Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Full-Frontal: Has Pubic Hair in America Gone Extinct?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a question for those that continue to back the crusade to bring back pubic hair for everyone. Is it really that important to you? Is it really a matter of such constant attention for nudist to be concerned for everyone to have pubic hair? Is it that important for everyone to think and act as you do and look as you do to make the world right?

I find it really surprising and somewhat depressing that a community, such as the nudist community, has such a problem with those that prefer to live without pubic hair that there is this constant attack on those that prefer to live without pubic hair. Is that a matter of such attention for the nudist community? Why do some of you spend so much time researching the negatives of not having pubic hair, shaving pubic hair and the fact that pubic hair is making a come back. Is that where you're attention is focused in this lifestyle???

Amazed at how much attention this gets and for the most insignificant reasons.

Comment

• Naturist Mark
      Naturist Mark commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually it is the other way around ... I'm posting because with all the obsession about shaving smooth a lot of people who aren't experienced nudists feel that they will be rejected if they don't comply with the 'fashion'. I'm showing that the fashion is far from universal and that they are allowed to be comfortable in their own hair - if they wish. Lately there have been a slew of reports that 'hair acceptance' is growing in the general population too.

Now if you've noticed my own posts I've never condemned anyone for their choice - I'm just reminding folk that it IS a choice - you don't have to comply with fashion or peer pressure.

Feel free to put this discussion on the thread (if you can get it to post!).

note: that last sentence is because the new bulletin board presented Fireprof's post to me as what looked like a Personal Message (PM) - and I thought it was appropriate to share the discussion. Turns out that is another 'feature' of the new system - it makes some new posts look like personal messages.
      Last edited by Naturist Mark; 12-29-2013, 07:26 AM. Reason: Bulletin board quirk

Dear FireProf,

We here at the Hair Stylists of America are fully in support of anyone who wishes to grow back their pubic hair. We also want to see the resurgence of underarm hair, leg hair, nose hair, ear hair, and last, but not least, eyebrow hair. We are trying to expand the hair cutting palette of our member stylists. We believe more hair = more business. We would like for you to refrain from promoting shaving. (We have a court-order from the Barber's Association complaining we were infringing on their territory!) You don't want to be blamed for the economic downturn in America because stylists are being put out of work because of your radical shaving promotions, do you?

Thank you,
    Hair Stylists of America

Comment

• Naturist Mark
      Naturist Mark commented
      Editing a comment
      Dear Hairstylists of America, at the suggestion of one of your stylists, I tried cultivating my ear fringe hair to compensate for my thinning palate up top, unfortunately the result was a bit too 'Trumpish' and had to be abandoned. I am now contemplating allowing my brows to go full Brezhnev so they can be combed back to fill in that receding hairline - any tips?

Oh well ... in that case, I need to rethink my position on this topic! LOL

Comment

Wow. The discussion forum on "Fun of Nude Recreation" is broken and cannot be posted to, but the pubic hair forum is alive and well and active!

I'll talk about a "Fun in Nude Recreation" topic here - we had our annual pre-Nude Year's Eve dinner and hot tub at the house on Saturday. We had 20 people over here. It turned out there were 10 men and 10 women. Now -- to stay on topic.

Frankly, I did not bother to check out the pubic hair status of anyone that was here.
      Last edited by usuallylurk; 12-30-2013, 08:01 AM. Reason: To technically stay on-topic.

Comment

• Naturist Mark
        Naturist Mark commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not bother to check out the pubic hair status of anyone that was here.
        Gasp! But nothing is more important than public hair status - except possibly genital piercings and what about erections?. You should immediately get out your guest list and send a survey.

Naturist Mark,

I saw no erections during my pre-Nude Year's Eve party -- nor did I see any piercings. But I was too busy cooking, schlepping drinks, arranging the table, and so forth.

We did have some people spend the night. To keep this on-topic (can't discuss Fun of Nude Rec without talking shaving), I recalled that one of our distaff guests asked to use the shower in the morning - and I found a disposable razor in the bathroom bucket later that day.

Comment

While reading this thread, I simply forgot as to whether the pubic hair thing is still going on at my Men Only Gym.. I think I noticed last summer when there was a number of towel guys doing their dance thing, and the majority of those guys were shaved but for the most part , the crowd is nude everywhere and after awhile you just don't notice the genitals or the pubic hair..at least I don't notice.

Comment

I was at a nudist dinner party on Saturday night. I think eight women and seven men. I did not even think to "look down there" on people's bodies, we were communicating face-to-face.

I don't know what the interest is in this area, or why people continually analyze pubic hair. I was in a hot tub forum on another board -- and when I suggested the best way to keep the water clean was to never allow bathing suits in the hot tub -- which we do not -- you'll avoid most problems. One guy was obsessed with pubic hair in the filter.

I replied, if there ARE hairs in the filter, I don't know if they came from someone's head, chest, back, legs, or groin, nor did I care.

I was reluctant to reply to this -- because it keeps a thread going -- but I will answer FireProf's question

"I've got a question for those that continue to back the crusade to bring back pubic hair for everyone. Is it really that important to you?"

a) I'm not part of any crusades on this and haven't heard of any in the nudist world and ....

b) no , I don't give a rat's *** about it.

Comment

What I find sort of odd is that this whole pubic hair issue seems only to be a topic of conversation important to men. This seems to be true from one board to another. I agree, why is this topic even worth discussing?

Comment

• Naturist Mark
              Naturist Mark commented
              Editing a comment
              When over 90% of the people on the board are men, that's pretty much inevitable.

I can't speak for others - but I started this thread because of all the other shaving obsessive threads. I've met or exchanged messages with a lot of nudism-curious people (both genders) who were convinced that being "smoothy" was expected if not actually required.

Outside of the nudist orbit I've heard college age people express actual revulsion at pubic hair and severe condemnation of those who choose to be natural, and all indications are that for a time genital shaving was nearly universal among that age group - that seems to be changing now. It isn't really a nudist subject, in fact I suspect nudists are far more independent about it than the general public. Still, even though some people here say they don't feel pressure to comply one way or the other with social expectations about shaving or being hairy, I know that many in fact do.

On some campuses that social pressure is being resisted as this recent article recounts. It is happening elsewhere too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4706891.html
              Last edited by Naturist Mark; 02-04-2014, 07:13 PM.
          Working...
          X