Green River, Greenfield, MA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green River, Greenfield, MA

Hi all, I will be heading to Greenfield, MA later this summer, and will be going right by the Green River. Swimming Holes.org says that this area has been used my nude swimmers. Has anyone been, or have any info?

Re: Green River, Greenfield, MA

I finally got a chance to check out the swimming hole on the Green River. The description given on "swimmingholes.org" is pretty accurate. The covered bridge is still out, so acess has to be gained by S. River Rd Unfortunatley, (or fortunatley) the area is way out there. The swimming area was well defined with a fire pit, benches, and landscaping, but alas I was alone on a beautiful Friday afternoon. It is fun to be nude in nature, but even better when you are not alone. Maybe as swimmingholes.org says there are more people there on the weekend.

Comment

I was also there a year ago. There was one other person there (clothed) when I arrived. I told her I didn't have any swimsuit with me, and asked if she would mind if I didn't wear one. She looked at me very strangely (like I was crazy), but said she didn't care; I could do as I liked. So I went naked. The river was quite cold (in July), but felt good after a hot day on the road. Later, I put on my underwear and sandals and went for a short hike down the river bank. When I returned 2 other girls had arrived in swim suits. When I was ready to go back in the water, I went over and asked them if they objected if I swam nude. They both gave me very strange looks, and did not answer. I then said I could leave my underwear on if they would be offended, but they still did not answer. I went back to my stuff, and they then proceeded to set up a short ways down from where I was. Since they were now some distance away, and they had not said "no", I took this as permission, so I took my underwear off and went in the river again, keeping my distance from them. No sooner had I gotten wet than they both packed up all their stuff and left in a big hurry. Now I felt bad that I had presumably scared them off. I came out of the water and quickly got dressed and attempted to find them, my intent being to tell them I would remain clothed if they were offended. But they had left so quickly they were nowhere to be found. No one else showed up the rest of the time I was there.

So my conclusion is that no one else had any idea this area was clothing optional. So maybe there are some times when you might find others without suits, but my experience suggests using maximal caution here.

Comment

Originally posted by davy View Post
        I was also there a year ago. There was one other person there (clothed) when I arrived. I told her I didn't have any swimsuit with me, and asked if she would mind if I didn't wear one. She looked at me very strangely (like I was crazy), but said she didn't care; I could do as I liked. So I went naked. The river was quite cold (in July), but felt good after a hot day on the road. Later, I put on my underwear and sandals and went for a short hike down the river bank. When I returned 2 other girls had arrived in swim suits. When I was ready to go back in the water, I went over and asked them if they objected if I swam nude. They both gave me very strange looks, and did not answer. I then said I could leave my underwear on if they would be offended, but they still did not answer. I went back to my stuff, and they then proceeded to set up a short ways down from where I was. Since they were now some distance away, and they had not said "no", I took this as permission, so I took my underwear off and went in the river again, keeping my distance from them. No sooner had I gotten wet than they both packed up all their stuff and left in a big hurry. Now I felt bad that I had presumably scared them off. I came out of the water and quickly got dressed and attempted to find them, my intent being to tell them I would remain clothed if they were offended. But they had left so quickly they were nowhere to be found. No one else showed up the rest of the time I was there.

So my conclusion is that no one else had any idea this area was clothing optional. So maybe there are some times when you might find others without suits, but my experience suggests using maximal caution here.
        Green River is clothing optional. I go every summer at least once or twice a month. My friend is a big fan of it, I don't love it so much, but I go along. In my years of going, the nudity goes in and out. There are few people I have met that are green river regulars, they are there almost every weekend (mostly Sundays). This past summer, I saw them at every visit. In addition, encountered many young local kids nude. The nudity is basically set by who shows up first. My friend and I were often the first people there and nude, and most people who came after us too were nude. There have been a few times where people would come to the river and were surprised by the nudity but all of them stayed for a while.

So yes, nudity is there acceptable at Greenfield. In fact, two summers ago, my friend and I posted a "Beyond this point you may encounter nude sunbathers" sign on a tree leading to the river.

Comment

That's great to hear, as I will be back in that area this summer. Does anyone have any updated info?

Comment

Working...
          X