What happens when men get erections?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when men get erections?

there are times when sunbathing that I find myself sprouting an erection, especially on a warm afternoon when I sometimes fall asleep. so, the question is, do the majority of nudists find this disgusting or is there an understanding that it is a natural event while being naked outdoors? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Oddly enough it seems from reading the posts on these forums that whilst most nudists "understand that it is a natural event" they also seem to "find it disgusting".

:confused:
    Last edited by EricNY; 09-28-2007, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I, too, get erections even at the age of 44. It's not that I am aroused, but erections ae a common thing. If not erections, it's the common drips. Is this something I shoud worry about. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I do not go to beaches or clubs simply for the mentioned reasons. Any response would be helpful.

Comment

If you feel one coming on simply role over or cover it up. Why? Because due to the current social standards it is unacceptable. We have a bad enough image in society already with out adding this. Not doing so would play to the negative stereotypes already running rampant out there and send the wrong signal to potential newcomers.

Comment

Thanks for the info nakedBob. I'll have more of a tan on my backside rather than the front, so I'll just play it safe and stay home and be nude in my own yard, so as too offend no one.

Comment

nudeM,
            I think that would be a mistake. My guess is that if you plucked up the courage to visit a beach you would find that the whole issue of erections would go away fairly quickly.

Comment

Thanks Rik, but I have been to Pirate's Cove near Avila Beach, and I even started out with an erection from the git go. I spent a lot of time around the rocky area in the center of the beach. I spent a lot of time on laying on my frontside. Once the erection subsided, I had the drips.

I met a gentleman from Fresno and we had a very nice conversation, keeping my mind off the "erection" thing, but I casually looked down, and I must have had a foot of "pre-***" hanging down to my knees. I casually wiped it dry. The gentleman also noticed it, but was very discreen about it and didn't say a thing about my embarssament.

I found this to be totally embarassing, so I just stay home, because, someday, someone will eventually say something.

Comment

Sorry everyone. Must have hit the "send reply" button twice by mistake to get my message duplicated. Will be more careful next time.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nudeM:
                  [qb]I found this to be totally embarassing, so I just stay home, because, someday, someone will eventually say something.[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  OK, so a complete stranger says something which embarrases you. So? You just ignore them and get on with your life.

You WILL find that the "problem" WILL go away - but I think you perhaps need a bit more practice. So get to the beach and GYKO [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Okay, Rik, your probably right. I'll never see these people again, so I'll have nothing to loose. I think I'll just go out and, if I do get into any embarassing situations, I'll just let the chips fall where they may. Thanks

Comment

nudeM,
                      Good on you! And good luck.

I had a further thought about this today. I've noticed in myself that when I've not been in nude company for a while those first few minutes after you take your clothes off sometimes produces a slight "frisson" and you feel that stirring which you get at the beginning of an erection. The natural reaction is to mentally try to suppress what you think is inevitable but I believe that in trying to suppress it your mind becomes focussed on it and it has the oppossite effect. In other words the more you try to stop it the less you succeed.

So my tactic now is that if ever I feel that "stirring" I just ignore it. My mind says to itself something like "well if it's going to happen it's going to happen and if it does, so what?". It takes a little self-training but this tactic works for me, especially amongst strangers.

Comment

Most people here and elsewhere received an education with puritan content (against their will) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
                        Athough many of us would like free ourselves from it, much of that education still resides deep in our subconscious minds, and furthermore we are continuously being pounded by puritan "refreshers" everywhere around us (media, movies, songs, etc.)
                        The above discussion proves it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Erections are as natural as stiff nipples. As far as I'm concerned, most of them are non-sexual. I have an erection every morning before I go to the bathroom. When I'm nude in nature, I can get an erection just by feeling the pleasure of a breeze caressing my body. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Sometimes, however, erections are sexual.
                        When I'm in the textiles world, I have sexual thoughts many times a day. Nothing wrong with that, it's human nature and it's healthy.

In the textiles world, when sexual thoughts arise, two people can usually arrange to have fun together in a private place. The same thing is true for nudists. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If, when walking on the beach with someone, I get an erection and the other person notices, I usually just disregard it and go on with the conversation. The other person always follows suit, and there is no problem.
                        If the other person is a woman I am close with, I might tell her that her presence arouses me. Most women would consider that a nice compliment and smile. Since the public beach is a non-sexual environment, we carry on with the conversation and the erection subsides.
                        Later, as in the textiles world, we might just arrange to have some fun together in a private place.

Comment

Hey Mountainman, That will work! All these guys have to do when they start to feel a woody coming on is think of having the little guy "lopped off", that should settle things down. I know it would for me anyway [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Hang a towel on it! BTBN

Comment

Once again Mountainman I'm gonna urge our
                            contributors to ignore your comment. This
                            site helps the novice/wanna be naturist
                            ask questions of those who know. That's why
                            we're here. Don't you get it? I guess not!

Comment

I have empathy with nudeM's "drip" problem. I had been a long-time skinny-dipper, but last summer was my first at a naturist resort. During a sand court game of volleyball with some very attractive ladies, I was just a little bit aroused dispite my best intentions, and after they had all left, there were some drips. I had a private moment to make myself presentable, but I was still a little nervous when it happened.

Any long-time naturists out there who can tell me what to expect in the future? Are the drips always a problem? Does it diminish?

Comment

Working...
                              X