Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone be obsessed with the desire to be nude?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can someone be obsessed with the desire to be nude?

I've come across a number of people who I think are.

Comment

Sometimes when anything gets into the level of obsessive, it needs a more carefull and healthy attention. If we were obsessed with anything, mostly our thinking cannot be straight anymore. What we wanted was just that thing, nothing else. That's when troubles start coming.

Comment

Reviewing past subjects I encountered this thread and I must say thank you Nudony for sharing your tragic experience, your recovery, and how you went about this recovery to regain balance in your life and control of your life. This nude lifestyle can become obsessive combined with society's limitations and restrictions on nude living can turn an individual into a hermit. It is good to remember that there are other activities in life one should experience on a regular basis and if those activities make our most treasured experience(s) subservient for a time then so be it - to stay in balance. Life is a buffet banquet why try to subsist strictly on ice cream and skip the steak, chicken, veggies, pie, cookies, & cake. I am reminded of a statement in the bible that says "...all things in moderation". Anywho, Nudony, just wanted to let you know that something you shared quite awhile ago has helped someone even today - me. It has put me in rememberance that there is a lot of life left for me to live - nude & clothed. Thanks.

Comment

Absolutely. And, I'll honestly admit that I struggle with this issue all the time. I love being naked in a way that I cannot adequately describe. And, I know that it would be beneficial at certain times if I would just drop the nudity for a moment and adorn the costumes of society and go do something with people who wear clothes and could benefit from my time with them. But, there are times when my driving desire to be naked rules out and, instead, I find myself spending hours that I could of invested into more productive pursuits doing activities outside (and inside) that amount to no more than chores. Chores that could be done either clothed or nude. If only the world would allow for a nudist caste, a caste of women and men who have to be naked privately and publicly at all times and in all places for the edification and balance of society with it's obsession with clothes. Then, my obsession and yours wouldn't be a problem at all. Clothes irritate me, being seen by others when I am in clothing irritates me. So, you are not alone, and may you understand this, first of all. I have to at times deliberately make myself dress and make myself stay in the clothes just to remind myself of the need for balance in my life. I happen to be doing that now, even though I'm literally itching to get out of these clothes. But, the funny thing about it (even though it isn't funny for me), is that I don't need to do this to remind myself. I know balance is necessary. So, maybe a more important question to be asking yourself is: When you are naked and/or obsessing over being naked, are you aware of your obsessing? Everyone has an obsession with something, it's part of being human. But, not everyone struggles with their obsession. And, this is a very important point I'm making here. Struggling or wrestling, as I like to call it, is very important for inner growth. There is nothing inherently bad about needing to be naked this much. Being a nudist is actually a healthy and wholesome way to live. The benefits to it have been expounded upon by so many in the naturist community that I need not even begin, you can just google it. But, if you're not growing through the desire, both when you can express it and in the times when you feel bound by the textile requirements of society, then you might want to seek counseling. I can remember how I was so obsessed at one time that I'd drive naked to work, and go to the beach with just a towel and drop it the moment my feet touched the sand, and I wouldn't care at all who was out here seeing me. This was back when I was just starting to let go of the socially repressed way of life I had accepted upon myself. Yes, ultimately, even the things we don't want for our lives we tend to experience by accepting it as a part of our lives. And, at this point, I had gravitated to the opposite extreme of the social pendulum. But, I struggled with it, deeply. And, slowly through time I've developed more balance in my life and greater religious focus through it. I still struggle with it, near daily. Because I don't yet work an income producing occupation that requires me to wear nothing while interacting with others, and I don't yet live in a nudist community. Then, there is family that is not quite as naturist drawn as I am. And, I wrestle with myself daily over the need for more balance in my life. For if I had my way, everyone would have to drop the clothes ... by law! Good thing for most, I guess, that I'm not the lawmaker. Instead, I am a writer, a teacher, and a spiritual example setter. I've learned to take the struggle and give my life greater depth and meaning through it. This hasn't lessened the desire to be nude, but it has afforded me the opportunity to find other ways of expressing this deep seated interest. And, not all of these interests require having the clothes off. Something to ponder the next time you find yourself struggling with your desire. It is healthy, so wrestle with it. And, choose to find the joy in it!

Comment

Yes.

And there isn't necessarily a problem with it as long as -

1) It doesn't escalate to the point of becoming exhibitionist. Sometimes it does with some individuals.

2) It doesn't interfere with other obligations in life - community, or work.

3) (most prevalent) it doesn't interfere with family life -- particularly, a husband who loves being nude all the time and the wife doesn't (or vice versa).

#3 - I recently left a discussion group I was in for around four years -- primarily as an observer from the world of "real nudism". There were some people in that group whose desire for nudity -- and to visit nudist parks and clubs -- became an obsession.

Gotta say - THAT bothered me.

Comment

Originally posted by hommenudist View Post
              ...I am reminded of a statement in the bible that says "...all things in moderation". ...
              I am not a biblical scholar, by far, but I am pretty sure this predates the New Testament at least. Terence, who was a Roman comic playwright (Publius Terentius Afer 195/185159 BC) wrote a play called Andria in which it was said "Moderation in all things" (and also incidentally "...charity begins at home"). I don't know why people attribute familiar sayings to the bible.

I myself am reminded of the lyrics of an ancient band from a different part of the world.
              We're here for a good time
              Not a long time (not a long time)
              So have a good time
              The sun can't shine every day.
              I strongly suspect that this sentiment is at the root of most nudity someone might classify as OCD. Of course, people can be truly obsessive/compulsive about almost anything. It would take a qualified health practitioner and the DSM-IV to diagnose such an illness. I think a good rule of thumb is - if your nudity is interfering with the other aspects of your life and that of other peoples, then it is time to re-evaluate it.

Comment

Yes, sometimes I love it so much I risk being seen by people who might be offended or get me into trouble.

Comment

This is the first post I've read as new member and it is very interesting to read what everyone posted. I do a agree that one can be obsessed with being nude. My hang up at times is that I focus too much on the fact that I am nude instead of just simply being nude whether it's at home or on the beach. This obsessive type of thinking can interfere with my ability to relax and enjoy being in a nude enviornment. My goal is to be 100% confindent and relaxed while being nude without succumbing to any of the traditionally conditioned emotions and stereotypes about nudity.

Comment

It seems as the weather becomes more favorable and summer-like, I constantly think of sunny days and nudity. Working in an office, allows for some day dream times but I often think of beaches, hiking opportunities
                    or recent events where I was nude and feeling good. Glad I can run out for the paper nude, iron a shirt for work nude and complete my early morning routines sans clothing. I don't believe it's an obsession , it's just everyday nudity.

Comment

Definitely - especially when you first try naturism and find out much you enjoy it. After a while however most of us get things into perspective and though we continue to enjoy nudity at suitable venues we are not overly concerned the rest of the time.

Comment

The addiction to desires, all short lived before the need for another fix. Its the greatest illusion of it time, buying into something you THINK, you need or want. The minds at play as it runs amuck, its what the mind does best. For what its worth, you are not your mind. Identification with things, places and people are all just an artificial state of mind. The more wraped around one get with it the harder it is to break free. Finding permanent balance starts by taking things off, not just the body, but also the mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X