Dead Sea Nudist Beach CLOSED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Sea Nudist Beach CLOSED

I visited the Siesta Beach nude beach on the Dead Sea today. I was surprised to find it was in the process of being dismantled.

The addage use it or loose it applies. The manager of Siesta Beach said that there were not enough nude users of the beach to justify the cost to maintain it as a nude beach when the textile beach was over crowded on weekends and holidays. Siesta Beach is popular with tourists who visit Israel and the Dead Sea. The same manager added that this was purely a business decision based on maximizing the value of the current beach front property on the Dead Sea. There was no political or religious pressure to close the beach.

While there is no shortage of "solarium" beaches were seperate sex nude bathing is allowed on the Dead Sea, the closure of Siesta Beach's nude beach is the end of a sanctioned nudist beach on the Dead Sea - at least for now.

Closed, sanctioned or not, isn't there out of the way areas [around the Dead Sea] or coves where couples, singles [and same sex people] can go and be nude and practice freedom being nude and socializing legal or not, and not be bothered?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Lee:
      Israel - Kalya Nudist Beach by the Dead Sea (Google Search)
      Sorry, Jason, its the same place. There are other places along the Dead Sea's shore. However, some of these undeveloped places can be dangerous to people and vehicles. The Sea itself has receded leaving hundreds of yards of mud flats. It is not recommended to cross these flats to get to the water.

The closing of Kalya (Siesta Beach) facility is a big loss for Israel nudists and nudist visitors to Israel. Having facilities on site was a real plus.

Comment

No need to dispair! The closing of the naturist section of Kalia was not a surprise to the regulars. The management had been threatening it for a while. Over the last couple months the threats seemed more serious, so some of us started looking for other alternatives for our Saturday hangout.

The management of Neve Midbar, which is just a little further down the street than Kalia, agreed to put aside an area for us. I have waited to write about it, because I wanted to go there first. Two weeks ago I was there, but it was too cold to swim, and I did not even go down to the water. This past weekend was nicer, and I went swimming and sat on the beach.

The management has been making the improvements that we asked for, such as a bathroom facility close to our area, and fresh water showers. They also have put plastic chairs and a few big umbrellas for shade. They say that they will continue to make the area nicer, and they really seem to want us, unlike Kalia. There were about 40 people there last Saturday, and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

In the end, I think that it will be nicer than Kalia. I definatly recommend that anyone in the area stop by! Admission to our area is only 20 sheckels. ($4.00)

Comment

Hi Sailor!
          We was 60 people last Saturday (11-12-05)

Comment

Avi with the Nargila

Comment

maya and M

Comment

FOR MOR PICS PLS GO TO :
                http://hydepark.hevre.co.il/hydepark...pic_id=1660657

INFO:naturism@naturism.co.il

Comment

That's great news. Neve Midbar is the last establishment on the South end of the Kalya complex?

Comment

That's great news. Neve Midbar is the last establishment on the South end of the Kalya complex?
                    To go to Kalia you would turn right at the end of the main road from Jerusalem, then turn left at the sign for the beaches. Do the same thing for Neve Midbar. Then continue on that road, past the left turn for Kalia, and then look carefully for the signs to Neve Midbar. Its about 5 minutes further from Jerusalem than Kalia.

Once you are parked, go to the entrance gate and tell them that you want a ticket for the naturist section, and ask them for instructions where to walk. Briefly, you would go to the right, past the shower/toilet building, past the bungalows, and a little further down the hill towards the water and you are there.

This Friday night is an Amuta event at a pool near Petach Tikva, so attendance at Neve Midbar on Saturday will be light. The following week there should be good attendance if the weather is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor:
                      quote:
                      To go to Kalia you would turn right at the end of the main road from Jerusalem, then turn left at the sign for the beaches. Do the same thing for Neve Midbar. Then continue on that road, past the left turn for Kalia, and then look carefully for the signs to Neve Midbar. Its about 5 minutes further from Jerusalem than Kalia.

Once you are parked, go to the entrance gate and tell them that you want a ticket for the naturist section, and ask them for instructions where to walk. Briefly, you would go to the right, past the shower/toilet building, past the bungalows, and a little further down the hill towards the water and you are there.

This Friday night is an Amuta event at a pool near Petach Tikva, so attendance at Neve Midbar on Saturday will be light. The following week there should be good attendance if the weather is nice.

We will be in Israel in July, is this beach used during the week as well or only on weekends? We have visited a beach north of Netanya and met members of the Amuta a couple times during previous July visits but the attraction of a beach which is always open sounds great. We have also found the "medusim" to be in great abundance on the med. so perhaps the dead sea is a better bet when we visit in July.

BTW, I have tried to reconcile the Hyde Park site with the site which you get from the Israeli naturists site forum. Are they the same?

Comment

We will be in Israel in July, is this beach used during the week as well or only on weekends?

At this point that seems to be the intention. Now that they have made this investment in the area, I would think that they would want to maximixe their return

Comment

BRW, I have tried to reconcile the Hyde Park site with the site which you get from the Israeli naturists site forum. Are they the same?

The Hyde Park Forum, in its various forms, has been around alot longer than the Amuta forum. They are definatly under different management, though many of the same people post to both.

Comment

I tried out the new beach at Neve Midbar. Wow! Huge area, very private, and about 100 meters of beach. Plenty of room for volley ball and tents to get out of the Summer Sun when necessary. The sanitary facilities are unusual but functional. It will be a great place for nudists visiting Israel and the Dead Sea. At 20 NIS (<$5.00 US) its a bargain for the day.

I was sorry to see that the folks who used it on Saturday did not clean up when they left. I spent about an hour today picking up plastic cups, bottles, paper, and everything else. I filled up two large trash bags. Even those that smoke, left the beach dirty with cigarette butts. I hope that nudists in Israel will also have some environmental sensitivity in the future and leave this beautiful new facility better than they found it.

Comment

Working...
                            X