TWeen Daughter Wants to Shave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWeen Daughter Wants to Shave

My pre-pubescent 11 year old daughter told her mom that she wants to shave her pubic hair. My wife shaves hers sometimes, but not all the time. Daughter sees mom while we enjoy soaks in the hot tub and at shower time. Daughter has been shaving legs and armpits since beginning of summer and is just now getting some dark pubes. Should we allow this or tell her to wait? She is real close to hitting puberty now.

Before I hit puberty, which was later than most of my classmates, I could not wait to have pubic hair.

Re: TWeen Daughter Wants to Shave

Probably best not to make a fuss over it either way.

Comment

Hmmmm... I would wonder about peer response, reaction, if they shower at school. Probably will become a bigger influence than mom's example.

Comment

if they use showers at school gym and her friends dont have pubes yet, thats prob why she wants to shave so she will fit in. i knowen some friends that done that so they wouldnt be made fun of

Comment

Originally posted by toadfish327 View Post
          Should we allow this or tell her to wait? She is real close to hitting puberty now.
          I preface this by saying that *I* don't have a pre-pubescent daughter.

So, I don't understand your question. What does her age have to do with it? She's already shaving her legs and armpits. It's a personal choice. Why is the pubic area any different? As a nudist, does it really make any difference?

Perhaps, as her Dad, do you feel that HER attention to her pubic area sexualizes her in some way, before you are ready to accept that she's maturing?

As someone said above, the less of an issue you make of this, the better.

Personally, I don't see why it should be an issue at all.

Comment

She is not "pre" anymore. She is right on schedule for her development. Having had a daughter, I would advise to not worry about something trivial like shaving. When the hormones kick into high gear, coping with her mood swings will be a more apt concern to deal with. In other words, don't sweat the small stuff. Surviving puberty with your father-daughter bond intact is a far greater goal.

Comment

Kouak, well spoken . Couldnt agree more.

Comment

Pick your fight. Remember, hair grows back

Comment

I can not see a problem if she is already shaving, it is just one more area she has to attend to is all.

Comment

Let her shave its intirely possible that she wants to shave because she has no breast development, and finds the hair embaresing. Or as my granddaughter said to me recently, I don't have hair there yet and don't want it its gross, she is almost 13. From converstions with and overheard I am asumming that this is the new " norm " for young girls one put it this way hair down there during my period was too messy, so its gone. Good luck daughters will always be a challenge for Dads.

Comment

The fact that she asked you such a personal question is a testament to your relationship. Don't damage this by fussing over something so trivial. If it were me I would tell her to do what ever makes her comfortable and leave it be. She is going to do what she wants anyway, why start closing bridges over something that does not matter. It's not like she wants to get her boyfriends name tatooed on her neck she just wants to shave off some hair that is going to grow back next week anyway. Let her do what she wants and be glad that she is still comfortable talking to you.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I won't bring it up again unless she does.

No breasts developing yet, but real close. No showers at school yet either, but I know she has mentioned one friend that has breasts and she does not want them, yet.

We have a great relationship now and I hope it continues through puberty. If I can survive all the drama and mood swings, that is!

Comment

Well I'm late to this discussion, but you've gotten some great advice. When our daughter started growing hair, my wife and I were both smooth. Our daughter never asked me anything, and I don't know if she asked her Mom, but I do remember noticing when I came home one evening that she was bald where she once had hair. I didn't say anything. What could I say, since we were smooth. At the time, our son was the only one with pubes. Later on she let it grow and would trim in various ways, but she's also been smooth. It's something that she does when the mood strikes her. A few years ago, she went with my wife and I on our nude vacation. She wasn't sure about going nude on the beach like we did, but did shed her suit the first morning. I couldn't help but notice she had hair. By the afternoon, when she walked down to the beach with us completely nude, she had shaved smooth again.

Everybody has been spot on. This is nothing that's permanent. Hair grows back. Let her do what she wants in that arena. Be thankful that she still goes nude, and will talk to you guys. And you're right about guys. My son told me once that he couldn't wait to get his pubic hair and wanted to hang on to it for a while.

Barefoot-n-Nude in Texas!

Comment

As I was a late in developing, pubic hair did not make an appearance on my body until my fifteenth birthday. So, I want to keep my pubic hair. This was at a time when the boys swim team was shaving their legs and maybe their pubic hair too. But, I did notice, in the gym showers, that the freshmen boys did not have pubic hair.

Comment

Well, we are a little late on this discussion. I have a son, not a daughter, but I think she should be able to make her own decision. I can add this, my niece, was goofing around with her cousin (our son) she was wearing a sun dress which flipped up and wife and I noticed that she was clean shaven. Her parents do not know, because they would "freak out" telling her things like "only loose girls shave down there" or she will get a disease, they are a little weird that way. She doesn't know that we are nudists, but she may be one in the making, she has never liked to wear underwear so we know that she goes "commando" most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X