Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: foreskin restoration

Originally posted by nimrod View Post
    vintage, I was trying to be brief in my response, I do know more then what I posted. Personaly I have never heard anyone using marriage as an excuse to circumcise, might be a custom for some, but I do not think common in the US. As for the rest of your post, seek help from a professional if you feel that strongly about your circumcision, I am truelly concerned, not trying to be glib or derogatory, or funny. Anyone that believes they were assaulted because of a simple medical procedure has some deep rooted problems that needs to be addressed.
    Nice try at insulting the sanity of those who defend genital integrity.When I did have a psych evaluation,work required technicality,a few years ago the shrink said I was well adjusted and said I had greater than average coping skills in his report.Sorry,try again.Foot binding was wrong,it was stopped,cutting baby girls is wrong,we stopped it here in the USA,and cutting baby boys is wrong.It will stop.Once again...The official viewpoint of KNMG(The Royal Dutch Medical Association) and other related medical/scientific organisations is that non-therapeutic circumcision of male minors is a violation of children’s rights to autonomy and physical integrity. Contrary to popular belief, circumcision can cause complications – bleeding, infection, urethral stricture and panic attacks are particularly common. KNMG is therefore urging a strong policy of deterrence. KNMG is calling upon doctors to actively and insistently inform parents who are considering the procedure of the absence of medical benefits and the danger of complications.

Insults veiled as concern do more to display the lack of compassion of the one defending taking sharp knives and clamps to children's genitals than the one saying stop cutting babies.

Comment

Originally posted by azgreen View Post
      The glans is intended to be an internal, moist protected structure like the tongue or eyeball.
      It is not intended to be moist.

Comment

Originally posted by vintagecarguy View Post
        And by the way
        ..The official viewpoint of KNMG(The Royal Dutch Medical Association) and other related medical/scientific organisations is that non-therapeutic circumcision of male minors is a violation of children’s rights to autonomy and physical integrity. Contrary to popular belief, circumcision can cause complications – bleeding, infection, urethral stricture and panic attacks are particularly common. KNMG is therefore urging a strong policy of deterrence. KNMG is calling upon doctors to actively and insistently inform parents who are considering the procedure of the absence of medical benefits and the danger of complications...........

Here's the link to the full report....http://knmg.artsennet.nl/Publicaties...inors-2010.htm
        What kind of organization is KNMG? Panic attacks? I would love to see their study that show circumsized males commonly have panic attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kouak View Post
          What kind of organization is KNMG? Panic attacks? I would love to see their study that show circumsized males commonly have panic attacks.
          Yes,some of the infants subjected to the amputation of their prepuce suffer from panic attacks.Big surprise,slice off part of the babies penis and one would expect some of those babies to panic when they are held still for other things in the following days and weeks.A stronger fear and pain reaction to vaccination shots in cut babies has been well known for years.

Comment

vintage, honestly I am not trying to insult you, and I do not doubt that you are well adjusted in most of your life, but that does not exclude you from needing help for this one issue.

I will say again that any medical procedure can have complications, that does not make it unethical.

Does anyone have this sort of psychological "trauma" over having their tonsils removed? It is also done without the childs consent and can cause complications and deaths.

I think that this anti-circumcision trend started when some idiot thought that he could make money in a lawsuit, then others jumped on the bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod View Post
              vintage, honestly I am not trying to insult you, and I do not doubt that you are well adjusted in most of your life, but that does not exclude you from needing help for this one issue.

I will say again that any medical procedure can have complications, that does not make it unethical.

Does anyone have this sort of psychological "trauma" over having their tonsils removed? It is also done without the childs consent and can cause complications and deaths.

I think that this anti-circumcision trend started when some idiot thought that he could make money in a lawsuit, then others jumped on the bandwagon.
              It is clearly a poor attempt to ridicule and marginalized those of us who take a stand against a culturally accepted crime.You accept it is not medically necessary and acknowledge it kills and maims occasionally yet continue to support it.I say that perhaps shows a difficulty for which one should seek assistance rather than attempt to ridicule and insult those who fight for the rights of the helpless.

Comment

Originally posted by Kouak View Post
                Panic attacks? I would love to see their study that show circumsized males commonly have panic attacks.
                I have a panic attack every time I read one of vintagecarguy's posts on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Home Nudist View Post
                  I have a panic attack every time I read one of vintagecarguy's posts on this subject.
                  Thanks ever so much for the thoughtful insult.
                  Hitch had a way with words when folks quipped about genital mutilation.....
                  http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ikNge...%3DikNged5mZiQ

Comment

Honestly vintage, I am not trying to ridicule or marginalise, I just do not think that circumcision is a crime, or an assault. A botched circumcision can be considered a crime, the solution would be better training and not banning. I accept that in most cases circumcision is not medically necessary, but that is not a reason to ban it either. Once again, any medical procedure can have complications, should we ban all surgeries? Parents have the rights to make medical decisions for their children, should those rights be taken away because a few disagree with a procedure?

I am not trying to ridicule or insult you when I say that I think that you need professional help, many do without knowing. It is just that you seem to be overly invested in your circumcision if you feel that you were assaulted by a doctor that had your parents consent for a procedure. A healthy response would be, "It was done, wish it wasn't, parents need better information on circumcision.". When I say better information I mean just that and not scare tactics.

Comment

On a personal note, i am circumcised (medical reasons) and i love my ****. Wouldn't change it back. I guess its a case of each to their own.

Comment

To each their own is a very understanding philosophy to live by.

Comment

Working...
                        X