"Naturist" photos...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Naturist" photos...

Have you ever looked up nudism, nudist, naturist, etc (when I get bored, I like to do free association with photos) on google or yahoo images? When you get past all the un-"nudism, nudist, naturist, etc", I've noticed something funny about most of them....tan lines. Why would so many people who are labled as naturist, have tan lines? I'm not talking maybe a tanline, I talking white as snow tan lines.
    Another funny picture I came across was a nudist in a laundry mat. That one kinda threw me. I understand sheets need to be washed, but I just liked the irony.

Re: "Naturist" photos...

Originally posted by Mike2Nude View Post
    Have you ever looked up nudism, nudist, naturist, etc (when I get bored, I like to do free association with photos) on google or yahoo images? When you get past all the un-"nudism, nudist, naturist, etc", I've noticed something funny about most of them....tan lines. Why would so many people who are labled as naturist, have tan lines? I'm not talking maybe a tanline, I talking white as snow tan lines.
    Another funny picture I came across was a nudist in a laundry mat. That one kinda threw me. I understand sheets need to be washed, but I just liked the irony.
    Lots of nudists have tan lines because they have no place to be nude outdoors without running afoul of deputy Fife.

Also ... nudists wear clothes nearly as much as textiles ... our nude opportunities outside of the home are rather limited.

Comment

A naturist doesn't necessarily have to be a nudist. A naturist by defination is one who loves the outdoors, the environment and it's surroundings. They like to study nature as a whole, but not to the point of practicing nudity. I know of naturists who love to hike in the woods to be closer to nature, but I can honestly say, they are not nudists. Just my opinion.

Comment

Greatest beach in Florida

Here's me and some friends back when I lived in Florida. My roommate has a huge tan line because he spends more time on the clothed beach 2 miles from our apt than on Haulover, which was about an hour away.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitz1980 View Post

Here's me and some friends back when I lived in Florida. My roommate has a huge tan line because he spends more time on the clothed beach.
          Great picture Fitz. I can't help but think of the odd tan lines you all must have had once you took off the leaves and stars.

Comment

Originally posted by nudeM View Post
            A naturist doesn't necessarily have to be a nudist. A naturist by defination is one who loves the outdoors, the environment and it's surroundings. They like to study nature as a whole, but not to the point of practicing nudity. I know of naturists who love to hike in the woods to be closer to nature, but I can honestly say, they are not nudists. Just my opinion.
            I think you may have naturist and naturalist confused.

Comment

For the sake of experimentation, here are the very first pictures a google search produced for the terms: nudism, nudist, naturism, naturist, topfree, au natural and...skyclad. They are in the same order as listed.

Not bad results; except the "naturist" search actually yielded a "topfree" lady.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike2Nude View Post
                Sorry, but this smacks like a little bit of elitism to me. After all, if someone has a tan line, they surely aren't a real nudist/naturist (or whatever term you use) are they?

Comment

I'm new to nudism, and actually new to getting much sun at all until this summer because I'm so fair skinned. So I was proud that I've got a nice glow without tan lines.

But then I was stuck in Roseburg, Oregon sitting poolside at my hotel, and fell asleep with my bottoms on (you gotta keep everything covered in that town) and burnt everything but the buns.

That was in May and I still have a slight tan line from the bottoms. But my boyfriend (a 20 plus year nudist who introduced me into this wonderful life) traces it and still thinks it funny.

So there you go, a nudist with an accidental tan line.

Comment

The only thing what you can determine from tan lines is thart the person do not live in naturist area. Everything else is false.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauna View Post
                      The only thing what you can determine from tan lines is that the person does not live in naturist area. Everything else is false.
                      Last summer, returning after a stint working in the US, I got teased mercilessly about my "American tan lines" This year I was more careful, but I still think it is a fun idea to refer to all tan lines as "American tan lines"

(After-thought, birkini tan lines must be REALLY hard to detect, so maybe that is my solution while in the US! )

Comment

I'm not saying you have to have no tan lines to be a nudist, I was just aware of the amount of tan lines, just something that jumped out at me.

Comment

i have tan lines, a couple actually, and my excuse is that i have very few opportunities in my surrounding area to go nude......i dont have a garden, dont have any resorts, and none of my family or friends are into the lifestyle.

the only was i can get an all over tan is to find some secluded field to lie in, use my friends gardens while im house-sitting or when i go to resorts around europe

and i hope that when im at these resorts im not being looked down upon and judged by people without tan lines, whose only difference to me is that they are able to live the life most days

and there was me thinking that the naturist life discriminated against no-one.....well, you live, you learn

Comment

Originally posted by maliakei
                            Years back I was wearing a 2-pc bathing suit without sunscreen on the beach & in the ocean, then that evening my skin turned so red the next day it blistered awful. Gradually the burn turned into a tan, peeling everywhere, it took a year for the tan lines to go away. Lesson learned!
                            been there, except it wasnt a 2-pc, i was wearing board shorts while snorkelling on a reef as i went on a chartered tour....wore lots of sunscreen, still got roasted, still have the tan lines 10 months later

Comment

Originally posted by maliakei
                              I take it your skin is also quite fair as many Irish people tend to be. The highest SPF I've seen in the stores is SPF by Aveeno, waterproof too. Have fun in the sun.
                              thanks for the advice

im actually quite sallow skinned, my grandfather is Greek so im not like most Irish people......most of us are naturally blue and need a tan to turn white lol

1 warning on really high SPF factors that are waterproof, some of them use Wax as a waterproofing agent, and that totally counteracts the SPF factor.

Comment

Working...
                              X