TWeen Daughter Wants to Shave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TWeen Daughter Wants to Shave

Just let her know that cuts will require more attention to keep them from getting infected. A friend has a girl who got quite a bad infection from a cut and spent a week in the ICU with a bad infection that got into her bloodstream. Otherwise, let her know that it's her pubes and she can do whatever she wants with them.

Comment

I say let her go with what she wants to do. It's temporary anyway since it grows back. If she's already shaving her legs and armpits than it's not that big of a thing to shave off a few more inches anyway.

As a kid who started getting pretty hairy at a young age I remember it was very hard to even acknowledge it at that age. It was my legs that got really hairy, really fast & I remember feeling like I wanted to crawl into a hole and hibernate any time a friend or family member mentioned it. I can only imagine how it is when talking about pubic hair.

Most of my recollections about that age are that your body is going through lots of changes and the last thing you want to do is discuss them with your folks.

Comment

I recently found out my daughter has been shaving a few times and even offered my wife some advice on shaving hers. No period yet and breast development has started. We simply let her make her own decision on whether to shave or not. I hope she avoids the hospital if she cuts herself!

Comment

Originally posted by toadfish327 View Post
          I recently found out my daughter has been shaving a few times and even offered my wife some advice on shaving hers. No period yet and breast development has started. We simply let her make her own decision on whether to shave or not. I hope she avoids the hospital if she cuts herself!
          If your daughter ever discovers you share this kind of information, she's unlikely to discuss anything with you any more personal than the weather or what's for dinner. And that'll be too bad when she hits the high school awash in drugs, parties, and boys.

Comment

Seeing the swimsuits that girls are wearing today, and how low they sit on the hips, etc. - I'd be very surprised if any teen girls aren't shaving - with these low-rise swimsuits, it's like you have to shave or else you'll have hair poking out all over the top.

Back in the 80's, most girls (including my GF) shaved - but in those days the landing strip was the style du jour. Today the girls just shave it all off.

Overall it's no big deal - it's just hair. She's probably just trying to fit in with some of the other girls.

Comment

Originally posted by LamontCranston View Post
              If your daughter ever discovers you share this kind of information, she's unlikely to discuss anything with you any more personal than the weather or what's for dinner. And that'll be too bad when she hits the high school awash in drugs, parties, and boys.
              And even more importantly, toadfish -- to amplify Lamont's point - why the HELL would you care, let alone mention this in a place like this?

Comment

Chill out Lamont and Usually lurk, I was only asking for opinions. This is the place for that, not sitting aound with other parents and asking if their daughters have started shaving their pubes yet. And not to worry, I know that the hair will grow back and I am glad she is open about it with my wife. I am also pretty descreet so she will not find out.

Comment

Her choice if she wants to shave, and is already doing armpits as you say. If she changes her mnd it will soon grow again but no doubt wants to be like her friends.

Comment

From what I hear, the bush is coming back in style. If so, this will become a mute subject.

Comment

Working...
                    X