X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuba Au Naturel

We just returned from a vacation in Cayo Santa Maria and had great weather for the entire week. While we stayed at Melia Las Dunas (two resorts down from the nude beach), we spent most of our time at the beach at the nude area adjacent to Sol. As far as facilities, entertainment, atmosphere, hospitality etc, MLD is top notch. We walked through all three resorts and liked MLD and Sol the best. Melia (middle resort) would be our third choice. If we went again would have no hesitation of staying at MLD, but likely would stay at Sol because the walk to the nude beach is a good 20-25 minutes from MLD. Good part about that is we actually lost weight during the trip, and it was not for lack of eating and drinking. There were generally anywhere from 30-40 naturists at the nude beach each day and you could freely walk the beach anywhere beyond the nude area. We had some great walks au naturel and while there were lots of textiles and snorkelers walking as well, there were no problems at all, and nudity is well accepted by all. Only concern we have is that with more resorts being built (Barcelo is building a large resort beyond MLD) there will be more and more textiles and that may cause them to push more and more into the nude beach area. Definitely thinking of going back again next year and would love to spend 2 weeks there.
    Attached Files

A little envious...

Originally posted by Yasehtor View Post
    We just returned from a vacation in Cayo Santa Maria and had great weather for the entire week. While we stayed at Melia Las Dunas (two resorts down from the nude beach), we spent most of our time at the beach at the nude area adjacent to Sol. As far as facilities, entertainment, atmosphere, hospitality etc, MLD is top notch. We walked through all three resorts and liked MLD and Sol the best. Melia (middle resort) would be our third choice. If we went again would have no hesitation of staying at MLD, but likely would stay at Sol because the walk to the nude beach is a good 20-25 minutes from MLD. Good part about that is we actually lost weight during the trip, and it was not for lack of eating and drinking. There were generally anywhere from 30-40 naturists at the nude beach each day and you could freely walk the beach anywhere beyond the nude area. We had some great walks au naturel and while there were lots of textiles and snorkelers walking as well, there were no problems at all, and nudity is well accepted by all. Only concern we have is that with more resorts being built (Barcelo is building a large resort beyond MLD) there will be more and more textiles and that may cause them to push more and more into the nude beach area. Definitely thinking of going back again next year and would love to spend 2 weeks there.
    Sounds great! I'd like to visit, but of course it is illegal as a US citizen. Who knows, that may change with the transition of power in Cuba...you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by scubare View Post
      Sounds great! I'd like to visit, but of course it is illegal as a US citizen. Who knows, that may change with the transition of power in Cuba...you never know.
      It is NOT illegal, there are just certain hoops to jump through to stay within the letter of the law - law which is of questionable validity. Americans are not prohibited by US law from going anyplace in the world, but there are restrictions on being able to spend American money in Cuba - restrictions with lots of loopholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark View Post
        It is NOT illegal, there are just certain hoops to jump through to stay within the letter of the law - law which is of questionable validity. Americans are not prohibited by US law from going anyplace in the world, but there are restrictions on being able to spend American money in Cuba - restrictions with lots of loopholes.
        Actually, the embargo will be lifted with a leadership change - IN WASHINGTON.

Florida's a critical swing (no, not SWINGER, but *SWING*) state in the Presidential election. None of the three current finalists for the American Presidency will dare approach a detente situation with Cuba - BEFORE the election.

Whoever wins, however, will open the door. American industry and business have been left at the starters' gate there. And the US will lift its stupid embargo -- and investment dollars will flow into Cuba, but only if the Cuban government really needs them. And, of course, Fidel's successor, be it Raul or someone else, will put serious restrictions and controls on American investment.

It won't be a return to "the good old days" of Batista, to be sure.

Comment

I really don't expect the embargo to last too much longer. Change is coming in both Washington and in Havana. Trade has been increasing so American business has more of a stake in loosening or eliminating that embargo. No matter who is in power, business has serious influence in government.

One business opportunity will be buying up old American cars and refurbishing them for sale in the US. Gas will be $4.00+ a gallon, but that Packard or Rambler would be a cool "toy."

Comment

The American business community has been hounding Presidential administrations for over a decade now, to lift that silly embargo.

Like him, love him, dislike him, hate him - Fidel Castro did a hell of a great job with the hand he's been dealt. And he outlasted nine American Presidential administrations. Some may call him a despotic dictator, but no leader like that stays in power that long unless he has a great deal of popular support.

The hotel/hospitality industry feared what happened = they have been left at the starter's gate. When they are eventually allowed into Cuba, they have to now compete against established resorts that are well-entrenched and successful.

But as long as Florida has its large Cuban-emigre, anti-Castro population -- who can affect the outcome of a national Presidential election -- no one running for President will TOUCH that issue.

What has hurt the United States even more is that Cuba has built its tourist industry WITHOUT American dollars coming in. The economic power of the European Union is much greater, and increasing moreso than that of the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by texasjoe View Post
              I really don't expect the embargo to last too much longer. Change is coming in both Washington and in Havana. Trade has been increasing so American business has more of a stake in loosening or eliminating that embargo. No matter who is in power, business has serious influence in government.
              Even a lot of the hard core anti-Castro exiles (I have some cousins in that group) are coming around to the opinion that open trade and people to people relations with Cuba can only help bring about a more open society there receptive to democratic change.
              One business opportunity will be buying up old American cars and refurbishing them for sale in the US. Gas will be $4.00+ a gallon, but that Packard or Rambler would be a cool "toy."
              Nope, those old cars have already been declared national treasures - it is illegal to export them, and don't expect that to change.

Comment

Cayo Largo

A couple of years ago we went to Cayo Largo in Cuba and stayed at the Sol. The island was a great place and was mostly clothing optional. You could walk for several miles along the beach totally clothesfree. It was the textile areas that were small and set aside. I'd like to go back but it is a long trip from the westcoast of Canada.

While there I met one American who had come through Mexico. I asked him if it would cause him any complications going back and he pointed out that Cuba doesn't stamp passports so there would be no record on his passport of his trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark View Post
                  Nope, those old cars have already been declared national treasures - it is illegal to export them, and don't expect that to change.
                  Sure, anything created under capitalism in Cuba is a national treasure.

Been to Cayo Largo back in 2001. Nice beach. Not much on the island to do or see.

Comment

Originally posted by KirkOntario View Post
                    Been to Cayo Largo back in 2001. Nice beach. Not much on the island to do or see.
                    What was I thinking! Stuck nude for week on a beautiful tropical beach... It's tough but I guess somebody's got to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redtan View Post
                      What was I thinking! Stuck nude for week on a beautiful tropical beach... It's tough but I guess somebody's got to do it.
                      I agree, Redtan...I loved Cayo Largo in 1997 for just that reason - nothing much to do! And no "animators" or people on the beach driving you crazy to do things that would be of no interest.

I'd go back tomorrow, as it's apparently just as unspoiled as it was 10 years ago. Can you imagine if the US or Canada had taken it over? We'd see Tim Horton's, Second Cup, McDonalds, etc etc etc
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Journeyman; 05-02-2008, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Reply to thread - Cuba Au Naturel

I doubt I would be cleared for passage to Cuba due to my past TS Government security clearances and official diplomatic passports.

Comment

Re: Reply to thread - Cuba Au Naturel

Just got back from 7 days at Cayo Largo. Excellent Nude Beach and Excellent Weather!

The Tram that takes you to Serena Beach(free). If you have back problems, take a cab, 2 Cuban pesos. The Cab was a fairly late model Hyundai Van with a 5 speed manual transmission and a diesel engine (kinda neat)
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Edmontonnudist; 04-15-2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Re: Reply to thread - Cuba Au Naturel

Going to Cayo Santa Maria and staying at the Sol Cayo Santa Maria , beginning in April. Any new nude news on this beach?

Comment

Working...
                            X