Tattoos & Body Piercings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoos & Body Piercings

I challenge anyone to show me one (...just one) tattoo or body piercing that has improved just one individual.

Tattoos are expensive and look terrible. After some years have passed, tattos look really bad.

Red...you are gorgeous, but get rid of that tattoo, get a good agent and go to Hollywood!!!

I challenge anyone to show me one (...just one) tattoo or body piercing that has improved just one individual.

Tattoos are expensive and look terrible. After some years have passed, tattos look really bad.

Red...you are gorgeous, but get rid of that tattoo, get a good agent and go to Hollywood!!!

Comment

Have you ever seen New Zealand Mauri tatoos - just fantastic

JAMES

Comment

Hi P.J.,
        Have you ever heard the saying, beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

I have one tattoo, a swallow, on the fleshy part of the back of my right hand, near the base of my thumb.
        I had it done in 1953, in Denmark, when I was in the Royal Navy.
        It cost the equivalent of 15 US cents, hardly a large sum, even in 1953.
        My hands are large and muscular, and have seen plenty of sun and hard work, but my swallow is still clearly defined.
        She has a name too, Scheherazade.
        I have never regretted having this tattoo, and, if I had my time over again, that's one thing I would not change.

Comment

I doubt anyone who gets a tattoo or a piercing really cares whether P.J. approves of it or whether P.J. thinks it improves them or not.

People do things for their own reasons. Not for you to judge.

Comment

P.J. wrote,
            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Tattoos are expensive and look terrible. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>While I'm not crazy about tattoos in general that's a personal opinion. Who are you or I to tell someone what to do with their body? If Red wants a tattoo she has a right to do so without us questioning her decision.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Red...you are gorgeous, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I agree 100%!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but get rid of that tattoo, get a good agent and go to Hollywood!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>While I agree about getting a good agent and hitting Hollywood the tattoo won't hold her back. Look at Angelina Jolie (of Tomb Raider fame). Angelina Jolie
            It hasn't hurt her career any.
            NuTex

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by P.J.:
              [qb] I challenge anyone to show me one (...just one) tattoo or body piercing that has improved just one individual.

Red...you are gorgeous, but get rid of that tattoo, get a good agent and go to Hollywood!!! [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Tattoos aren't about making oneself "look better" or imrove someone. They're about expression. Of course, it's your opinion how they look. I personally have two tattoos and I love them both. They're a way of expressing myself. Reclaiming my body, if you will. I wouldn't get rid of them for anything. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Tattoos disfigure a work of art, your body. There are plenty of ways to express your outlook on life without defacing your skin. Otherwise you are expressing the same attitude of textile people who think they have to wear something to express themselves.

Comment

I'd suggest anyone considering a tattoo, first try out a lasting, but non-permanent marking.

I admit I have no understanding of the attraction of tattoos or piercing. Non-permanent decorations I think, though, could be quite appealing.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Trailscout:
                    [qb] Tattoos disfigure a work of art, your body. There are plenty of ways to express your outlook on life without defacing your skin. Otherwise you are expressing the same attitude of textile people who think they have to wear something to express themselves. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That tattoos disfigure is your opinion. To the person who gets one(preferably after much reflection on why and what they want)it may enhance that "work of art".

Does it express the same attitude of textiles? I doubt it, since a tattoo doesn't conceal the form of the body as does clothing.

The point being, it is an individual choice. Just as a body piercing is an individual choice. Neither cause any harm to others and thus are not moral wrongs. You may not like them, but I doubt you are in any danger from a tattooist or piercer forcibly dragging you in and putting their mark on you.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by P.J.:
                      [qb] I challenge anyone to show me one (...just one) tattoo or body piercing that has improved just one individual.

Red...you are gorgeous, but get rid of that tattoo, get a good agent and go to Hollywood!!! [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>How dare you judge someone based on their tattoo or piercing. I have both and love them very much and plan on getting another tattoo and piercing. We are entitled to do as we please with our bodies just as you are entitled to be a nudist, shave your face, or cut your hair; all of which are ways of expressing yourself.

If you don't like people's tattoo or piercing, do us and yourself a favor, shut up about it. You hear that too Trail?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hm0504:
                        [qb] I'd suggest anyone considering a tattoo, first try out a lasting, but non-permanent marking. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Good idea. Neither tattoos nor piercings should be "spur of the moment" decisions but rather should be only done after some reflection on the matter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I admit I have no understanding of the attraction of tattoos or piercing. Non-permanent decorations I think, though, could be quite appealing. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>They are quite appealing, for the same reason as tattoos and piercings. Just look at the popularity of body painting at most nudist gatherings. A tattoo is just a permanent form of body painting. Yes, they do fade, although the modern inks don't seem to fade as quickly as the older inks did. Piercings, done correctly, don't change at all with time.

Comment

Scars disfigure the body too and I would gladly get rid of all of them if I could but the tattoos will stay. I waited until I was 49 to get my first tattoo (7 in all now) and the only ones I could do without are the 3 I had for radiation the others all express something special in my life that I always want to remember and share. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croydon:
                            How dare you judge someone based on their tattoo or piercing. I have both and love them very much and plan on getting another tattoo and piercing. We are entitled to do as we please with our bodies just as you are entitled to be a nudist, shave your face, or cut your hair; all of which are ways of expressing yourself.

If you don't like people's tattoo or piercing, do us and yourself a favor, shut up about it. You hear that too Trail? [/QB] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Regrettably, there are some people who insist on judging others, while demanding that their activities not be judged. This is particularly appalling in the nudist community which for years has said to the textile community, "let us practice nudism in peace because you have no right to call it immoral or wrong..." Yet, there are members of the nudist community who are quite happy to condemn various practices by other nudists as being "wrong or immoral"

Hypocrisy is not limited to the textile community.

Comment

What do you expect from a new member...Might as well get use to it..No matter what you do in life someone will find something bad to say about it. I have several piercing now and like all of them. Some don't understand why but really, Nothing needs to be explained. Just do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X