Streaking with friends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streaking with friends

I am a nudist and I am frequently able to talk friends into streaking with me. I am quite comfortable but I feel the need to cover up. From other people's experience, if you have been streaking with non nudists, (ie. they've only been nude to streak, not at a beach or something) do you feel the need to slightly cover up, or do you feel it is OK to be ALL out there since you are out there anway?

Re: Streaking with friends

Listen2me;

Streaking may be fun, but it is exhibitionism. It is not nudism.

Nudism means enjoying nudity in a non-sexually threatening setting.

Nudism means being considerate for others.

Putting your body on exhibit as in streaking is not nudism.

Comment

I'm in agreement with Walter. Streaking is not naturism/nudism.....it's just showing off, taking a dare, being reckless, etc.

It's the kind of behavior that causes issues and actually hurts the naturist movement.

Comment

I guess I never thought of it that way, I was just happy to be able to be naked. With everyone else around it felt like it was OK.

Comment

I appreciate your acceptance of my point.

I can tell you mean well.

Comment

I also think it's exhibitionism, and rather juvenile as well.

Comment

or it could be just having a little fun

Comment

Originally posted by DenitaLC View Post
                I'm in agreement with Walter. Streaking is not naturism/nudism.....it's just showing off, taking a dare, being reckless, etc.

It's the kind of behavior that causes issues and actually hurts the naturist movement.
                I don't really agree that it hurts.

I don't like it when it is unduly disruptive - such as during play at a sporting event (save it for the time outs).

But I mostly consider it harmless hijinks. It is non sexual, almost always causes more cheers than consternation, and has yet to cause physical or mental harm to the spectator.

A good sign is that it has ceased to be shocking to almost everyone (always excepting Stu), so really has little purpose other than attracting attention - as opposed to sexual exhibitionism. Like nude protests, streaking has lost much of its power because the vast majority of people are surprisingly blase about actual non sexual nudity when they encounter it - as opposed to the few anti-nudity activists who hold sway over too many people in authority.

Comment

A lot of people become nudists as a result of a dare, be it streaking or jumping in a pool or lake nude, etc... They initially do it for the adrenaline rush, then realize that once the rush has passed, there is the feeling of freedom and liberation. And then they realize that they wouldn't mind not having to put their clothes back on.

So even though streaking is not in and of itself a nudist activity - it can lead to it.

Comment

I love streaking too but its not naturism/nudism.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark View Post

I don't like it when it is unduly disruptive - such as during play at a sporting event (save it for the time outs).

I never said that it hurts. I think it can actually be fun. I remember doing it when I was in high school.

However, I was just pointing out that it is not nudism.

Comment

I have to agree streaking is more of a fun thing and has nothing to do with nudity/naturism, etc.

In college, during the 60s streaking became a campus fun activity with colleges across the nation doing it. We didn't streak through games but through the campus. I think the year my college did a huge streak, we still loss to Boston University. LOL

It is fun and yes, it is exhibitionism but overall it was quite bold at the time.

Yes, I streaked during that time of my life and had a ball. Beer kegs awaited us when we returned to the college green. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark View Post
                          Well........I dunno bout that...........we have a certain unamed poster here who might faint at the sight of a streaker, fall down, and hit his head on something. That certainly would hurt.

Comment

For me, streaking is both fun and not nudism.

Comment

I don't necessarily think streaking is sexual. It can be, but so can most anything. It depends on the intent. If there is no sexual intent, why can't it be nudism? Is it only because the label "streaking" is used. What if its just "nude running?"

Comment

Working...
                              X