Drivers for hp printer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers for hp printer

I have an hp officejet 8500 printer and a new tower. Somehow, I misplaced the installation disc for the printer and it won't work on the new tower. I tried downloading from hp, but they want to sell the driver to me. This isn't a problem, but using my credit card on their site is because I am afraid of being hacked. any suggestions?

If they required your credit card, you were on the wrong website. Go to
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3752459
    Enter your operating system and download the correct drivers

Comment

Yep. Use the IT pro version to get drivers only.
      http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...52459&sw_lang=

Comment

HP does not sell their drivers. You can download them for free.

Comment

Just one thing to remember - HP may not make a driver - if it's an old printer and a new OS. I think you'll have better luck that I have had, with a newer printer.

I have an hp LaserJet 1000. When my company laptop was replaced with a 64-bit system, it wouldn't work. HP made no driver.

I had to buy another printer. Needless to say it wasn't an HP.
          Last edited by usuallylurk; 08-18-2014, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Regardless of the manufacturer, a carefully structured Google search will narrow your results considerably. Here is an example with a specific Operating System placed in quotation marks and a "site:" filter limiting the results to one specific Domain:
            officejet 8500 Driver "Windows 7" site:hp.com (~24,000 results)
            officejet 8500 Driver "Windows Vista" site:hp.com (~14,000 results)

For those Users new to the latest Operating Systems, remember to determine if your is "Windows 7" (64-bit) or "Windows 7" (32-bit). The second choice is only likely to be found on a computer previously used in a business and "cast off" (recycled) for sale to a private person.

In any case, this type of search also helps limit the chances of getting a Driver from an unverified source - one that may have been tampered with and could conceal malware or spyware along with its installer program.
            Last edited by Centauri4; 08-19-2014, 05:15 AM.

Comment

I would only advise - if possible - only download drivers from the manufacturer's website..

Comment

Iwent to the site and downloaded the drivers. Today is a busy day, so I might not be able to see if they work for a day or two. I will keep you guys posted and let you know how it works.

Comment

Here is the Direct Support HP Site for your Series HP OfficeJet 8500 Printers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...+8500&product=

The others that posted are correct, HP never charges for Their Driver Downloads from their Site, or asks for Credit Card or Charges for HP Driver downloads

Comment

Working...
                  X