A Guide to Reluctant Wives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FireProf View Post
    Okay ... for those of you that do have a participating wife; how much of a participant is she, did it take some time and effort to get her to where she is now, is she ALWAYS willing, if not, what are some of the issues she may have that make her take a step back? Is it all great, no problems, she's always been a nudist, she was a nudist before you, you met at a resort or club ... what is your story?
    Good question Fireprof
    Neither she nor I was nudist before we met in fact when we first got together, in fact she didn’t want me to see her nude. Lights out before clothes come off. Although I had done some skinny-dipping and a few in the house nude times we were both raised textile and had issues about our bodies. No resort or club here, we met at work and it wasn't until after we started living together that I started being nude in the house when we were alone. Showers together were our first lights on nude experiences and it took her a while before she started being nude around the house. I can't say I did anything to persuade her, just reassured her that her body wasn't as bad as she thought and encouraging her to be nude more often. Although we have been social nudist for several years and nude most of the time in the warmer months I am more than her. She has several reasons cool, someone may come up the drive and see us dashing for clothes, don't like the way her body looks. Last year she was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to have her left breast removed and this was a big set back for her both physical and mental. Hardly any nudist activity all summer, physically had to keep the new scar tissue out of the sun, meds, restricted movement on her left arm and worst of all no pool. Sometimes she says she feels like a freak and others not so bad at lest she’s still here to enjoy life.
    Last edited by WiiDoit; 01-10-2015, 02:50 AM.

Comment

It would certainly take some convincing and actual participation on your wife's part but ... in all our visits to nudist venues from the beaches, lakes, rivers to upscale resorts ... we've seen several women that are breast cancer survivors and have had to have one or both breasts removed. Some women are receptive to the mild attention that some feel compelled to give, such as a simple, "glad you survived that terrible disease." Others may just want to be left alone and not be noticed. Hard not to notice but I've never witnessed ANY nudist at ANY venue ever make a breast cancer survivor not feel welcome and accepted. Probably the best place for her to find those that are most welcoming.

Glad your wife is still here to enjoy life with you!

Comment

Mrs now was very open to this life. After a few dates I told her about my passion for nude recreation and she took all of a day to commit to a nude resort visit. While she is not nealy as avid about going to resorts as me, she is very open about the house. Unfortunately, we do not have any close friends as a couple we can meet with at a residence, but my guess is that she would be ok in a small gathering under the right conditions. She is more than willing to let a good friend hang out with me without any issues. Mrs Ex on the otherhand...well she was not so accommodating.

Originally posted by FireProf View Post
        Okay ... for those of you that do have a participating wife; how much of a participant is she, did it take some time and effort to get her to where she is now, is she ALWAYS willing, if not, what are some of the issues she may have that make her take a step back? Is it all great, no problems, she's always been a nudist, she was a nudist before you, you met at a resort or club ... what is your story?

Comment

Good questions. My wife enjoys her (our) nude time in the privacy of our home and pool. She will join me at the local resort from time to time, but I sense it is to appease me rather than for her own enjoyment. She will be the first one to tell you...she may be nude but she is NOT a nudist.

At the resort she sees herself as "invisible". To her, no one is looking at her and she is not looking at anyone. She will swim with me, play tennis and even boat on the lake, but socialization is not an option. This is most strange because in other circumstances, she is VERY social.

I have tried to explain to her that she is missing out on the best part of social nudism. As a couple, we would have the opportunity to enjoy lively conversations with a diverse variety of people, participate in sporting activities as well as groups and clubs. It could be great fun! I have asked why she is like this and what I could do to help her break through the barriers she seems to be facing. No response. I have asked other female nudist friends to talk to her and try to get her involved in some activity. it all meets with a resounding no. When it is time to go home, she is already packed a head of time!

I dont quite understand the whole matter. By this time (33 yrs of marriage), I do not expect her to change, but would be happy if she did. "It is what it is" and I am grateful she participates with me at all.

Comment

I'm going to add to this thread - another phenomenon - is the "formerly willing wife" who, after a number of years, became "reluctant".

In 2014, I can relate two different cases -

1) A friend of ours - long time nudist lady - around three years ago told her husband she was no longer interested in nudism. There was a big problem - since, for the ten-twelve years leading up to that point in time, most of their friends are nudists, and many of their social circles revolve around other nudists.

2) Another friend of ours dropped out of nudism around 10-12 years ago, when he met a lady who said she was interested in nudism, but had a fear about "coming out" because she was a teacher. She would get into it when she retired. Or so she said. So he dropped out of the nudist scene. Her retirement day arrived. And the day after retirement she declared to him. "oh I changed my mind. I'm not gonna do that with you." End of relationship.

Anyone else seen this? I haven't seen it often, but the wife / partner who drops out? Doesn't want to do it anymore?

Comment

First time I took her to a nude beach it was Mazo in Wisconsin. It's a mile walk in with the 2 dogs, cooler and beach gear through a woods of skeeters the size of small birds. Got to the beach and before I set the things down and she was nude. .

Comment

Working...
              X