croatia this summer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• croatia this summer

i know that there's virtually no action on this forum, but i'll see if anyone here can help....

my wife and i are going to be in croatia for 8 days this summer. we'll be arriving in dubrovnik and leaving from split. we have time for maybe one island trip in between. needless to say we are looking to spend some time nude near the water.

we've already penciled in nugal beach near makarska (pic below). any other places that you folks like?

Sounds awesome, but no experience there. But we are heading to Payable Bay resort in Roataan for a day visit in a couple of weeks while on a cruise. Croatia is on my bucket list though so I am anxious for a report on your visit.

Comment

I haven't been for a long time but there's masses of opportunities in Croatia. Mostly rock or stony beaches but lovely clear Adriatic water. Very close to Dubrovnik town you have the island of Lokrum. Not very big and rather popular being so close to town but it's ok. I like the island of Hvar, which is reasonably large and has places to stay. Hope you have a great time.

Comment

hey there. got back from croatia a couple of weeks ago so i figured i would follow up on my own post.

my wife and i spent about 8 days in croatia. although our primary goal of visiting wasn't to visit CO beaches, we took a few opportunities to do so, so i though that i'd pass on my observations...

I'll divide this up into a couple of posts. first up is...

Lokrum Island

our first stop on our trip was Dubrovnik. we spent one morning wandering around old town Dubrovnik, and right before lunch hopped one of the ferries available in the harbor to Lokrum Island. The return fare was around 10 euro (i think).

To locate the FKK area, simply get off of the boat and at the end of the dock find the path to your left that parallels the shore and follow it to the end (the red star on the pic below)

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.6226.../data=!3m1!1e3

at the end of the path you will see this sign (not my picture)...

Just past the sign is a small snack bar with sandwiches and drinks (including beer). Just past the snack stand is the FKK area. There is a fairly sizable area of flat, tiered rocks to pick from. There are several ladders placed at intervals along the shore to help you get into and out of the gorgeous, clear water. You can relax on any part of the rocky area surrounding the star on the pic above. There's a lot of space.

We spent the afternoon swimming, sunning, sipping beer, and failing to communicate with a nice german couple lounging near us. Because of the terraced rock formation, you really can't see how many people are enjoying the "beach", but we guess we saw maybe 30-40 throughout the afternoon, all nude except for a few guys near the cove in the pic above doing pushups in speedos . It was an absolutely lovely place, more of a place for quiet and solitude than socializing or activity. The swimming was amazing! I totally recommend it!

WARNING: this spot, as well as every spot we visited is rocky. There is NO SAND. you will absolutely have to wear something on your feet or risk injuring them. The rocks are hot and sharp! We wore beach shoes. If you don't have them they are available (for cheap!) in every tourist store in the country. I seem to remember them being sold on the boat docks, too. Don't attempt to walk around the rocks without them!

Lokrum Island has a lot more things to see if you like sightseeing and you could easily spend the day there.

I'll followup when i get a chance with the other places we visited.
        Last edited by squatch; 08-14-2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X