X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being an older naturist

This is directed at the older guys out there . . . .

Is it tough being an older naturist? Granted, true naturism shouldn't be about showing off, but I'd be dishonest if I didn't say that when I was in my 20s and 30s I very much enjoyed being the young and attractive [nude] one. I was rather slender and had good musculature, and I sensed that people were attacted to not only my body but my young energy, something sorely missing from most nude resorts now in the USA.

Perhaps people were envious that I represented what they once were . . .

As I grow older I'm finding it tougher to want to go nude in public. I'm still slender but, what can I say, older. I'm no longer what I used to be.

Thoughts?

Re: Being an older naturist

No. At 74 I'm comfortable in my own skin, and enjoy social nudity frequently. I especially enjoy freehiking, resorts, and living nude at home.

We're booked for a week next year at our favorite resort, where I'll spend a lot of time swimming, snorkeling, and playing pool volleyball. My wife is not so much into water activities, but she'll find other things to do. We'll enjoy the company of friends we've met on other trips, most of whom are younger than us. I assume that we'll also make some new friends, because we always do.

Comment

I'm enjoying being retired and being able to go naked whenever the weather and all allows.

Wish my wife felt the same, but it's okay that she's okay with me being the way I am.

Comment

Same here with being retire and being naked as much as possible, weather permitting, and with a spouce who is not fully into nudism.
        As an aside to this coversation, a good friend once told me that you were really not old until your chest and pubic hairs starting to turn white.
        Unfortunately for me, if this was at all true, I have now experienced some of those same hairs changing colors. LOL

Comment

Getting old is part of life. I am 68, retired, working part time and enjoying life. Keep your sense of hurmor and enjoy life nude or clothed (perfer the first, but winter slows down the outdoor activites).
          The only thing in life to take seriously is death, the rest you can B. S. your way out of.

Comment

I don't remember ever seeing a mandatory retirement age for senior nudists. Has anyone ???
            If you enjoy the lifestyle, go ahead and do it as long as you want.

Comment

I still have all my hair and am about 7 lbs. heavier than before I retired, and look pretty good. I am 67 and work part time, and ride my Harley Lowrider to work when the weather permits.

Comment

Originally posted by jhawk View Post
                Same here with being retire and being naked as much as possible, weather permitting, and with a spouce who is not fully into nudism.
                As an aside to this coversation, a good friend once told me that you were really not old until your chest and pubic hairs starting to turn white.
                Unfortunately for me, if this was at all true, I have now experienced some of those same hairs changing colors. LOL
                Fortunately, your friend was wrong. The hair on my head turned white when I turned 40, and now 11 years later, the rest of my body hair is well on the way to being completly white as well.
                My favorite saying is that old is 10 years older than I am, so no matter what my age, I am not old yet. Although, I do have a few friends 10 years older than me, and they are not old yet either. So the other adage must be true, "You are only as old as you feel"!
                Stay "young" and free, forever!

Comment

I was too skinny when young but not (at 60) I look OK

Comment

I am age 83 and I am very happy that I have not developed Alzheimer's disease, and that I still make sense (I hope) when I type a post here.

I have some friends 17 and 35 years younger than I am, and they don't mind that I am so much older, and we have gone to naturist resorts together recently. I have the "perfect" weight for my height and my developing wrinkles do not bother me, and are not severe. I'm glad to be still alive and really enjoying life so much, both in groups and with individuals.
                    Last edited by David77; 12-10-2009, 11:16 PM.

Comment

David, you always makes good sense when you post here!!!

I am probably in the wrong thread as this is under Male issues but I am one of the "older" nudists here at age 64! I am nude more now than in my younger years as I am fortunate enough to have lots of acreage around me where I can be nude inside or outside and can only be seen by low-flying planes.

I don't mind aging since it is something we all have to do. I do not allow it to depress me or to sadden me as my "youth" is now a part of the past. However, I am healthy, fit for my age, and have never had weight problems so this has never been an issue for me.

I am glad to hear others - those getting older - are still enjoying ourselves, our nudist lifestyle, and moving onward and forward. That is what we all should do. Aging is not a disease, it is what happens to all life.

Older people rock!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonShadow View Post

Older people rock!
                        Well I'm 55. Next month 56. But I still :hippy:

Comment

I believe it's not how old you are, but how you are old that counts.

Comment

I think I spend more time naked with every decade that passes (and I have passed 6). Retirement gives more opportunities. When younger I was, consciously or unconsciously, nervous of being seen/recognized but that no longer bothers me in the least although naturally I take care not to be naked in places or circumstances where there is a likelihood of being arrested. I will happily swim naked with non-naturist friends, who will often join me. I have not been nude with any of my wife's family but we will have a brother-in-law with his wife and daughter staying with us (in the southern part of the world where it's summer) over the year end and I have no intention of using a swimming costume in the pool, so we'll see how that pans out.

Comment

Originally posted by naked in NH View Post
                              This is directed at the older guys out there . . . .

Is it tough being an older naturist? Granted, true naturism shouldn't be about showing off, but I'd be dishonest if I didn't say that when I was in my 20s and 30s I very much enjoyed being the young and attractive [nude] one. I was rather slender and had good musculature, and I sensed that people were attacted to not only my body but my young energy, something sorely missing from most nude resorts now in the USA.

Perhaps people were envious that I represented what they once were . . .

As I grow older I'm finding it tougher to want to go nude in public. I'm still slender but, what can I say, older. I'm no longer what I used to be.

Thoughts?
                              Since no one else touched on this, I guess I'll bring it up. To be brutally frank, I think you're way too full of yourself. "Perhaps people were envious that I represented what they once were . . ." You've got to be kidding. Seriously.

From what little you've written, I assume that you've been a nudist for a long time. It seems that the enjoyment you get from it is different than what I get out of it, or indeed any nudist that I've known well. If your enjoyment revolves around how you feel others perceive you physically, then your aging is indeed a problem. It shouldn't be a problem.

Joe

Comment

Working...
                              X