Agde View Post
                            It's still early in the summer season here in France, but, if the last couple weeks are any indication, we may have to revise our assumptions about "women and nudism." On the two nearby naturist beaches I frequent, women outnumbered men every time I visited..
                            That's what I've found in France. The UK is very different.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyo View Post
                              it has taken some time to convince my wife to be nude at a beach or resort with me.she had the normal hangups about being nude. if the people in the U.S. would just relax about nudity we would have less sex crimes.
                              I agree so very much.

Comment

i agree to that been to some nudist resorts before so there is nothing wrong with women walking around in the nude.if its beaches or resorts.

Comment

Working...
                                X