X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Smooth

I love the look and feel of being smooth. I have been so frustrated over the years to be smooth - particularly in the pubic region. I'm determined to give it my best shot this year. It seems that I have tried everyting with varying degrees of success. A couple of questions to more practiced smoothies:

1. I shaved recently and it was really the best shave I ever had. I have a few ingrowns (which are my biggest nightmare with shaving - I have very thick, coarse, dark pubic hair). Over time (how long?) do you have to shave this area so that it becomes "conditioned" like shaving your face?

2. Has anybody used electroylisis? If so, how was it? And if anybody has in Massachussetts, would you be willing to share the name of your salon? I am not so concerned about the price. Just looking for a method where there are not ingrowns and the permanency is so inviting to me. I considered laser treatments, but have seen some results and they were fair to not so fair.

Thanks for any input and wish me luck! I want to be a good smoothie this years!

Cheers!

You can bear a "Near-smoothie"

Kind of like near-beer I suppose. If you shave with the clipper/trimmer part of the razor and follow the direction the hair is growing in, you can get down to like 1% hair length and NOT have to worry about in grown hair or razor bumps.

The electrolysis I tried would have been very expensive and it was painful! The cost was about $25 or $30 a visit and it would have taken at least ten such visits to complete my pubic region. So, are you will to pay $300 and spend 30 to 45 minutes each session getting electrocuted? The subtle shock from the tool used made my muscles jerk and skin tingle with each application. It was not entirely unpleasant but I can only imagine how much more intense it would get closer to the center of that area! Yeooow!

I have also tried plucking the hairs individually and this worked nearly as well. However, I do not remember about the bumps and irritation that occurred at the time.

Good luck!

~

Comment

Hey Centauri4,

Thanks for sharing. Been there too with the trimmer and the plucking. Do you shave at all today or was this just experience (if you don't mind me asking). The reason I ask - if you continue to shave - DOES it get easier and less ingrowns? I would HOPE so! Yikes! The trimmer works great - true - but I just don't find it as astethically pleasing. Same experience that you share with plucking. I HAVE had good lucking plucking the scrotum (and yes a bit ouch!), but the regrowth was definitely slower.

I specifically found some bikini area shaving gel (Bikini Zone) and some cream that is supposed to help and heal bumps. I am going to give it a try and see what happens!

Thanks again. Hope you are having a great nude holiday weekend.

Comment

No more red bumps - at all!

Originally posted by andy_ma View Post
        *clip*
        I specifically found some bikini area shaving gel (Bikini Zone) and some cream that is supposed to help and heal bumps. I am going to give it a try and see what happens!
        I've never responded to a shaving thread - there are just so many of them that i usually ignore them - but nobody seems to have mentioned this, so i'll go ahead and mention it.

There is no need for red bumps at all, when you shave sensitive areas. Even if it's your first time shaving the area. As far as i know, the spots & bumps are caused by bacteria, on your shaver as well as yourself. All you need to do is to use that clear disinfectant gel for hands, over the entire area that will be shaved, both before and after you shave. It's very important that you do it both times! I sometimes even clean my shaver with it to kill any bacteria there.

It stings & burns (not literally - it just feels like it) like an SOB, especially the 'after' one, but believe me, it's worth it. You will not get those spots any more. At least this has been the case in my experience, with multiple people.

Comment

Thanks for the info Joontiki. I will have to try to remember that the next time I go bald down therre. I usualy only shave my shaft and testicles. But I do like the full shave feel and look.

Comment

Yes, thanks for the tip. I am going to go in for my second shave and will see what happens.

Happy Naked Weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianP View Post
              Thanks for the info Joontiki. I will have to try to remember that the next time I go bald down therre. I usualy only shave my shaft and testicles. But I do like the full shave feel and look.
              Originally posted by andy_ma View Post
              Yes, thanks for the tip. I am going to go in for my second shave and will see what happens. Happy Naked Weekend!
              Well, i hope it works as well for you guys as it has for me & my guy! Before i figured this out, the whole area would be solid red with bumps. Now... not a one - for either of us!

Best of luck! :-)

Comment

Lotion

Hey guys -- I have found that using Gold Bond Medicated lotion after a shave works well in keeping the red bumps and ingrowns down. It has ingredients which will kill the bacteria, etc. but doesn't have as much of a "tramatizing" effect as the alcohol -- kinda like a cooling menthol sensation. Just my 2 cents worth.

BB

Comment

Originally posted by BeachBum View Post
                  Hey guys -- I have found that using Gold Bond Medicated lotion after a shave works well in keeping the red bumps and ingrowns down. It has ingredients which will kill the bacteria, etc. but doesn't have as much of a "tramatizing" effect as the alcohol -- kinda like a cooling menthol sensation. Just my 2 cents worth. BB
                  Tramatizing. Hehe. Yup, that about covers it! :-)

Well, considering that killing bacteria is the whole object of the game... i think this Gold Bond Medicated after shave lotion is definitely worth trying! Thanks! :-)

Comment

I usually use a trimmer, but have used a razer once or twice. Just like on my face I like to put aloe vera on an area after I shave it. The skin on my face is sensitive but aloe seems to help a lot.

Comment

Hey Andy,

Sent you a p/m.

Comment

Shaving

Weel guys, I think that close trim is the best, stops all of the problems with the red spots etc.

besides if you do it often the look is similar and more natural

Comment

Two thoughts - In answer to the question about electrolysis I know one guy who removed his pubic hair this way over ten years ago. He likes it but says that he wonders if he would do it at this stage of his life if he had to make the decision now.

As to shaving - I have been shaving my pubes daily in the shower for over twenty years and only once had ay problems with red bumps. A clean razor and sharp blades are the key.

Comment

Shaving

I too, have very thick pubic hair. I have to shave every other day to keep it smooth. The more you shave your skin gets used to it. I have never had a problem with ingrown hairs or itching.

Comment

Well for now, I have been using the Phillip's Body Groomer and am able to keep my testicles very smooth with it and no irritation or bumps. I trim the rest, but it's not exactly the way I would like it. However, it's more pleasing to me than any prior attempts. I used the alcohol tip for the shaved area and my trimmer to keep them bacteria free. I think there must be something to this sage advice, because no ingrowns whatsoever - although this area was never the big problem area for ingrowns - it was the shaft and pubic mound (which is coarse and dense). For now, I at least feel progress. I don't think electrolysis is really the answer. I know folks who have gone the route of laser, but I have a lot of concerns about the amount of money spent and how permanent the hair removal over time actually is. With about 50% of the hair removed, it's much cleaner and I am happier. I appreciate that there is a special place to discuss and research shaving.

Comment

Working...
                              X