X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted House gone Naked

A few years back, I saw an advertisement for a haunted house,I think in Boston, that said it was for the 18 and over crowd and contained partial nudity.

I wonder how that worked out.

Right now, we have opened a haunted house already and I am in October mode.

A few years back, I saw an advertisement for a haunted house,I think in Boston, that said it was for the 18 and over crowd and contained partial nudity.

I wonder how that worked out.

Right now, we have opened a haunted house already and I am in October mode.

Comment

I must have hit a dead zone here.

Other than being a nudist, I am heavily involved in the Haunted house market in the Denver area. Since I was 12, I have been creating and working Haunted Houses for the Halloween seasons. I also visit others mostly to see if anyone is doing anything fresh. The problem is, live action Haunted Houses are limited as to what can be done,monitarily, realistically, moraly,(thaks to Columbine and 9-11). We also compete, sorta, with Hollywood and the computer generated special effects department. There is no way to recreate these things in front of a live audience.

So, somehow the bar needs to be raised.

Every H.H. has been rehashing the same old ploys over and over. Not only that, the prices are going higher and higher. When I was a teenager, the typical H.H. price for a professional show was 3.50 to 4.00$. these days the average price is 13.00$. My date and I used to be able to go and see a couple Haunted attractions and still have money for a movie/dinner. Not anymore!

What I am getting at is to make some of the shows actually worth the price.

The original post I started here was written late at night and I didn't go as far as I wanted.

That Haunted Attraction I mentioned, was from a small add in a Horror Fanzine and I haven't seen it since, so I have no idea how it did.

Since I was talking about raising the bar,or doing something different, I thought about taking a line from what Hollywood does and throwing in some gratuitious(sp?) nudity.

Of corse I would have to give it an R-rating and would be aimed at the 18 and over crowd. As a matter of fact, most Haunted attractions are already rated R due to it's violence, situation, language, the only thing missing is the nudity.

I have a friend that was a manager of an adult entertainment organization, who could help with the red tape thing and the Reinkes' who have been doing Haunted Houses for nearly 40yrs.

What I would like is some oppinions on such a venture from all of you.This right now is only in the thought process and I am not sure it can actully be done. But that is what they told the Wright Bros.

NOTHING VENTURED,NOTHING GAINED! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

R.M.Greenman...I would love to see some pictures of your work on the Haunted Houses. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] Of course you could do some semi-nude hh's. Dracula wearing only a cape and fangs. The body painting pictures that were posted here some time back were great, one was Spider Man.
        A man I knew once told of some friends of his that would all dress in tuxedos carrying a coffin. They would enter a bar and put the coffin on the bar where a guy would slowly open the lid, pop out, and they would all have a good laugh, a drink, and off to the next bar. The guy in the coffin was painted a pretty blue color but was otherwise nude. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Now that was entertainment! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I learned tonight that some of these type houses exsist in Detroit. Does anyone know about them?

Comment

A lot of people would assume a sexual intent for a commercial haunted house with advertised nudity.

What I've been known to do was throw a private costume party with "clothing optional" written on the invitations. People who know me well understand I'm for real. Some people don't take it seriously and are in for a bit of a surprise. Nobody gets sour about it and a good time is had by all.

Comment

In Vegas, the last two years we have a strip joint that does a hunted house. The place is called Little Darlings, since they dont sell booze they can go all the way nude. I haven't seen their H.H. but I should check it out, for research....

Comment

Please do! I just want to know what goes on. If it is highly sexual,let me know anyway.

The ideas I have are not suppose to be sexual, except people who consider nudity as sexual.

Only thing I can think of that a sex dealer would do as a haunted house would be an S&M kind of thing and that is definately not something I would do!

Comment

I heard on my radio station that they take a chain saw to someguy's penis.I talked to my GF about going I think we are going to give it a try. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Comment

Ummm, Action, ol' buddy, your GF's name wouldn't be Loraina, or would it?

Comment

Nope. Ever been to Vegas?

Comment

Well here is my idea.....I would like to do a haunted house based in mythology/fantasy.

Mermaids weren't always dipicted as fun loving half fish, they actully lured sailors into the water where they would then drown them.I thought that doing a room based on that would be interesting. Also different.

I have been majorly involved in this kind of thing since 12 yrs of age. I want to pump some new ideas into the field.

The nudity would add something new also, so like the mermaid room, they wouldn't be required to wear sea shell tops or always have hair strategically placed.

Once again this is an idea I've been considering that would have alot of red tape to cut through and endless other considerations.

The big one is that most Haunted Houses are aimed at teenagers and to do a show like this would probly get a NC-17 rating even if it's just nudity and no sexual acts.

Some people cannot or will not distinguish the difference.

Comment

quote:
                          Some people cannot or will not distinguish the difference.
                          Yup. Neither will the police. There's your problem in a nutshell.

Comment

The police won't be a problem if you go through the right channels, recieve the right permits and zoning,follow the caberet laws. You know...RED TAPE.

It can be legally done, I just don't know if it could be profitable. I suppose that I could run it like a regular attraction from 6:00P-10:00P then make it an 18 and over from 10:30p-12:00A

Comment

Turtle Lake Resort will be hosting a Haunted House next weekend and Halloween weekend.

I don't know if it includes/allows nudity. Probably not, since it is open to the public.

-Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X