De Anza Springs Nudist Resort, California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De Anza Springs Nudist Resort, California

I am looking for some thoughts on De Anza Springs, here in So. Cal. I will be in the San Diego area and was thinking of spending a three days at De Anza Springs. The website has generic information, I was hoping for some personal reviews. Thanks.

Re: De Anza Springs Nudist Resort, California

I love DeAnza it's been a few years since I was there last but it's a nice place. About the best thing is that there are tons of hiking trails leading out into the Anza Borrego State Park that you can go freehiking on. The place is nice but if you are used to some of the most upscale nudist venues it might not meet your standards. I am not slamming them I prefer the smaller resorts myself. There are 2 pools indoor and outdoor hot tub tennis and basketball and usually on the weekends there is some kind of dance or other entertainment going on. The desert scenery is very stunning especially the sunrises and sunsets.

Comment

Have to agree with NudeAl and his description of DeAnza Springs Nudist Resort. My wife and I visited several months ago for the day. We wanted to do some nude hiking and DeAnza is the place to do this. Many trails and the ability to freehike is...abundant!

My wife doesn't much like rustic and DeAnza could be considered rustic because it doesn't have paved roads, not a lot of grass area, except around the clubhouse and pool area. The roads are dirt and gravel, lots of trees but may not be enough for some and it's in the desert...so it gets hot in warmer months. Even though it is a bit rustic for my wife's taste...she has stated that she really enjoyed the nude hiking and wants to return to do more. The bathrooms and shower facilities are clean but in need of some renovation...but my wife showered and didn't complain about their condition. A very nice club house/rec center, pool deck area, indoor pool...lots of nice amenities. I enjoyed it very much but then again...I go dry camping each year in Death Valley! LOL

I would recommend staying there for your three nights...as long as you're okay with the description of the resort!

Comment

Thanks for the info. The opportunity to hike nude is a big draw. I live in the desert now, so the setting is okay with me. My wife really likes going to Living Waters, so this would be a very different venue. Did you have a chance to eat at the restaurant, how was the food/cost? Thinking of renting a park model for the days we are there.
        Last edited by storm99; 02-21-2011, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I live in the SD area and have visited De Anza many times for the already mentioned outstanding nude hiking opportunities. It is about the only place I know where you can safely leave your clothes in the car and head out into the desert for hikes that can last all day if you want. The restaurant food is good grill type food and the cost is normal. It is not always open. I think midweek it is closed. There is a subway in the gas station at the Jacumba freeway exit a couple of miles from the resort. When you make your reservation be sure to get a model with a kitchen. The motel rooms don't have cooking. Bring extra food to cook and you'll be fine. There are a couple of Native American Houses of Chance 20 minutes or so to the west on I-8 as well for dining. Otherwise you are pretty much in the sticks which is what the place is all about. No stress just relaxation. The staff is very friendly and helpful too. I think the indoor heated pool is salt water too.

Comment

Been there twicw for a weekend with wife and kids. We all love it. Would consider moving there if it were economically feasable.

Comment

Originally posted by labrat93562 View Post
              Been there twicw for a weekend with wife and kids. We all love it. Would consider moving there if it were economically feasable.
              While I am still planning a visit, I have heard it is a little rustic. How did your wife and kids handle it? And what are the draws to wanting to live there?

Comment

Yes, it is a little rustic but I like that. Kids and wife had a ball playing volleyball in the indoor pool. They also have hiking, an outdoor pool , tennis pool tables etc. We won some money at binga, met nudecasters (Great people) did some dancing Sat night to a live band. Did some kareoke. No one that I saw was ever out of line or over intoxicated. Very nice bunch. As far as wanting to live there well It's far enough away from San Diego to be away from big city problems but close enough to go into San Diego on ocassion for all it has to offer. I was born in San Diego so I'm a life long Charger fan. Anyway hope this review helps.

Comment

Originally posted by storm99 View Post
                  Did you have a chance to eat at the restaurant, how was the food/cost? Thinking of renting a park model for the days we are there.
                  The first time we went the food was good and reasonably priced, (more than McDonald's less than Outback). I think a burger combo was around $6-$7. I went again last Feb. Being off season they were only open on the weekend and we were there mid week to go to my Grandpa's funeral in Yuma. I seem to remember they were looking for someone to take over and run the resteraunt at that time. The park models are nice and clean Have kitchens so you can bring groceries if you prefer. I hope the info helps and please keep us posted on how the trip goes.
                  By the way you said you live in Desert, curious wich area? we live in Trona close to Death Valley.

Comment

labrat, thanks for the info. We are just north of Los Angeles, lower desert. The trip will not be until June, but there is a possiblity that I may visit De Anza, mid April. You mentioned kids, what ages? My son is thirteen, I think he would like the hiking and the pool. Sounds like a small amount of groceries would be the way to go at least for breakfast and lunch. What are "nudecasters"?

Comment

My kids are currently 16f,14f and 13m. Nudecasters are the folks that do the clothesfree tv shows shows on this site. hope you have a good time.

Comment

If you visit first in April make sure you visit their website first and download the first time visitor coupon. When you present it in the office you'll also get a tour of the facilities and they'll show you a park model too so you can get an idea of accomodations. I would call it rustic yet clean and the staff is about the friendliest I've encountered at any business. There is a book in the game room next to the office that lists some of the hiking trails yet I would caution to keep your bearings and orientation as to the direction back to the resort until you get a feel for the place. Let the staff know if you go out for a hike alone and what time you expect to be back.
                        It is not that tricky you just have to remember the forks you take once you are over the hills and out of sight of the resort. There seem to be a few young families residing there full time. Most are visitors on weekends or vacations. I would say the fulltime residents tend to be middle-aged and on up. Spry tan and healthy though for the most part.
                        Cheers,
                        Jay

Comment

Originally posted by labrat93562 View Post
                          My kids are currently 16f,14f and 13m. Nudecasters are the folks that do the clothesfree tv shows shows on this site. hope you have a good time.
                          My son is 13, so I think I will try to get him to come along.

Jay, thanks for the info. I am hoping to get a couple of residents to hike with me if my son is not available.

Comment

De Anza springs is a great place to visit. The people are friendly and the hiking trails are fun. In the several times I visited though there seemed to be mostly older folks 40+, I've never seen any kids there. You might want to plan some activities to do with you son if you bring him along so he won't be bored. I don't think he'll find anyone there his age to hang out with.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, sdson. He would enjoy the hiking, but it would be nice if there were a few kids to hang out with, even a couple of years either way.

Comment

Working...
                              X