Running Naked?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Naked?

As nudists we obviously try to remain and do as many of our daily activities naked and wear clothes only when necessary. One activity that I thoroughly enjoy doing naked is exercising. Fortunately I have a nice home gym at my house so I can work out and exercise when ever I want. I love the freedom that exercising completely naked provides you.
    I have attempted to run on my treadmill naked several times but usually find that doing so hurts a little bit due to your privates bouncing around with out any support. My question is does anyone else male or female run completely naked? And if you do, do you get used to it over time and does the slight discomfort of having no support on your privates reside over time as you get used to it. I know a lot of people do run naked but I was jut wondering if this is something that you just have to deal with if you want the freedom of running naked or if it goes away over time as your body becomes used to it.

Re: Running Naked?

I trained on a treadmill and ran the Bay to Breakers 12K in the nude without any problem. My parts naturally knew how to take care of themselves so there was no discomfort. Is your exercise room exceptionally warm such that the cremaster muscle is reluctant to draw your scrotum closer for fear of overheating the temperature-sensitive testicles? My treadmill is in a basement family room and it's slightly cooler down there than if it were on the main floor. Do you have any medical conditions that may contribute to your discomfort, such as an inguinal hernia or varicocele? I hope you find a solution as nude is the most comfortable way to exercise (and compete).

Comment

The gym is in my basement as well and it's not hot down there. I also don't have any medical conditions that might account for it. Running naked dosent cause pain particularly I guess It's more of slight discomfort from your penis bouncing around and hitting your leg repeatedly. From the sounds of it, it might be something you just get used the more you do it. Also with how much I love exercising naked I'm certainly willing to give it a few more try's before giving up on it lol

Comment

I am an avid proponent of running nude and have done so many times. Nude 5Ks are always exhilarating as well as finding a secluded route where you can run free with little fear of literally running into others. I was fortunate enough to have a route a few years back where I go 5 miles or more without fear if I timed it right. As for me, my penis and scrotum always pull tight into my body to allow maximum blood to flow to my extremities whenever I run, nude or not, especially over longer runs.

The ancient Greeks used to tie a string to the foreskin of their penis as and secure it either to their torso or back on itself to prevent interference in their performance; they called it a "kynodesme" I believe. You might want to do a quick search on the web and see if this might help out as you could easily make one out of a long shoe string or other material...or use a leather bootlace for a more authentic effect.

Enjoy your freedom!

Comment

I tried running nude a few times on the treadmill; it just wasn't working for me. Too much "slapping." Then I went running outdoors and it worked much better. I think it had to do with longer and wider strides. After a while, the body just adapts as the penis and scrotums pulls in, as nudkin described.

I tried the kynodesme; it wasn't working for me either. Perhaps I was doing it wrong but it was cutting off the circulation and cutting into my skin. I've also tried the "wrap"; taking a piece of cloth - or even saran wrap, wrapping everything up with a rubber band. It worked pretty well as it kept the whole genital area bundled up and secure.

Comment

I didn't have a problem. Don't know if I shrunk up or not, but there was no slapping. From what I have seen with people using a c**kring, it kind of pulls things together and up. That may get it out of your way. If so, it finally will have a good use!

Comment

When I lived with my parents, our basement was an entertainment room for me, my brothers, and our friends. When I moved out and my middle brother left for college, my dad turned the room into a fitness center. He equipped it with a flat screen TV, weights, elliptical and a treadmill. I visit home once a month and I always use the treadmill to run.

I much perform to run nude as I feel I am getting a much better workout than clothed. I do not have the issue of slapping. I am above average endowment and I never have the issue. My penis and scrotum just shrivels up and problem solve.

When you work out, blood flow to your penis basically stops and everything is just flacid. The wind from running cools your penis down so it stays in place. This is all specualation of course, I am no doctor.

Comment

So I tried running again and made sure I turned down the heat a little so it wasn't so hot and I have to say it did help so thank you every one for the advice. I think in the past I wasn't waiting long enough for my body to naturally adjust and shrink up to make running naked possible without any discomfort. Also I completely agree with all of you that working out naked is by far the best and most enjoyable way!
                I also agree that working out naked allows you to see how every workout is affecting your muscles and def makes you push yourself harder. I have a gym at my house and also go to a public gym to do certain workouts I can't do at my house but the more I workout at home nude the less I want to go to the gym because I absolutely hate having to wear clothes. There so much more restriction and hot and is def not the way we were intended to workout. It's too bad they didn't have some gyms you could go to and work out naked

Comment

Originally posted by livetobenude View Post
                  So I tried running again and made sure I turned down the heat a little so it wasn't so hot and I have to say it did help so thank you every one for the advice. I think in the past I wasn't waiting long enough for my body to naturally adjust and shrink up to make running naked possible without any discomfort. Also I completely agree with all of you that working out naked is by far the best and most enjoyable way!
                  I also agree that working out naked allows you to see how every workout is affecting your muscles and def makes you push yourself harder. I have a gym at my house and also go to a public gym to do certain workouts I can't do at my house but the more I workout at home nude the less I want to go to the gym because I absolutely hate having to wear clothes. There so much more restriction and hot and is def not the way we were intended to workout. It's too bad they didn't have some gyms you could go to and work out naked
                  I've run naked on a treadmill and outside without any discomfort to my genitals. Additionally, I've done P90X nude at home. I found I need to wear running or biking shorts for support when I do the jumping jacks (obviously); as soon as that part of the workout is over it's time to strip down and complete the rest of the workout naked. I sweat like crazy so working out nude is a great option.

Comment

I've done the early morning (pre dawn) runs in the neighborhood in just a long t-shirt. It is a great way to start the day. Although not quite fully nude ( and hopefully within the legal limits), but the surprise breezes are almost as good as the real thing. With warmer weather just around the corner, try it, you might like it.

Comment

I have been 'running' in my basement for the last year and a half, using my elliptical exercise machine - nude of course (except for running shoes). It is my enjoyment of being naked that helps me keep this otherwise boring exercise routine fresh. It is a good motivator. Being naked allows me to sweat freely soon after I start and to cool off pretty rapidly in the cool basement air afterwards. Plus it's right by my beer fridge. Most days of course its water that I drink but the option for a cold one is also there, and actually handy at the height of the summer months.

Often I will make a World Health Organization oral re-hydration drink. A litre of water, two tablespoons of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, salt substitute (potassium chloride) and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda (not powder!) and cool it in the fridge while I run. It apparently does a better job than the the sweetened sports drinks that you can buy.

I have never felt healthier, although I still like to eat so there has been no significant weight loss...well, perhaps some of the fat has been replace by muscle. As for my external organs slapping around, I agree with everyone that when the bulk of the blood flow is primarily directed into the muscles, well, shrinkage is a good thing.

Comment

I love the long T-shirt idea, i will have to give it a go. I love running nude, but usually only get to practise it on nude beaches or out in the middle of nowhere during walks. My regular run around the neighbourhood is done in clothing unfortunately. However thanks to your idea this may well change soon! I'll give it a go and see how i like it.

Thanks

Comment

At 70 years of age, my arthritic old knees won't handle running. No big deal, I never was into it. I do enjoy walking, especially out in nature, be it desert or wooded.

Comment

I, too, have found naturist walks or hikes very enjoyable. Understand what your body is telling you is always the key.

Comment

Originally posted by jayne View Post
                              I love the long T-shirt idea, i will have to give it a go. I love running nude, but usually only get to practise it on nude beaches or out in the middle of nowhere during walks. My regular run around the neighbourhood is done in clothing unfortunately. However thanks to your idea this may well change soon! I'll give it a go and see how i like it.

Thanks
                              Jayne may want to check with area nudist resorts, many hold nude runs of varying distances throughout the year. I ran a nude 5K at Turtle LAke Resort in Union City, Michigan and had a great time. No pain from bouncing because there is not a lot to bounce onme and liek others noted, the body tend to pull things up to protect them. Some more endowed ladies wrapped their chests in saran wrap to stop the bouncing.

Comment

Working...
                              X