Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the public in general fear ...

... the Orgasm?

I wondered about this because the ultimate expression of human sexuality is the coming together of two people to start a family or for pleasure, and it seems what some parents may fear is the lure of sexual addiction. I know this is a complex question and it does not apply to Naturists or Nudists exclusively, but I get the sense what society fears "in general" is sexual expression leading to that ultimate pleasure.

This might be the reason why many parents encourage children in their teenage years not to touch themselves, why religions encourage young adults to focus on God, their studies or the future, and why some cultures keep boys and girls separate. Is there a fear that the appeal of "intimate pleasure" will distract all people from the pursuit of "higher" goals?

Human sexuality is like a drug that cannot be regulated, is freely available to anyone, and *may be* quite addicting.

Naturism can promote people doing outdoor activity, playing sports, enjoying the beach and so on, but if some of these activities are taken to the extreme they can result in Orgasm. I'm not making this up, because it has been reported intense exercise can induce an orgasm, but admittedly I do not recall whether clothing in contact with the genitals was suspected as a contributing factor.

How does this relate to Nudism? Because we all share the same experiences, or same feelings in most cases, and we all go through the process of maturing into adulthood and possibly raising children; our young adults may have questions about these topics sooner or later. Well, perhaps it is more of a matter they SHOULD have questions about sexuality and we should not be "afraid" to discuss them. Recently I heard another father talking about the idea of NOT allowing his children to learn about human sexuality "on the streets" or only in a public school classroom, but we really did not go further into the idea of what needed to be taught, when or how. It is a sensitive subject because in order to do well, we must find ways to improve on our own experiences; the experiences of a (or all) previous generation.

Nudism in general is rather like this as well. In order to provide people with the most comprehensive understanding of why we do it, we must use our imagination, skills, research abilities and social networking to come up with better explanations, better definitions and more expressive (passionate) writings about it as a lifestyle. There really is no limit to the extent of width and depth of the collective knowledge we share, and using it to achieve a new form of good for society could be an excellent goal.

Do some of the parents in the CFI/CFF audience have experience with open and candid discussions with their children as they became adults? (perhaps this was held off until the very night before a wedding, and that's OK, maybe THAT is the expected "standard" for these things)

Do we have a responsibility to teach restraint when it comes to sexual pleasure? Is the Orgasm the sexual equivalent of a physical "laughing fit" that I know I have experienced a handful of times in life; oddly enough it was usually at the dinner table! Laughing uncontrollably with one bout of laughter leading to another, almost as if you began laughing at yourself because you were laughing so hard. Is there a similarity between these two events only with one happening in public and the other most of the time in private?

Re: Does the public in general fear ...

Nope. Don't think so.

Comment

Well, some must otherwise we would have more people engaging in sexual play in public. Not just ordinary nudity, but behavior of an even more pleasureful nature that some definitely sneek off into the great outdoors to do. I'm guessing where society is now with regards to this is the end result of social refinement and a general drive to keep certain things "behind closed doors". Hundreds of generations removed from Cavemen, we have gradually arrived where we are today, but it is almost a certainty that early humans did "it" out in the open wherever they had to do it. Historically speaking (I'm guessing) curtains led to walls, walls led to doors and more, houses became castles and castles became walled fortresses with peasants living within them; more compartmentalization of our lives - more of putting things into social "boxes" and undercover.

Comment

I don't think that it is a fear of orgasam that keeps people from engaging in sexual play in public but rather social mores that we learned as we grew up. If we did not have these mores and standards for society to follow, anarchy would occur. I think it is the fear of repercussions from being caught in public sexual play that keeps most people from engaging in such activity not the fear of orgasm.

Comment

You asked if the public fears orgasms. I have not heard of anyone who is scared of having an orgasm. On the other hand, many people want to have orgasms but cannot. So I would agree that the public fears not having an orgasm.

Comment

I think parent's fears are simply linked to superstition based on false social mores.

It's plainly no more than superstition. Keep something covered, and we get superstitious about it if it is revealed.

It's really somewhat similar to the fear of witches (actually early women's liberation) that occured about 100 years ago.

Comment

Now I have to ask, does the public at large fear a lack of clothing?

Modern society has evolved complex and sometime subtle cues aiding us in adjusting our behavior. Nice expensive clothing tends to command respect bordering on reverence, especially if the person happens to be a boss or government representative. Other types of clothing such as uniforms, labwear or denim jeans send signals in other circumstances. Many of the restaurant "makeover" or rescue shows my wife and I watch include the experts coaching business owners to 'stop dressing like the employees and dress like an owner' (the owner, the person in charge).

So what would happen if we all suddenly went without clothing all the time? Suddenly we have taken away many of the formal cues on which SOME people depend.

Does anyone wonder what makes Naturists seem more friendly, easy going and open to conversation and recreation together? Could it be stripping away the easily recognized social cues cause people to pay better attention to the person? Or to pay attention more often?

People often describe nudity as "disarming" or "equalizing", but maybe it simply reawakens senses dulled by colors of fabric and the messages our many uniforms carry. Could it be the ease with which clothed people relate to each other instead of improving society has made us "dull" role-players? Actually less observant, quick to judge and complacent in our social dealings?
              Last edited by Centauri4; 11-16-2012, 07:43 PM.

Comment

On most issues the general public just needs more education. From my perspective, naturists have always seemed much more open, friendly and easy going than the clothed obsessed.

Comment

Working...
                X