The Nudist "breakthrough."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nudist "breakthrough."

I was reading Rockdad's comment in the thread below, and it reminded me not only of my personal story, but others' I've read. The nudist "breakthrough": that's when a reluctant spouse - usually the wife - suddenly does a 180 degree turn, sometimes completely out of the blue, on her stance on nudity. Sometimes the cause of this 180 is easily definable; sometimes it is completely mysterious and seemingly illogical. Here is how it manifested itself in my life.

The setup: when my x was my girlfriend and we'd started dating, I was just getting interested in nudism. When she moved in, I'd already started buying nudist mags and books. I'd occasionally leave them lying around; she'd occasionally pick one up and peruse through it. I even got her to sit down and watch "Educating Julie" with me. She didn't disapprove but wasn't too thrilled either. I slept nude; she didn't. And I began a gradual process of "weaving in" nudity at home. Walking between the bedroom and bathroom nude; then, on week end mornings, staying nude to make coffee or breakfast and not get dressed until later in the morning. Then we started working different shifts; and I would just stay nude at home all morning long. She'd sometimes come home for lunch and find me nude. Her reaction was usually either amusement or irritation. She thought I was being "quirky", if not foolish. Eventually though, I did manage to get her to admit that sleeping nude was better, and she finally ditched the nightgown. On rare occasions, often after some coaxing, I might get her to walk from the bathroom to the bedrom nude, or hang out in the living room nude to watch a movie. But it certainly was fairly rare. I thought about giving up, staying nude in my corner of the house without making a fuss. I decided against it, being nude at home, sharing with her the conversation I'd had with nudists on the internet, telling her how great it'd be if she joined in. No buy-in though. None.
    Then gradually, over many months, my nudity elicited less and less of a response from her. It'd just become part of her life with me. And something she felt she didn't need to participate in. But then something happened. A convergence of gravitational forces led to a breakthrough. And a major one.

There was nothing special about that day. My daughter was still an infant. I was often nude with and around our baby; she wasn't. My now wife had come home that day, showered after a tedious day at work, changed into a nice set of PJ's and made dinner. After dinner, while talking on the phone with her Mom, she then proceeded to bathe our daughter, who was being particularily rumbuctious, and splashing her quite heavily. I was nude at that point, waiting for my turn in the bathroom and laughing at my daughter's antics. One particular splash hit my wife's face, and her facial expression just froze. Her nice PJ's were now drenched; and that's when she snapped. She hung up on her Mom, took off her PJ's, hung them up to dry, and returned to bathing our daughter - now completely nude. After she was done she handed me our baby and stormed off, still nude, heading to the kitchen to prepare the following day's lunch. I found her a little while later in the living room, still nude and talking with her Mom again. I was certainly perplexed, as she didn't even attempt to put anything back on before going to bed. I thought maybe that was a fluke, a moment of naked zaniness, so to speak. But no. A day or two later, this time she came home, showered, and then stayed nude before bathing our daughter and then preparing dinner. This was the beginning of her home-nudist habits. And eventually she ended up being nude at home even more often than me.

What's interesting to me was how sudden, unexpected and seemingly irrational her 180 was. But then I realized it was the product of me sticking to being nude at home, with and around our daughter, and the unconscious or subconscious acclimitization to daily nudity. The combination of that, and that moment in time where she was aggravated and uncomfortable with wet clothes on led to a catharsis, where she just wanted to get clothes off of her.

I've read and heard similar stories. Like one where a wife, after refusing to get in the hot tub nude - for years, just inexplicably shows up one day in a just towel while friends are visiting and then just drops it before jumping in the hot tub in the buff. Or a reluctant wife at nudist get-togethers, who one day just inexplicably jumps up, drops her sarong and invites everyone to come spend a nude day at their home - much to the husband's surprise.

What causes these tumultuous breakthroughs? Bottled-up "nude energy"? Which just explodes out of nowhere? I find that interesting.
    Last edited by NudonyII; 10-17-2012, 07:28 PM.

Re: The Nudist "breakthrough."

I too wish to comment NudonyII on his creative talents and his "stick-to-it" nature that started a good thing and made it even better. My "X" was completely opposed to any notion of nudity as well which is a big part of why she is an "X". I made being open to nude activity a screening criteria in a search for a Mrs. "Now" and was successful in finding a perfect mate through a little gentle support into the life choice and can relate to you Rockdad as well. Sounds like we are all extremely lucky fellows.

If you prestigious members don't mind, I would like to share these stories with a friend of mine who is working on getting his wife to consider/try some nude time. He has been a long time nudist, his brother and SIL have recently found the joy of freedom we all share, and another brother of his might be so inclined as well...this might be something he can use as he moves forward.

Comment

when i was dating , i was always upfront and honest about being a nudist and that i was lookin for someone that would be accepting of the nudist lifestyle ...in other words she had to be willing to join the nudist lifestyle or it was nice meeting you, end of story , suprisingly only a couple of woman i ever dated had a problem with it..so i think the sooner you get it out in the open the better your chances are of them joining the lifestyle

Comment

Persistance, honesty and patience are always the key in any relationship. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Great story

Comment

Working...
          X