Home alone nudist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home alone nudist

Here's my situation. I'm happily married, and love being nude around the house. My wife, however, doesn't like being nude unless going to/from the shower, and she really doesn't like me being nude around the house when she's home. She knows that I don't like wearing clothes, and that there's nothing sexual about being naked, but she has some hangups because of her childhood that just aren't going to go away. So, I try staying naked as long as I can in the mornings (I sleep in the nude, and then remain that way after I get up) but she soon will declare the area around her a "no dangle zone". So I go and put my penis away.
    When she's out of the house, however, I strip down asap!
    Are there any other married guys in a similar situation? I'd love to chat with you!

Re: Home alone nudist

I have a similar story with the exception that I am nude when I want to be regardless of my wifes concerns. She will make comments like "Your forgot something" or make facial expressions showing her opinion of me being nude. I look at it as I do not own her body and she does not own mine. I am nude the majority of the day unless having to go outside. I figure I do not have that much time left on this big blue ball and I plan on liiving it the way I desire. I would hate to leave without completing my life the way I prefer.

Comment

I tell my wife that there only 2 times when I'm nude. Alone or with someone and she might as well be that someone.

Comment

To keep this story short for the fact it's been repeated many times before, I am nude in the morning hours when everyone is asleep, but when the house begins to 'wake up', I put on my wrap around. The wrap around is not because people are objected to my nudity, but because they are not comfortable being around a "Naked Dad". LOL My wife knows I don't like to wear clothes and she is supportive, until her Mother, who lives with us, is up and about. In the morning hours, everyone, except the MIL, is bound to run into me nude. But like I said, I will cover when I get to it, but it's no big rush. BTW, the MIL sleeps until 10:00, so I have quite a bit of nude time in the morning hours on weekends. My wrap around is accepted by everyone in the house, including the MIL, so I'm as close to being naked as I can be.
        The outside is another story. Everyone, except the MIL knows I don't wear anything in the back. With that in mind, they don't go back there. I will cover up when I know I'll have company for swim parties or BBQ's though. Since I became a nudist about 9 years ago, I think just about everyone who has visited us has an idea that I'm pretty much "clothesfree" most of the time. Besides, we have a "Clothing Optional" sign by the front window that may 'warn' suspecting guests. And there have been times people have came over (unannounced) and all I'm wearing is the wrap around. Depending on who the company is (and the weather conditions), I might change into some shorts or opt to keep the wrap around on.

Comment

I am in the same situation, but I aren't married yet (will be in September)! She tends to find it funny when I walk around the house nude, but complains that the neighbours might see or friends might come round, so most of the time im only nude when I am alone. I am planning on increasing my nude time in the house this year and when it gets warmer, and hopefully she will start to find it more normal!

Comment

Originally posted by yorkguy View Post
            I am in the same situation, but I aren't married yet (will be in September)! She tends to find it funny when I walk around the house nude, but complains that the neighbours might see or friends might come round, so most of the time im only nude when I am alone. I am planning on increasing my nude time in the house this year and when it gets warmer, and hopefully she will start to find it more normal!
            If you are planning to live a nude lifestyle, and/or partake in nude recreation, and you're planning on getting married later in the year, you had better resolve any nudist issues NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by usuallylurk View Post
              If you are planning to live a nude lifestyle, and/or partake in nude recreation, and you're planning on getting married later in the year, you had better resolve any nudist issues NOW.
              She doesn't have a problem with me going clothes free and has joined me on clothing optional beaches - ive been nude and she has kept the bikini on, but that's on holidays. I am wanting to be clothes free more often round the house, I think over time she will get use to it.

Comment

She doesn't have a problem with me going clothes free and has joined me on clothing optional beaches - ive been nude and she has kept the bikini on, but that's on holidays. I am wanting to be clothes free more often round the house, I think over time she will get use to it.
                Well good luck with that. My experience has been that what ever minor hang up she has before getting married tend to become major issues after marriage. I would highly suggest getting this thing out in the open and decide how much freedom you are willing to give up in order to be a husband. I think it sets a bad precident giving in now especially on this issue which trust me doesn't get better with age.

Comment

Originally posted by NudeAl View Post
                  Well good luck with that. My experience has been that what ever minor hang up she has before getting married tend to become major issues after marriage. I would highly suggest getting this thing out in the open and decide how much freedom you are willing to give up in order to be a husband. I think it sets a bad precident giving in now especially on this issue which trust me doesn't get better with age.
                  You are hoping she will change. Remember she is hoping you will change. If true, one of you will start off the marriage disappointed. Better to start the good communication you will need in your marriage right now and discuss this. Do NOT hedge around the issue...be direct.

Pre-marriage you both have something to lose (each other) so you may be more inclined to work it out. Post-marriage either of you could feel that, now that you are married, you don't have to compromise anymore. Can we say rocky marriage?

Comment

Don't bank on it.

Comment

100% with Al on this one. I've been through this and the divorce that followed.

Never mind the nudity, how about questions like, "Honey, after we buy the house, do you think you'll want to quit your job and stay home with the kids... for years?"

I never thought to ask questions like that, but these things happen. I find we really need to talk things through past what'll happen next week in order to make a relationship work.

Comment

I have spoken again to my future wife regarding this. She is happy for me to be nude around the house, unless visitors come round (fine with me as I haven't told many people im a naturist) and as I mentioned before will join me on clothing optional beaches. I don't think there will ever be any chance of her joining me at a resort or naturist event. Life is all about give and take - I enjoy naturism but more as a past-time or hobby. I would put my future wife before it if needed. Maybe one day she will join in more? She has started sleeping nude and staying nude for a while after a shower, these are little steps that may or may not lead to more.

Comment

I guess my "don't bank on it" statement was based on a young man's experience at the nudist park we belong to.

He had grown up in nudism, his parents owned a cottage at the park, and he entered his early 20s. He loved going "to camp" and being around his family and friends.

He met a young lady and got into a serious relationship. The problem = she would not go to the park, even to stay dressed. He thought "she'll change."

He sought pastoral counseling and the advice he got = DUMP HER.

Now, that's rash and radical. But, the reality was, if he married - she would make every attempt to keep him away from the things he is used to, the things he loves to do. She was forcing him to change before marriage, and he was hoping that she'd change in time after marriage.

Wasn't gonna happen.

Now, I'm not saying to break your relationship up -- but, from my observations over time, if a woman doesn't take part in nudism, and refuses to, don't expect change. It does sometimes happen - but rarely.

And if a fiancee "tolerates" your nudism now, she may not "tolerate" it after you walk down the aisle with her.

The point is - get the parameters established before you commit.

Comment

hang in there, miracles do happen........

Comment

While my wife is not comfortable nude, she's fine with me being nude around the house or when we're camping. I think many women have society-induced hang ups about their bodies. I believe however, that the more I was nude around her the more comfortable she became with the social nudity and I'm hopeful that she'll join me at a club soon.

We've been married 20+ years and at first I didn't bring this up, although I've been a nudist since my youth, but she accepted it - eventually. I knew I had to live my own life though and tell her that I prefer being nude. No pressure on her; just my own personal preference. Knowing that it wasn't about her being nude but about my own comfort helped I think.

Now that the kids are grown, I'm not bashful about it anymore. Even after years of enjoying being a nudist, I'm only now really comfortable with others knowing that my preferred attire is no attire! Life's a journey, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X