Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10,000bc

Anyone seen 10,000BC yet?

No. I usually wait until movies come out on DVD. But I have heard it described as another Braveheart, but not as good.

Comment

My mother did, when she was a young girl.

Dave

Comment

A co-worker saw it. He told me the plot was virtually inexistent. And very little attempt at realism. The only redeeming value were the state of the art special effects. I asked him if I should go see it; he said: "Bah..." Wait until it comes out on DVD.

Comment

You talking about the actual 10,000 BC daveinct or the movie? You must have great genes if the former.

b.l.

Comment

We saw 10,000BC

Wife liked it a little bit, I was bored. I don't recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by NudonyII View Post
              A co-worker saw it. He told me the plot was virtually inexistent. And very little attempt at realism.
              Of course it isn't realistic! It's a fantasy film. Besides, we all know the earth (and universe) is only 6000 years old.

Comment

"But I have heard it described as another Braveheart"

Wow! I didn't even know there was a Scotland 10,000 years ago.

"we all know the earth (and universe) is only 6000 years old."

So a Realistic movie about 10,000 BC would pretty much be a black screen for a couple thousand years.

Cool!

Don't tell the Dinosaurs they didn't exist. It might piss them off.

Comment

Originally posted by PascoDoug View Post
                  Besides, we all know the earth (and universe) is only 6000 years old.

..and is banana shaped

Comment

Originally posted by PascoDoug View Post
                    ..and is banana shaped
                    No its flat.

The only movie I am interested in right now is Iron Man, and that doesn't come out till May. I am a huge IM comic fan, so no matter how bad the movie is, I will like it.

Qikdraw

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Lake View Post
                      You talking about the actual 10,000 BC daveinct or the movie? You must have great genes if the former.

b.l.
                      It was a joke suggesting that my mother was a young girl in the year 10,000 B.C.
                      I've also been known to suggest that she watches the Discovery Channel program "Walking With Dinosaurs" and criticizes it saying things like "that's not the way it looked when I was there".

She's said worse about me. We have thick skins and good senses of humor.

Dave

Comment

And people wonder about education?

I notice how the drop in history knowledge seems to coincide when movies like this started being released a while ago. I will not see the movie, as the premise is rediculous and only promotes ignorance of historical events and the timeline.

Next thing you know, I'll have some dumb kid telling me that mammoths were domesticated and used to build the pyramids.

Comment

Sounds like the good genes part is true daveinct. The one(s) for sense of humor should be at the top of the list considering the state of the world today.
                          b.l.

Comment

Originally posted by BinCo View Post
                            Next thing you know, I'll have some dumb kid telling me that mammoths were domesticated and used to build the pyramids.
                            YOU mean they DIDN'T!shocked

From what everyone has said I think I'll wait for the DVD.

Besides, I refuse to pay $9.50 a pop for a movie.

I remember when a movie with all the extras for two, gas for the car, sodas for two with real cherry juice after the movie at the corner drugstore, could be had for the $1.00 I had in my pocket and still have change leftover to toss on the dresser when I got home ... and we could watch the film as many times as we wanted, to boot.

Comment

I watched the movie.

At the end I thought it was looking like more like a prequel to Stargate

Comment

Working...
                              X