X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor co-ed nude spa

Is there such a thing? My wife and I would really enjoy going to an indoor place where we could dip into various water features and lounge about nude and read the paper and generally be lazy and naked. Does anyone know of such a place in or near San Francisco?

BUH (big ugly husband)

Re: Indoor co-ed nude spa

Originally posted by BUH View Post
    Is there such a thing? My wife and I would really enjoy going to an indoor place where we could dip into various water features and lounge about nude and read the paper and generally be lazy and naked. Does anyone know of such a place in or near San Francisco?

BUH (big ugly husband)
    This place has been around for years. I've never been because I live in southern Calif. If you go I hope you'll give us a trip report.

http://www.kivaretreat.com/services/index.php

Comment

Also check out Frogs in Fairfax: www.frogshottubs.com Yelp has a number of reviews of folks who will give you an idea of what the place is like.

Comment

Okay, me and the misses went to Kiva today, in Santa Vruz. We enjoyed the place immensely. The staff is friendly and the facility is clean, welcoming and functional. The dressing room is small, but there are lockers and it felt secure to me. The shower is nice. The first place we visited was the hot tub. It is large enough to hold 7 or 8 folks very comfortasbly and I bet 15 would fit in a pinch. It was at perhaps 100.5 degrees, based on my personal calibration. The setting is pleasing. Everyone was quiet and not much chatting was evident. There is hot green tea and water there.

The next stop is the cold plunge, but I passed on that. Then the quiet hot tub, which is a redwood tub, and kept a little hotter, I would bet maybe 103 degrees.

The final stop was the sauna. It is a very nice sauna, the interior structure is sturdy and the double door system works well (although the inner door spring doesn't work well and folks have to be reminded to pull the door closed behind them).

The only real negative was the man in the sauna who was moaning and growling. It was a bit unseemly and made me feel like we were somehow intruding on his space. People should only make those noises when they are in a private space. Not cool. (no pun intended)

We will go back, we liked it.

BUH

Comment

Originally posted by BUH View Post
          Okay, me and the misses went to Kiva today, in Santa Vruz. We enjoyed the place immensely......

We will go back, we liked it.

BUH
          Nice trip report BUH. Every report I've read about Kiva over the years has been good. My wife and I will have to stop by sometime when we're up that way next.

We go up to the Big Sur area...just south of Kiva....most summers for a long weekend of sightseeing, playing and visiting relatives. We've never made it to Kiva during those trips but we usually stop by Esalen and sign up for a massage. http://www.esalen.org/sites/emba/index.html Their massages are a little on the expensive side, but they last an hour and 15 minutes plus you get to use their hot springs facilities and sundeck perched on a cliff, right above the Pacific, before and after your massage. It's incredibly scenic, all clothing optional of course, and a great way to spend an afternoon if you're in the Big Sur area in summer.

Photos of the hot springs and massage area are here: http://www.esalen.org/place/hot_springs.html

Esalen is open in winter, but you'd have to be indoors in their hot spring facility and give the outdoor sundeck and massage area a pass due to the winter weather.
          Last edited by Navigator; 11-29-2009, 07:41 AM.

Comment

We have been to Kiva in Santa Cruz. Very laid back, it is a great place.

Comment

Common Grounds Wellness Center www.cgwc.org in Portland is a wonderful place that is clothing optional, coed and has both an oversize outdoor hot tub and sauna.

They have a great staff, it's clean, nice and we go there every time we are in Portland if Collins Beach is too chilly.

Comment

Are there any such places in the Atlanta area? I'd love to find someplace local that my GF & I can go to & spend some time in the nude during the winter months.

Comment

There are plenty in Europe. In the US and the UK there are very few. Says a lot about the different cultures- sorry can't help re Atlanta.

Comment

How about New Jersey (either near Philadelphia or NYC)?

Comment

Anything around Chicago or Indianapolis?

Comment

Anything in Minnesota? That anyone know's of.

Comment

Often, a "non-landed" nudist club -- that is, a group that gets together for nude recreation, will rent out a health club, or something that might qualify as a "spa".

These clubs exist all over the country. Go to the AANR home page (aanr.com) and click on the link "Find a nudist club near you". A map will open up, you can click on your state and find a list of clubs -- and links to them. Contact any of them, they may have events near you.

Here in my area, three different clubs conduct events and through the winter, there are at least two events a month to attend. I went to a swim last Sunday and am going again to another one this weekend.

Also - www.naturistsociety.com - click on Naturist Network - a pull-down box will allow you to enter your state abbreviation, you can get a list of clubs there, too.

Many are BOTH AANR and TNS affiliated, but some are only affiliated with one group.

I know that there are some groups that gather in Minnesota;

As far as Chicago, there WAS a club called the Chicago Sun Club which used to hold gatherings, but they appear to have been defunct for around five years now. There is another Chicago-based group listed on the AANR page, but they have no website.

There doesn't seem to be any group listed for Indiana that holds off-season get-togethers, but it wouldn't hurt to call the landed clubs near you to ask if such groups exist.
                          Last edited by usuallylurk; 01-14-2010, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Whoops I started a second thread on this. http://www.clothesfreeforum.com/show...en-Baden-Style

Comment

There are clubs that conduct indoor winter nudist activities in the Minneapolis (twin cities) area as well as New York City (out on Long Island).

Go the AANR page -- click on find a nudist club near you link, and go from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X