X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patricia and Beaconia Beaches, Manitoba Canada

Since Canada and Manitoba in particular seems to be rather under represented around here I thought I'd share a few pics of the nude beaches we have available to us here in the center of the continent.

Our summers can get pretty warm so they do get a fair amount of use and they're only about a 45 minute drive north of the city.

Since Canada and Manitoba in particular seems to be rather under represented around here I thought I'd share a few pics of the nude beaches we have available to us here in the center of the continent.

Our summers can get pretty warm so they do get a fair amount of use and they're only about a 45 minute drive north of the city.

Comment

Thanks for posting, Midnite Rider. I was in Winnipeg briefly this past summer, but didn't have time to visit the beach. Nice to know there's more than one!

J'man
      Nova Scotia

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Journeyman:
        Thanks for posting, Midnite Rider. I was in Winnipeg briefly this past summer, but didn't have time to visit the beach. Nice to know there's more than one!

J'man
        Nova Scotia

Just to make things convenient for people, we decided to put them right next to each other. They're separated by a channel that's a few hundred meters wide. Thanks to lower lake levels this year it was no problem to walk across between the two.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos of the beach there, midnite_rider! The weather looks great!

Comment

I could look it up, but I enjoy conversation more than research..

So is this the north side of one of the Great Lakes? What we're looking at freezes over doesn't it? Is the water warm enough for splashing around and swimming by July/August.

Anyway, looks like a great spot. I like it that it's not crowded; nude or textile.

Any chance one could do a nude run along the shoreline there? Say half-mile out and back? That'd be cool.

Mike S

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by LamontCranston:
              I could look it up, but I enjoy conversation more than research..

So is this the north side of one of the Great Lakes? What we're looking at freezes over doesn't it? Is the water warm enough for splashing around and swimming by July/August.

Anyway, looks like a great spot. I like it that it's not crowded; nude or textile.

Any chance one could do a nude run along the shoreline there? Say half-mile out and back? That'd be cool.

Mike S

Looking at maps.google.ca the beaches look to be on the South end of Lake Winnipeg, which is more toward the interior of the continent (more West) then the Great Lakes are. It is a bit more North of them too.

If my 30 y.o. high school geography serves me, all lakes towards the interior are usually shallow. This means they should heat up pretty quickly so I suspect you could go splashing and swimming with no problem (or fear or frostbite!). I would be more concerned with mosquitos and leaches. How are they midnite_rider_68? The size of sparrows and hot dogs? Do you need to carry a club or spear?

Comment

Indeed Patricia Beach and Beaconia Beach are located towards the southern tip of Lake Winnipeg which I believe is the largest lake west of the Great Lakes.

Realistically speaking the season runs from about mid-May to mid-September. Not being a swimmer I can't speak for the water temperature but there's people swimming well before July so that isn't a problem.

Beaconia Beach has a nice long stretch of about a kilometer I'd guess that's clothing optional. Good for a run but it is pretty rocky.

As for the mosquitos, they can be a problem certainly but it isn't the size of them that's an issue it's the quantity. They weren't much of a problem this past summer though as it was so hot and dry here.

Leeches, never heard of them being an issue. Bumping into a catfish or something while you're wading across the channel is about the only hazard that I'm aware of.

The beaches look deserted in my pics because I make it a point never to photograph anybody else. Just a matter of respect.

Comment

beautiful sites! sure looks inviting and natures way to offer enjoying this lifestyle!

Comment

kewl pics!

Dana

Comment

Fine beaches but far away

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Dana Jackson:
                        kewl pics!

Dana

Thanks. Plenty more of them at my Web Site if you want to check 'em out. The link's with my profile.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Sauna:
                          Fine beaches but far away

Far away and buried under snow and ice at the moment unfortunately.

Comment

25 years living in MB and I don't find out about the nude beaches until 5 years AFTER I move away.

*sigh*

Qikdraw

Comment

Working...
                            X