Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the main problem with equating nudity and sex?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: What is the main problem with equating nudity and sex?

    I to swim naked with a group and with no feeling of sexual attraction

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: What is the main problem with equating nudity and sex?

      Originally posted by Naturist Mark View Post
      Why isn't there a controversy about equating golf with sex? After all, you can have sex on a golf course - but you don't have to, just like you can have sex while nude, but you don't have to be nude. You can combine all sorts of different things without making them become the same thing. I've never had golf sex, but I've heard it can be pretty good - even if the goal is to finish with the fewest possible strokes.
      It is because "typical" sex does not involve golf as an interim step. Unless, of course, you show your balls to your partner, allow them to caress them to feel the dimples, take your putter out, eye the terrain towards the hole, and try to get it in the hole with a smooth stroke. I don't know of anyone who does that during typical sex.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: What is the main problem with equating nudity and sex?

        Last edited by David77; 09-30-2012, 11:02 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: What is the main problem with equating nudity and sex?

          Perhaps this reply should be in the Fun of Nude Recreation section. It certainly appears that sex has become a recreational activity by what we see on prime time TV and in the movies. Surveys have tended to affirm this is true among teens and older singles, and that many married couples cheat. Since it is an activity that even textiles do while nude, and the most daring of them do it public or semi public places, there will always be a connection between nudity and sex.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: What is the main problem with equating nudity and sex?

            Originally posted by nudeyooper View Post
            Perhaps this reply should be in the Fun of Nude Recreation section. It certainly appears that sex has become a recreational activity by what we see on prime time TV and in the movies. Surveys have tended to affirm this is true among teens and older singles, and that many married couples cheat. Since it is an activity that even textiles do while nude, and the most daring of them do it public or semi public places, there will always be a connection between nudity and sex.
            I hate to be the one to shatter your world ... but there are people who have sex with their clothes on! GASP .... I KNOW! Disgusting, isn't it?

            But the point you are missing is that while many (but not all) people choose to be nude during sex, that nudity is not nudism. Most people (but not all!) choose to be nude during showers, but showering isn't nudism either. Or would you claim there is a connection between those who bathe and nudists - are showering and nudism part of the same slippery slope?

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: What is the main problem with equating nudity and sex?

              Originally posted by Naturist Mark View Post
              I hate to be the one to shatter your world ... but there are people who have sex with their clothes on! GASP .... I KNOW! Disgusting, isn't it?

              But the point you are missing is that while many (but not all) people choose to be nude during sex, that nudity is not nudism. Most people (but not all!) choose to be nude during showers, but showering isn't nudism either. Or would you claim there is a connection between those who bathe and nudists - are showering and nudism part of the same slippery slope?
              The question was not about equating nudism with sex, but nudity with sex, and as long as our main stream media keep the two connected, I believe the majority will keep that connection as well. With sex portrayed as a recreational activity, it just makes it that much easier to maintain that connection. Though I know nudists have sex, and bathe, and do other pleasurable things while nude, others that do those same things are not necessarily nudists.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: What is the main problem with equating nudity and sex?

                Originally posted by nudeyooper View Post
                Perhaps this reply should be in the Fun of Nude Recreation section. It certainly appears that sex has become a recreational activity by what we see on prime time TV and in the movies. Surveys have tended to affirm this is true among teens and older singles, and that many married couples cheat. Since it is an activity that even textiles do while nude, and the most daring of them do it public or semi public places, there will always be a connection between nudity and sex.
                I agree: sex is primarily a recreational activity. Otherwise we would have such a high birth rate. Since we don't and since we have a lot of contraceptives, most people are having sex for fun.

                And when people on TV and movies are nude, it is primarily in bed before, during, or after sex. It is not hard to think about sex when we see nudity. Thank Pavlov for describing this behavior.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: What is the main problem with equating nudity and sex?

                  Originally posted by nudeyooper View Post
                  The question was not about equating nudism with sex, but nudity with sex
                  And that is the crux of it. We have to make the distinction between sexual nudity and non-sexual nudity. For many there is no distinction. That is why I often refer to nudity as 'non-sexual nudity' when talking about nudism. People understand that showers are not sex, even if both are done nude, but they don't understand that nudism has nothing to do with sex. They are two different things. Not necessarily exclusive, but independent nonetheless. If you wear your watch during sex, is it now a "sexual watch"? As I've mentioned before, you can have sex on a golf course, but that doesn't mean there is anything sexual about golf (except the terminology - strokes, a good lay, swinging, and of course - traps.)

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: What is the main problem with equating nudity and sex?

                    Nudity is to sex what water is to asphyxiation.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: What is the main problem with equating nudity and sex?

                      The issue is that the textile majority are generally only nude for washing or sex. Indeed the great majority of nudists and non-nudists are usually nude when they have sex. However the converse is by no means true you can find it more comfortable to be nude when sex is not on your mind. The pleasure of body freedom is certainly sensual and it may at times be sexual but simply relaxing clothesfree is a pleasure in its own right.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: What is the main problem with equating nudity and sex?

                        Good insight, freecospirit. It certainly will take time for society to heal and be more accepting of everyday nudity.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X