Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should erections be hidden? (See opposing views below first)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should erections be hidden? (See opposing views below first)

Yes View:

Erections are inappropriate at nudist resorts and beaches, but tolerated if brief and not intentional. It is expected that if it does happen, just follow the normal procedures, cover it with a towel that you should always have with you or lie face down or jump in the pool or sea. There is a statement on the AANR (American Association for Nude Recreation) FAQ page -- "Do males get visibly excited?" The answer is, "Not often. Nudist clubs are far less sexually charged than places where bikinis, thongs, or other provocative clothing, are worn. On the rare occasion where this occurs, simply don a towel, turn over, or take a quick dip in the pool." Erections at a nude beach or nudist setting should be covered up to make sure non-nudists know for sure that what we are doing is not sexual. Many bodily functions are also natural like burping and passing gas, but we try to control it out of respect for others who might be offended.

No View:

The fear of getting an erection is reported to be one of the main reasons many men don't participate in nude recreation. Erections when clothed is natural and happens a few times a day for most males. It is acceptable, but the clothes usually make it not noticeable. Therefore it should be acceptable to not have to cover an erection when nude. It is stressful and unhealthy when unable to relax because of this fear and having to suppress it when it really should be about body acceptance. True naturists realize that erections are mostly involuntary and are not offensive. Maybe we should never even get naked in the first place if we are worried about others who may get offended. Some people should reconsider what really underlies their hang-ups. Insisting that a natural part of the male body be covered is adding additional restraints to an otherwise liberating experience. Even massage therapists say it's perfectly normal for men to get an erection during a non-sexual, therapeutic massage. There is no reason for them be embarrassed. It is the actions of the individual that make it clear if he is being preditorial. Some men get non-sexual erections often and some never do. We are all different. The human body is beautiful and it feels great to be naked! Let's be free.

(Opposing view from CFI articles and CFF posts)
    Yes, turn over or cover it with a towel.
    25.08%
    No, erections are mostly involuntary and are not offensive.
    74.92%

Re: Should erections be hidden? (See opposing views below first)

I need someone to answer this question for me. Why do members on this forum continue to bring this topic up over and over and over and over again? Have we not spoken enough about this? We've spoken about this topic endlessly. The general naturist community has made it clear about erection: If you experience one, be discrete in concealing it, whether it is harmless or not is irrelevant as it should not be displayed to the general public.

I have no idea why we continue to bring this topic up and my feeling is, men who continue to bring this topic up are simply looking for validation or the ok to display their erection.

Put this nonsense to bed already.

Comment

From what I've seen from the females, as long as a guy doesn't try something indecent while having one, and simply acts normal, then they don't feel threatened and don't really care. So I'm gonna say that erections not having to be covered should be promoted, while anyone intentionally trying to keep their erection up still gets kicked out of a place as usual. This is no different than the whole argument over nudism in and of itself. The heart is what matters, not how a physical body looks.

Comment

The poll results are very divided so far. So a clear conclusion seems to have not been made after all the discussions.

Comment

I wouldn't walk around with one, flaunting it. I don't see anything wrong with just getting an erection and letting it subside on it's own.

Comment

I voted no. Regulate the behavior, not the body.

Comment

I have to agree with Croydon on this one put it to rest.

Comment

Croydon, I think the reason the topic of erections come up often is because it's probably the number one question for someone who is fairly new to nudism always brings up. Personally, I don't have an issue with it just as long as the erection isn't used in a lewd manner that will offend others.

Comment

I believe that lewd behavior is really the issue here, and honestly that can be done fully clothed.

Comment

I agree that erections at a public nude event is a non-issue. I have never noticed a male erection at such a venue. If you can't look away and feel that you must deal with the erection, point at it and giggle.

Comment

Originally posted by bill2me View Post
                      I believe that lewd behavior is really the issue here, and honestly that can be done fully clothed.
                      You hit the nail on the head. Now what do you specifically propose on doing to prevent this lewd behavior? And how do you know if the behavior is lewd or not?

Comment

Years ago I would have voted to flip over on your blanket and wait a few minutes and let the erection subside on its own.
                        This past summer I was at a Canadian resort and a 40 something gentleman was jogging. and sure enough the wind must have been just right and before he knew it, he was erect. Not flustered , he kept on jogging.
                        I believe that was the way to behave.

Comment

Long story short, several years ago, at the beach I usually attend, there was a male who was exercising while conversing with 2 female companions. You could tell he was a person who worked out by his muscle tone. He did sprout a "riser" and nothing was said, neither by his companions nor anyone else. All goes to show, it just depends on how you treat them. In this case, his was caused by physical acitivity and he continued to workout until they all left. He continued to workout as if nothing ever happened, as in this case, nothing did. It finally subsided soon before they left (obviously).

Comment

Erections are part of being a male human. We don't ask for them, sometimes they just happen. And really as long as your behavior and reaction to them isn't lube or sexual I don't think it really matters. It's not like we can turn our equipment on or off.

Comment

I also agree with bill2me. An erection is part of male life. Let them happen and let them go away on their own. Now if the guy causes it, then he should be the one to leave. But if a guy dose nothing to cause it, and dosent bring attention to it, I believe he should be ok. But here state side, MOST public nude places dont want guys having erections cuz it bring false thoughts about nudism.

Comment

Working...
                              X