Editorial cartoons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editorial cartoons

Before the web, we were limited to seeing only the editorial cartoons in our local newspaper. Now there are daily databases. Some cartoons are timeless and some are time-bound, like the current crop on the Obama, Tea Party and Chile miners.

Anyway, I thought it might be fun to have a place to share links if you see a good one.

Then again, I can never leave well enough alone, and am occasionally tempted to add a naturist tweak. For instance, below is my riff on Don Wright's editorial cartoon that appeared in the International Herald Tribune this weekend.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DonWrightWebPriva.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	487306
    Last edited by Agde; 10-17-2010, 08:22 AM.

Re: Editorial cartoons

This isn't an editorial cartoon, but I like the "editorial" in the cartoon.

Some unknown clever person adjusted Lynn Johnston's original (which you can see by clicking on image above).

It's been posted here before, but the search function works so poorly that I can't find it, so I figure it deserves a repost.

Comment

Agde:

I think yours works much better. I have a feeling that would apply to most non-naturists reading it too. I wonder if the cartoonist ever considered having the guy nude. Maybe he did and thought it was so far out of what's considered 'normal', that he ended up putting the guy in PJ's.

Good work!

Joe

Comment

WARNING! In case you're thinking about using a sunless suntan product this winter to prolong your naturist tan!

Comment

Here's one I really like and I'm going to be so embarrassed if I got if from this forum to start with.
          Attached Files

Comment

Time-sensitive material -- expires November 2nd!

Comment

The best political cartoonists have a way of distilling a current event and presenting its seence -- doing it in such a way that you can't help thinking, brilliant! (Unless, of course, you don't happen to agree with his or her opinion.)

Take Oliphant, for example. He is a Pulitzer-prize-winning cartoonist. There's some interesting stuff about him at the link below - on some cartoons that had great impact, and why.

Seattle Town Car
              Last edited by Jaman2012; 03-17-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Danae has recently been tweaking the wording of US Amendments. She silenced her nudist friend with the First one. I was hoping she'd go for the right to bare arms, and legs, and everything else on the Second, but alas she opted for heightening conflict instead!
                Last edited by Agde; 02-08-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Here's John Sherffius's reflection on the ..er.. post-DaVinci challenge of body acceptance.

Comment

More TSA news from John de Rosier of the Albany Times Union. I want to get me one of these for this summer at the beach!

Comment

The best political cartoonists have a way of distilling a current event and presenting its seence -- doing it in such a way that you can't help thinking, brilliant! (Unless, of course, you don't happen to agree with his or her opinion.)

Take Oliphant, for example. He is a Pulitzer-prize-winning cartoonist. There's some interesting stuff about him at the link below - on some cartoons that had great impact, and why.

Comment

Once again, I couldn't resist editing a cartoon, this one from Hankin (with shorts) in this week's (Dec 8) New Yorker. It is reminiscent of another cartoon a couple years ago during New York heat wave. My naturist version is below:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	NewYorker-I-got-hot.png
Views:	1
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	544965
                        Last edited by Agde; 12-01-2014, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I always scan the comic page in the local newspaper to see if there are naturist themes.
                          It has been a dry spell for quite some time.

Comment

The Befuddled Stranger: http://bit.ly/1CbEcU1

Comment

Just another home nudist facing rumors at the office! Of course the answer would be "well, the accident was freak but the nude vacuuming is routine."

Dilbert by Scott Adams 12/20/2014

Comment

Working...
                              X