nch chat down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nch chat down?

I'm having problems getting connected to the NCH chat room. anyone aware of a problem.

Re: nch chat down?

Is the chat room down now? Last I was able to connect was Wednesday, 7/17/2013. It is now Monday, 7/22/2013 at 11:15 PM. Attempt to connect to chat get stuck in "Authenticating..." and will stay in that mode for hours if I let it.

Comment

Originally posted by nycapnude View Post
      Is the chat room down now? Last I was able to connect was Wednesday, 7/17/2013. It is now Monday, 7/22/2013 at 11:15 PM. Attempt to connect to chat get stuck in "Authenticating..." and will stay in that mode for hours if I let it.
      Try a different browser. I usually use Chrome and that hangs up once in awhile on "Authenticating....."

Comment

Goodriddance to the NCH Chat. Many of the members in there are very rude and it is at times a hostile environment that does not represent healthy, sensible nudism. Besides I'm not one to have any desire to be goin' in there and answereing to the requests of the other members there to show myself all off like it's some kind of peep show. I'm not into that crap.

The NCH Chatroom is an unfortunate misrepresentation of what healthy and peaceful nudism is and it countermines the healthy attitudes about nudism CFI is trying to promote through our website and forums.

I abandoned the NCH chats about 3 years ago and have not since looked back.

Comment

So ... you're basing NCH's current chat room's activity with what you experienced 3 years ago and you haven't been back since. Seems logical? I don't use chat rooms anywhere unless I'm going to chat with one specific friend I made here years ago. The ONLY problem we seem to have with the chat room at NCH is that we get disconnected frequently but many other members experience that same problem. There have been no reports of the activity you mentioned, recently and I've been a member there, for as long as the site's been up and running. Maybe because many members did what should have been done and reported the rude, hostile and voyeuristic behavior of some. It's fine to complain but you have to complain to the right people so that those types of things get taken care of.

Comment

Brian is working on it. Plus he is trying to get it to work with ios devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Corky View Post
              Brian is working on it. Plus he is trying to get it to work with ios devices.
              Thanks, Corky.

If this helps - at times I experienced the problem using the Google Chrome browser, some months back, so I just used IE. Then it was fixed - and up until recent days, Chrome was fine.

So I don't know if some maintenance level regressed Chrome compatibility...

'lurk

Comment

NCH chat is back up and has a new look. I worked fine for me a couple hours ago and according to those in chat ... they've not experienced any issue thus far.

Comment

I am still unable to connect to chat on Tuesday, 7/23/2013 @ 3:04 PM EDT, using either of:
                  Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 64 bit edition, update 9.0.15 (KB2817183)
                  FireFox 22.0

Flash Player is also up-to-date, having been downloaded today.

The symptom is the same, chat window gets stuck in the "Authenticating..." mode.

Comment

Just logged onto Chat at NCH ... still up and running, works fine from this end. Not sure what's up with your connection. Have you contacted support staff on that site?

Comment

FireProf, Since you're registered on both CFF and NCH, did you connect to chat through the NCH portal or the CFF portal?

I have an incomplete registration on NCH because I've never completed it, so I sign on via the CFF chat link and show up in the chat with the "CFF-" prefix on my screen name. I've noticed (from disappearance of the prefix) that a lot of chatterers who used to enter via CFF have registered directly on NCH.

Could it be that the cross-link from CFF to NCH Chat has a problem, which it did when the shared chat was first established? If this is the case, I can complete the NCH registration.

Comment

That's a possibility. I log onto NCH chat through the NCH site and not through CFI. Is NCH's chat room a "premium member" benefit only? I've only just started using the "chat room" after being invited to chat by a good friend here. I never used it prior and for some reason ... I don't have or can't find the "icon" for chat on this site.

(shrug)

Comment

well first of all i dont use that nch chat because i have no need for it .there are so many rude and nasty people in there.well they need to get rid of that anyway.and things will be alot better.io have never used the chat on here.

Comment

FYI, The chat link is not in any of the menu bars or tabs. I've never understood why, but it is in a button labeled "Enter Live Chat" centered just below the second paragraph, on nearly every CFF page, that reads:

"NudistClubhouse.com and ClothesFreeForum.com have joined forces to provide a combined chat room. This gives you the largest group of nudists and naturists on the internet to chat with, 24 hours a day! Includes live video webcam support to meet new friends face to face!"

A button labeled "Enter Live Chat" is centered just below that paragraph. Occasionally, if you increase the scaling of the browser page to something in excess of 100%, the button will be pushed down into the next paragraph and be difficult to spot. It opens a page from the NCH site that lists the chat rules and has another button to actually join the chat room in a separate browser window or browser tab.

Chatterers who enter this way are logged into the CFF chat room with their screen names prefixed by "CFF-". Usually, one then switches into the NCH chat room, because that's where everyone is. Once-in-a-while, a bunch of chatterers will move into the CFF room, sometimes to get away from a topic or another chatterer that is annoying them. Generally, though, the CFF room is used mostly as an anteroom for entry into the NCH room.

Except for some quickly resolved glitches when the combined chat rooms were first implemented, I've not had a problem joining into the chat through this route until now.

Comment

Originally posted by nycapnude View Post
                              FYI,
                              Except for some quickly resolved glitches when the combined chat rooms were first implemented, I've not had a problem joining into the chat through this route until now.
                              It's still down. Perhaps they want us all to register on the other board.

Comment

Working...
                              X