Our next generation of kids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our next generation of kids

Many parents when having new babies discuss the issue of circumsicion for their newborn boys. There has always been the old adage that a boy should look like his father or brothers and that is why they chose to perform this operation at birth. In most cases when kids grow up in a 'traditional' family there are few occassions when a child sees other members of their family nude that they would know if they looked the same or different from their parent or siblings. In a naturalist family this would not be the case. Given that, do most males who are natualist chose to have their sons follow in their footsteps, or do they allow nature to take it's course and leave their sons in the natural state in which they are born? I know that there are religious reasons for choices and many people have different opinions...but just wondering what the thought is out there. No offense is intended in this post.

Re: Our next generation of kids

The idea of the boy should look like his father is a joke.
    Will the little boy have pubic hair?
    Will the little boy hang left while the father hangs right?
    I looked nothing like my father.He has a loose even cut,I had a tight crooked,severe mutilation.
    Circumcision is not an exact science.How will one make certail the destruction of penile tissue on the baby is the same as dads?My brother is a perfectly even gomco cut.Mine is obviously uneven,jagged scar with my raphe twisted.
    Little boys do not look like grown men.That,gotta cut so he looks like dad and siblings is a sad farce.
    All a father has to say if a child asks is they made a mistake or their was accident when daddy was a baby.
    If a father has lost a leg in an auto accident do we cut off the baby's leg so he looks like dad?
    Stop the cutting.
    Please...stop the cuttting.

Comment

I am circumcised. My son is not. No big issue there. He's never really commented on it, so if looking different from me is an issue for him, he's never said so.

Comment

Let your boys be uncircumcised. It's a totally unnecessary and potentially dangerous operation.

Here, in Northern Europe, circumcision is done only on medical reasons and by Muslims and Jews for their religious reasons. Debates have been going on if the operation, when it hasn't medical reasons, is a form of maltreatment and if it should be prohibited and sanctioned by law (if it already isn't, which it can be – this is a question of interpretation of the law). I am one of those who are for prohibition.

Comment

In 2010, we have had an unprecedented outpouring of outrage and rejection of circumcision in the media and on-line -- leading to less of it by the medical community. People are really starting to get it. A report in the summer that the circumcising rate in the U.S. has gone from 66 percent to just over 32 percent since 2006 speaks to that trend. It is just amazing, though, that otherwise compassionate, intelligent parents cannot grasp the issue and keep on having their helpless, defenseless baby boys cut to satisfy adults' confounding wants.
          What is the issue? It is simple and fundamental: The right of all humans to have self-determination and sovereignty over their own bodies.
          Just as hundreds of thousands of circumcised males like myself say we would never have been circumcised if we had had the choice, it is long overdue to grant that right to "our next generation." We left our son intact after birth more than 35 years ago and our two children have left their sons intact in recent years. You CAN break the cycle of the nasty custom of circumcision and start what will be foreskins forever in your lineage. If you in-laws or girlfriends sneer, tell them it was the only humane, decent and loving you could take.

Comment

Originally posted by azgreen View Post
            In 2010, we have had an unprecedented outpouring of outrage and rejection of circumcision in the media and on-line -- leading to less of it by the medical community. People are really starting to get it. A report in the summer that the circumcising rate in the U.S. has gone from 66 percent to just over 32 percent since 2006 speaks to that trend. It is just amazing, though, that otherwise compassionate, intelligent parents cannot grasp the issue and keep on having their helpless, defenseless baby boys cut to satisfy adults' confounding wants.
            What is the issue? It is simple and fundamental: The right of all humans to have self-determination and sovereignty over their own bodies.
            Just as hundreds of thousands of circumcised males like myself say we would never have been circumcised if we had had the choice, it is long overdue to grant that right to "our next generation." We left our son intact after birth more than 35 years ago and our two children have left their sons intact in recent years. You CAN break the cycle of the nasty custom of circumcision and start what will be foreskins forever in your lineage. If you in-laws or girlfriends sneer, tell them it was the only humane, decent and loving you could take.
            First of all, parents have the right to violate the sovereignty of their sons and daughters. They have the responsibility to ensure what is done is for the child's long term benefit. Circumcision falls into this category. I had my son circumcised. We talked about this with his pediatrician. He did say that their are some "cons" but the "pros," even if they are all not 100% proven, far outweighed the few cons. Even recent articles will state there is NO medical benefit to circs and then proceed to state some issues being "intact" can cause. This leads to confusion when "official" articles give misleading information; you cannot have NO benefit when you can avoid problems by having one.

This reminds me of the vaccine debate. Parents may decide to have their children vaccinated per the current medical wisdom. The children may have a severe reaction which ruins the life they could have had. Should the parents not violate the sovereignty of their children and let them decide when they become adults?

Comment

Originally posted by Kouak View Post
              First of all, parents have the right to violate the sovereignty of their sons and daughters. They have the responsibility to ensure what is done is for the child's long term benefit. Circumcision falls into this category. I had my son circumcised. We talked about this with his pediatrician. He did say that their are some "cons" but the "pros," even if they are all not 100% proven, far outweighed the few cons. Even recent articles will state there is NO medical benefit to circs and then proceed to state some issues being "intact" can cause. This leads to confusion when "official" articles give misleading information; you cannot have NO benefit when you can avoid problems by having one.
              Well said ^.

I've never posted in a circumcision thread before, and my opinion may not be popular.

I just don't understand the great passion with which people express their feelings against circumcision -- Like they're going to cleanse the earth of some great scourge.

I question whose business it is what other people do -- as long as it doesn't impact me directly.

Yeah, yeah, I know: You wish to protect the infant from this "barbaric" practice, just as the anti abortionist wishes to protect the unborn. (And, in fact, people with any "mission" can be annoying.)

But, the question is, whose business is it besides the people involved?

For the record, I was circed as an infant and have never given it a thought. What I have is normal to me. I've never felt violated, and I've never felt I've missed anything. In fact, I wonder if it's really possible to miss something you never had or experienced.

For me, what the debate boils down to is people being presumptuous and arrogant by trying impose their will on others. Don't we get enough of that from government and society? -- Don't smoke, Don't eat sugar, Don't eat fat, Fasten your seatbelt, et cetera.

Why does everything have to turn into a "cause?"

Relax. Chill. Live your life as you see fit, and let others live theirs as they see fit. How others choose to raise their sons is really none of my business.

Comment

I have no strong opinion either way, but from a logic standpoint... A naturist child would have exposure, not just to dad, but to males of all makes and models.

Comment

Ugh!
                  The tired old excuses of parents have a right and nebulous benefits rearing their ancient demonic heads again.
                  Female circumcision is supported by those that continue it with those same tired excuses.It's still wrong.
                  It's often a circumcised female who takes her daughter to be circumcised saying it did me no harm.It's still wrong.
                  People who beat their kids will insist it doing the right thing for the long term discipline of the child.It's still wrong.
                  Shall we return to footbinding?How about human sacrifice?
                  The straw man of comparing to vaccines,amputation equals antibodies?!?
                  What if a cult wants to cut off an infants ears?Shall this be allowed?It's just a bit of skin,it would prevent skin cancer of the ear,perhaps reduce ear infections and just looks so much better.It's normal for us cultists of the holy cut ear.
                  Saying don't cut is not imposing our will on others....the child when grown can always get cut if HE wants.
                  It's the opposite.It's NOT imposing something.It's doing NOTHING.It's allowing free choice of the true owner of the penis in question.Cutting,thats forcing your will with no chance of repeal on an innocent.
                  Cutting the child,marking adult ignorance and arrogance in the flesh of a child.

Comment

Originally posted by vintagecarguy View Post
                    Ugh!
                    The tired old excuses of parents have a right and nebulous benefits rearing their ancient demonic heads again.
                    Female circumcision is supported by those that continue it with those same tired excuses.It's still wrong.
                    It's often a circumcised female who takes her daughter to be circumcised saying it did me no harm.It's still wrong.
                    People who beat their kids will insist it doing the right thing for the long term discipline of the child.It's still wrong.
                    Shall we return to footbinding?How about human sacrifice?
                    The straw man of comparing to vaccines,amputation equals antibodies?!?
                    What if a cult wants to cut off an infants ears?Shall this be allowed?It's just a bit of skin,it would prevent skin cancer of the ear,perhaps reduce ear infections and just looks so much better.It's normal for us cultists of the holy cut ear.
                    Saying don't cut is not imposing our will on others....the child when grown can always get cut if HE wants.
                    It's the opposite.It's NOT imposing something.It's doing NOTHING.It's allowing free choice of the true owner of the penis in question.Cutting,thats forcing your will with no chance of repeal on an innocent.
                    Cutting the child,marking adult ignorance and arrogance in the flesh of a child.
                    Ugh! The equating of cutting a child to cutting off ears or binding feet. I love it when people compare something which has some medical benefits to something that has no medical benefits.

If I had another son, I would do it all over again. I would research the issue and make a decision.

Comment

double UGH!!
                      mutilating doesn't have any proven real medical benefits.....Go ask doctors from european nations with lower levels of the claimed things that cutting supposedly prevents yet single digit cutting rates.
                      there are claims of benefits,like claims of female mutilation having benefits,like the claim that cutting boy stops penile cancer...well removing an infant girls breasts stops breast cancer,would I advocate cutting breasts off and call it a medical benefit...no.Benefit claims for infant male circumcision have been and still are often baseless,flawed and just plain nuts.Here's a couple of circumcisions greatest hits.Stops masturbation-untrue though Kellog did recommend cutting adolescent boys with no pain killers to deter masturbation,stops epilepsy,yes it was claimed to stop epilepsy.
                      No matter how many studys disprove these benefit claims more attempts to continue the practice ooze out of the woodwork with new benefit claims...just stop the insanity.

Stop cutting baby boys.

Comment

here's the blunt truth.......NO BENEFITS,VIOLATION OF CHILDS RIGHTS

Sunday 30th May 2010
                        The Royal Dutch Medical Association (the KNMG) has published a ground breaking position paper on non therapeutic male child circumcision which calls for a "powerful policy of deterrence", if not an outright ban.

The paper states that non therapeutic circumcision is an infringement of a child's rights to bodily integrity and personal autonomy, that its risks are underplayed, and that to reject all forms of forced female genital cutting while allowing forced male genital cutting is ethically inconsistent.

In relation to the risks of the latter KNMG states that, "there is growing concern regarding complications, both minor and serious, which can occur as a result of circumcising a child." It highlights the most common as bleeding, infection, meatal stenosis (urethral stricture) and panic attacks and references also the risk of death. In relation to long term sexual damage, the paper points out that the foreskin is an important erotogenic structure, and that the history of its removal is, "rooted in the desire to control male sexuality".

The paper takes a strong stance against the idea of child circumcision as a prophylactic, saying, "There is no convincing evidence that circumcision is useful or necessary in terms of prevention or hygiene", and, "Insofar as there are medical benefits, such as a possibly reduced risk of HIV infection, it is reasonable to put off circumcision until the age at which such a risk is relevant and the boy himself can decide about the intervention, or can opt for any available alternatives."

The position of the KNMG is jointly endorsed by: The Netherlands Society of General Practitioners, The Netherlands Society of Youth Healthcare Physicians, The Netherlands Association of Paediatric Surgeons, The Netherlands Association of Plastic Surgeons,The Netherlands Association for Paediatric Medicine, The Netherlands Urology Association, and The Netherlands Surgeonsí Association.

Comment

I saw my dad nude plenty when I was growing up.

I was cut at birth, and I never even knew Dad was intact until I asked him something about circumcision when I was 40.
                          -Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Home Nudist View Post
                            For me, what the debate boils down to is people being presumptuous and arrogant by trying impose their will on others.
                            Absolutely! Who would dare impose non-therapeutic genital reduction surgery on another human being?

Foreskin feels REALLY good. HIS body, HIS informed adult decision to make.

Comment

Originally Posted by Home Nudist:

For me, what the debate boils down to is people being presumptuous and arrogant by trying impose their will on others.
                              Originally posted by TLCTugger View Post
                              Absolutely! Who would dare impose non-therapeutic genital reduction surgery on another human being?

Foreskin feels REALLY good. HIS body, HIS informed adult decision to make.
                              You are obviously implying that the parents are imposing their will on their child. Got your point.

However, I consider it the RIGHT of the parents to make this decision (as well as a myriad of others that people may disagree with) that they think is in the child's best interest.

Let me be clear: I am neither for nor against circumcision. It is a non-issue to me. I am a live and let live kind of guy, and I don't enter into the affairs of others that have no direct impact on me or my life.

What I AM for, is the RIGHT of parents to make these decisions, unmolested by outsiders and busy bodies, who often sound militant on the subject -- when said subject is simply none of their business.

Until circumcision is declared illegal, I say, "Butt out" and spend your energy on more productive pursuits.

Comment

Working...
                              X