Body piercings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body piercings

What do people think about body piercings?

I do not have any yet, but would like to get peoples feelings and if they have piercings, what type do they have?

What do people think about body piercings?

I do not have any yet, but would like to get peoples feelings and if they have piercings, what type do they have?

Comment

Personally I really find zero value in body piercings. I fing them to be very stupid and unattractive. They are on the same level as tatoos, just a disgusting thing to do to a prefectly good body. Just how I feel about them.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rabid_Clam:
        Personally I really find zero value in body piercings. I fing them to be very stupid and unattractive. They are on the same level as tatoos, just a disgusting thing to do to a prefectly good body. Just how I feel about them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you probably think most of the CFI staff/newscasters are stupid then.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rabid_Clam:
          Personally I really find zero value in body piercings. I fing them to be very stupid and unattractive. They are on the same level as tatoos, just a disgusting thing to do to a prefectly good body. Just how I feel about them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Boy aren't you mighty judgemental and self righteous person today.

This is an example where our mother's taught us to keep our strong/negative opinions to our self as we never know who you might offend. I guess your mother skipped over that lesson with you.

Your "opinion" is rather strong and harsh. People decide to pierce or tattoo themselves for whatever reason and it is their choice to make.

Your disgust and dislike for tattoos and piercings only tell me that you are an ignorant person to begin with. You coming from VA kind of explains it all anyway.

So I guess the many CFI staff that do have either piercings or tattoos are disgusting then. You hold such high regards for people huh?

It is your loss that you choose to shut people out b.c they have decided to tattoo or pierce.

Some things in the south never change huh.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by g1212:

Then you probably think most of the CFI staff/newscasters are stupid then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL I totally agree. Body piercings and tatts are just a form of expression to me. Rabid Clam does have his right to his opinion and I respect that. So BrianRI, does that answer your question? Some find it dumb and some take no offense to it what so ever.

Comment

I have ascrotal piercing as well as wear c-rings while naked on the beach. Sometimes I dont wear the rings but I wont remove the piercing just for the beach.

Comment

At no point did Rabid_clam say anyone was stupid, just defiling a body was a disgusting thing to do to a body, which I agree with, but at no time did he insult anyone.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, some people take offence far too easily though!!

The odd discrete tattoo or piercing I can cope with, but I find a body covered with tattoo's and/or piercings to be unsightly.

Thats my opinion, but everyone else is entitled to theirs.

Pete Knight

Comment

As to piercings and tatoos, I do not think those who choose to have them to be stupid. I just do not find anything attractive about them and cannot support interest in them.

Pretty much akin to a person smoking, I do not allow smoking in my home or car and choose to not be in places where people smoke. All that is their choice as mhy feelings are mine.

We travel like paths in some interests and other paths in other interests. Remember, I never asked anyone here to marry me. (grin)

All are welcome to my home for a visit but of the three, smoking, tats and piercings, the very worst is smoking, piercings next and tats third. Is just my choice of what I like and what I do not like. Am sure you have things you don't like that others, myself included,may be inclined to like/ Doesn't make you bad or stupid, just other than attractive to me.

Comment

I agree with Rabid_Clam, and I also live in Virginia, and I also didn't ask any of you to marry me.

I think there's a safety issue to worry about with any jewelry, particularly when it's pretty much a permanent thing. It's so easy to hang such things and rip tissue. As a medic in the army, I had to remove lots of rings from fingers. Some may not be as prone to getting "hung" as rings, but they're all subject to this.

God created us pretty nice. Why mess it up with tattoes, jewelry and overeating and lack of exercise?

Comment

Ouch! All that needs said.

You got'em ... ok, but Ouch!

You want'em ... get'em, but remember ... Ouch!

Comment

"You coming from VA kind of explains it all anyway" Croydon

Coming from Virginia might explain it? What does that mean? Do you mean anyone from Virginia is ignorant?

"Some things in the south never change, huh" Croydon

Some things never change no matter where you are in this country. Sounds like you have disdain for Southerners. I surely hope not as you will find the same people you "think" we are right in your own neighborhood. Think you might want to watch what you say also as far as offending someone.

Another opinion here is that tattoos are fine if that is what you want and want to do on your skin. I don't find this unattractive at all even those who have a large area of their body tattooed. And no, I have no tattoos.

Body piercings are the same - if people want them let them have them and enjoy them. I have never understood why so many want to tell others what to do with their bodies. We see ourselves differently and that is what's unique about us. Some will find tattoos fine others won't. Opinions vary, yes. Live and let live ....

Allie

Comment

Croydon ignorance is what you displayed by your post as well as self-righteousness, judgementalism, and a lack of attention to your mother's lessons it seems.

Leave us hope you will learn those lessons when you grow up, as well as manners, and proper decorum.

Yes, some things in the South never change just as the never change in the North, East and West ... manners and decorum.

Emily Post's handbook is not geographic specific.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nacktman:
                            Croydon ignorance is what you displayed by your post as well as self-righteousness, judgementalism, and a lack of attention to your mother's lessons it seems.
                            </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            Agree w/ you 100%. In responding, I went against my own statement.

I was doing exactly what Rabid did.

Comment

lets set the record straight and correct. I am not from the south or Virginia. I only live here. Was born and raised in New England.

These days, especially here in the south, anything you say or do will offend someone and that someone will want a law made to stop what you think or do. I do not agree with that, but also do not agree with allot of things. I do not want laws made to suit me, nor do I suggest others change their thoughts or deeds. I simply do not like or subscribe to some things and do not participate in those things.

The person that began this thread asked for opinions, and mine was given. Simple wasn't it. Bit there are those who react with vengence.

Loss is a preception by the individual. I feel no loss nor shall I do so in the future.

There are those here where I live that will drive to another county to buy booze so no one who knows them will see. I am real, up front, and tell it like it is. My feelings are how they are but they are not forced on anyone else.

Lets be naked and live in harmony.

Comment

Working...
                              X