Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has more breast cancer possibilities?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has more breast cancer possibilities?

This past week at work we had a discussion about breast cancer and how many friends are diagnosed with this.Is it predominately here in the U.S.A. ? How about other countries ?
    Is it possible that because women wear bras so much that their lymphatic system is out of whack?
    Maybe it's the preservatives we have in our food ? If that's the answer then how come more men aren't diagnosed with breast cancer?
    I am aware that this forum has many participants from allover the world just maybe I will have some answers.
    Thank You.

Re: Who has more breast cancer possibilities?

In 1995 Sydney Ross Singer and Soma Grismaijer published Dressed to Kill - a book that claims that the explosion of breast cancer in modern societies is directly linked to the widespread adoption of bra-wearing over the last century. Their hypothesis has been loudly rejected by the medical establishment because their research was based on anthropological surveys and not on double blind studies that controlled for alternate modalities - significantly their hypothesis has not been disproven by medical studies either, so the evidence is lacking, but not contradicted. The one known medical study that did examine the hypothesis found a significant correlation between bra wearing and breast cancer, but the authors explained away their own findings with alternate hypotheses that they did not test or control for in their study.

However dubious the link between breast cancer and bras may be, there is no doubt about the link between excessive bra wearing and fibrocystic disease. None of the sources I've found suggest that bra wearing needs to be completely eliminated - it should be sufficient to minimize it and of course to wear a properly fitted garment (the vast majority of women wear bras that are too small and ill fitting, causing unnecessary discomfort).

Singer's findings: Bras and Breast Cancer - The Significant Link
    Wikipedia article on the book Dress to Kill
    Dr Vaughan's BraFAQS from www.brafree.org
    About.com article debunking bra-breast cancer 'myth'" Bras Cause Breast Cancer: Myth or Fact?

Comment

Could also be due to our obesity. Fat cells do create estrogen. There are some cancers that are caused by? aggravated by? estrogen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kouak View Post
        Could also be due to our obesity. Fat cells do create estrogen. There are some cancers that are caused by? aggravated by? estrogen.
        Yes, that is one of the counter-hypotheses that the authors of the medical study that found a correlation between bra-wearing and breast cancer used to dismiss their own findings. Significantly they did not attempt to account for that variable in their study.

Comment

According to this site, the United States is nowhere near the top in deaths from breast cancer.

Comment

I believe that it is because of all the preservitives that we put in all our food and drinks. There has to be a link between cancer and all these chemical additives....

Comment

Originally posted by toramei View Post
              This past week at work we had a discussion about breast cancer and how many friends are diagnosed with this.Is it predominately here in the U.S.A. ? How about other countries ?
              Is it possible that because women wear bras so much that their lymphatic system is out of whack?
              Maybe it's the preservatives we have in our food ? If that's the answer then how come more men aren't diagnosed with breast cancer?
              I am aware that this forum has many participants from allover the world just maybe I will have some answers.
              Thank You.
              I think the American Cancer Society and the Susan B. Komen Foundation would be better places to research breast cancer being they each spend millions on research and treatment each year.

The people here on this forum enjoy going about without clothes. I'm not sure that makes anyone scientifically qualified to render an opinion.

Breast cancer is DEADLY and FAST. Please seek professional treatment from professionals. The rumor-mill can cause you to wait and then perhaps it will be too late for effective treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by LamontCranston View Post
                I think the American Cancer Society and the Susan B. Komen Foundation would be better places to research breast cancer being they each spend millions on research and treatment each year.

The people here on this forum enjoy going about without clothes. I'm not sure that makes anyone scientifically qualified to render an opinion.

Breast cancer is DEADLY and FAST. Please seek professional treatment from professionals. The rumor-mill can cause you to wait and then perhaps it will be too late for effective treatment.
                Mike, the question wasn't about what to do after a breast cancer diagnosis, it was about whether there is a link between the incidence of breast cancer and bra use and more generally about other factors leading to the increase in breast cancer incidence.

Comment

Originally posted by LumpyPostage View Post
                  According to this site, the United States is nowhere near the top in deaths from breast cancer.

Deaths and occurences are not the same thing. It's possible we have more cases of breast cancer but fewer deaths becasue of good prompt diagnosis and effective treatment. I don't know if that's the case of not, but it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark View Post
                    Mike, the question wasn't about what to do after a breast cancer diagnosis, it was about whether there is a link between the incidence of breast cancer and bra use and more generally about other factors leading to the increase in breast cancer incidence.
                    Right. Correct. But JUST IN CASE the original poster is someone more than a little afraid and perhaps reaching out, I said what I said. Breast cancer is FAST and DEADLY. People shouldn't **** around with websites and rumors.

I had a family member succumb to pancreatic cancer. From diagnosis to death was about 18 months and during that time he went from being vibrant, healthy and alive to a thin, wasting shadow of himself. If was very sad and difficult to watch, let alone endure. If anyone out there is showing even a hint of a symptom, GO NOW TODAY and get a professional opinion, then get another.

Comment

Having said all that and on the lighter side, I've no idea if wearing a bra has any dire consequences but If we're voting, I prefer bra-less, then topless, then nude. Of course I'm a guy, this is a social nudism website, and you all saw that coming a mile away.

Comment

Working...
                      X