My first nude modeling experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first nude modeling experience

Earlier I reported that I had been accepted as a model for a life drawing class sponsored by our community college. Because quite a few people on clothesfree expressed interest, Iím providing a detailed account of the experience.

I researched the Internet for what is involved in a life drawing class, bought a couple of instructional figure drawing texts, got some good advice from members of clothesfree.com, and talked to the instructor. The result was that I arrived for the first class well prepared.

Although eight people are registered for the class, only four showed up for this session -- three women, age range 40 to 65, all of whom are quite accomplished artists and one retired guy whose skills are pretty basic.

The studio is on the second floor of a downtown building. It is about 25 x 40 feet in size, with a slightly raised 4 x 8 foot platform for the model, located several feet out from the side wall. There are various aids scattered around Ė chairs, stools, a settee and various props. The students are arranged in a semicircle around the model, some with easels, others working with boards on their lap, and only about 10 feet away. On the wall are drawings of nudes from previous classes. Classical music is playing in the background, and there is a coffee pot and cookies for break times. The room is sufficiently warm for a nude model, and the ambiance overall is quite cozy. Most surprising was the fact that there is a picture window over to one side that overlooks a parking lot and the street.

The instructor showed me a small room where I could change out of my street clothes. Instead of a robe, I brought a sarong with me. I undressed and tied the sarong around my waist, came out and introduced myself to the students. Then I walked down the hall to the menís room for a pee. When I returned, I took off my sarong, put it on a chair and climbed up onto the platform. As I expected, the students showed no reaction to my being naked.

The first part of the class was a 20 minute warmup exercise called ďgesturesĒ, which are action poses, each held for one minute. The student does a quick sketch of each pose using charcoal. I had prepared 20 gestures in advance, which impressed the instructor. My source was sports Ė e.g. throwing a ball, crouching down for the start of a race, a tai chi move, etc. In order to remember them, I taped a list of 2-word descriptors to the inside of my left arm. The instructor was slightly amused at this but, because I didnít have to remember the sequence, I was not nervous or apprehensive.

I worked through about 15 of the gestures, with the students doing a quick sketch of each pose. Then the instructor called a break. Should I put on my sarong or not? Because I had been nude for the past 15 minutes in close proximity to the class, it seemed silly to do so, so I stayed nude. In fact, I stayed nude for the remainder of the three-hour class, except when walking down the hall to the menís room (no other people on this floor). We chatted about various things, with me nude and them dressed, and everyone comfortable. Just like being at a clothing-optional venue.

Next I did 3 five-minute poses Ė one standing, one crouching and one sitting on a stool. No problem at all. After another break, the instructor set me up in a chair for a 15-minute pose, making sure that I would be comfortable. I had no problem with staying immobile for the required time. A short break and then two more 15-minute poses, with a break in between.

At this point, we took a longer break, with coffee and cookies, and chatted some more. I walked around and looked at the drawings. I was amazed at how good a drawing, properly shaded, that the students could do in 15 minutes. I asked the others whether they would be willing to pose nude if the model failed to show up, and everyone said that they wouldnít. This put me on an equal footing with the class: I canít draw and they canít pose nude.

The final part of the class was a long pose of more than an hour, again with me in a comfortable position in a chair. The instructor scheduled two breaks at 20-minute intervals. However, I found that I could stay in the pose for longer, so I ended up doing two 35-minute segments. As the first segment ended, I took careful note of where my hands and feet were placed, how I was positioned on the chair and how my head was tilted. After the break I was able to get back into the exact same position, which impressed the students.

I was surprised that I was able to sit still for these long periods. Also, by listening to the classical music, chatting a bit with the others and rechecking that I was staying in the pose, I didnít get bored at all. And I never felt an erection coming on. This was a whole body experience, not an exposed genitals experience.

At the end, everyone said that I did a very good job, and a couple of them said that I was a more interesting model than some. I think part of it was that I made an effort to get to know the students and to interact with them. I was particularly impressed with the drawings of one of the women who worked the hardest throughout the class. I thought that her 15-minute sketch captured the real me.

The whole afternoon was perfect. I went in well prepared and connected well with the class. Iím really looking forward to my next modeling session, a week from now.

Earlier I reported that I had been accepted as a model for a life drawing class sponsored by our community college. Because quite a few people on clothesfree expressed interest, Iím providing a detailed account of the experience.

I researched the Internet for what is involved in a life drawing class, bought a couple of instructional figure drawing texts, got some good advice from members of clothesfree.com, and talked to the instructor. The result was that I arrived for the first class well prepared.

Although eight people are registered for the class, only four showed up for this session -- three women, age range 40 to 65, all of whom are quite accomplished artists and one retired guy whose skills are pretty basic.

The studio is on the second floor of a downtown building. It is about 25 x 40 feet in size, with a slightly raised 4 x 8 foot platform for the model, located several feet out from the side wall. There are various aids scattered around Ė chairs, stools, a settee and various props. The students are arranged in a semicircle around the model, some with easels, others working with boards on their lap, and only about 10 feet away. On the wall are drawings of nudes from previous classes. Classical music is playing in the background, and there is a coffee pot and cookies for break times. The room is sufficiently warm for a nude model, and the ambiance overall is quite cozy. Most surprising was the fact that there is a picture window over to one side that overlooks a parking lot and the street.

The instructor showed me a small room where I could change out of my street clothes. Instead of a robe, I brought a sarong with me. I undressed and tied the sarong around my waist, came out and introduced myself to the students. Then I walked down the hall to the menís room for a pee. When I returned, I took off my sarong, put it on a chair and climbed up onto the platform. As I expected, the students showed no reaction to my being naked.

The first part of the class was a 20 minute warmup exercise called ďgesturesĒ, which are action poses, each held for one minute. The student does a quick sketch of each pose using charcoal. I had prepared 20 gestures in advance, which impressed the instructor. My source was sports Ė e.g. throwing a ball, crouching down for the start of a race, a tai chi move, etc. In order to remember them, I taped a list of 2-word descriptors to the inside of my left arm. The instructor was slightly amused at this but, because I didnít have to remember the sequence, I was not nervous or apprehensive.

I worked through about 15 of the gestures, with the students doing a quick sketch of each pose. Then the instructor called a break. Should I put on my sarong or not? Because I had been nude for the past 15 minutes in close proximity to the class, it seemed silly to do so, so I stayed nude. In fact, I stayed nude for the remainder of the three-hour class, except when walking down the hall to the menís room (no other people on this floor). We chatted about various things, with me nude and them dressed, and everyone comfortable. Just like being at a clothing-optional venue.

Next I did 3 five-minute poses Ė one standing, one crouching and one sitting on a stool. No problem at all. After another break, the instructor set me up in a chair for a 15-minute pose, making sure that I would be comfortable. I had no problem with staying immobile for the required time. A short break and then two more 15-minute poses, with a break in between.

At this point, we took a longer break, with coffee and cookies, and chatted some more. I walked around and looked at the drawings. I was amazed at how good a drawing, properly shaded, that the students could do in 15 minutes. I asked the others whether they would be willing to pose nude if the model failed to show up, and everyone said that they wouldnít. This put me on an equal footing with the class: I canít draw and they canít pose nude.

The final part of the class was a long pose of more than an hour, again with me in a comfortable position in a chair. The instructor scheduled two breaks at 20-minute intervals. However, I found that I could stay in the pose for longer, so I ended up doing two 35-minute segments. As the first segment ended, I took careful note of where my hands and feet were placed, how I was positioned on the chair and how my head was tilted. After the break I was able to get back into the exact same position, which impressed the students.

I was surprised that I was able to sit still for these long periods. Also, by listening to the classical music, chatting a bit with the others and rechecking that I was staying in the pose, I didnít get bored at all. And I never felt an erection coming on. This was a whole body experience, not an exposed genitals experience.

At the end, everyone said that I did a very good job, and a couple of them said that I was a more interesting model than some. I think part of it was that I made an effort to get to know the students and to interact with them. I was particularly impressed with the drawings of one of the women who worked the hardest throughout the class. I thought that her 15-minute sketch captured the real me.

The whole afternoon was perfect. I went in well prepared and connected well with the class. Iím really looking forward to my next modeling session, a week from now.

Comment

It sounds like you were successful in being a good enough model that they will want you back, and it's good that you never had to vover up while you were there. You went prepared to give them want they wanted and made a good impression. I wish I could do that, but I have arthritis, and my joints stiffen up abd get very painful when I'm in one position for any length of time--especially my knees.

Comment

Gary,
        Your descriptions seem so familiar and typical to me, of drawing sessions. I feel like that I was there. I'm impressed at how well you related to the group members. I am glad that you (and they) had such a good experience.

Comment

Your the man!

Comment

Gary,

Glad to hear your first experience went well and no incidents of indecency (erection). I model again tomorrow morning for two hours and do enjoy doing it. However, the "instructor" isn't present, as this class is on their own, I guess, from the sound of it. But, they do have to pay to be there AND the model calls the shots and break time. Since it's now getting colder up here, I don't know if it'll be heated in the room or not.

Another thing...the place you went to...you may request that the picture window be covered. Some people...aka "some people!!" may get the wrong ideas and call the cops...who knows what they might do!

Pete

Comment

Part of my motivation for applying to be a figure model was to incent myself to lose some weight, tighten up my belly and pay more attention to my posture.

I had three weeks notice of the first class. Immediately I started doing crunches for my belly (in our hot tub with legs over the side) and walking 6+ km per day while maintaining good posture.

Thanks to a reduction in food intake and the walking, I lost about 6 lbs in the three weeks, and my abs were definitely tighter.

As the college plans to use me regularly, I have a continuing incentive to keep my weight down and be more fit. In fact, I may even dust off and start using my Total Gym, bought for a lot of money a couple of years ago.

By the way, the instructor said that the college has difficulty finding figure models. She said that not many people are interested and that some of those who accept to model aren't reliable.

Gary

Comment

Sounds great Gary, When I inquire about modeling they act like I am from Mars. So much for the south.

J

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Jeff Brooks:
                  Sounds great Gary, When I inquire about modeling they act like I am from Mars. So much for the south.

J
                  Funny, they act like I'm something much worse than a Martian - a MALE

Comment

Gary, you write so well. I have never really considered nude modeling. But I like your motavation, and your dedication to this "project"/healthy outlet, you've taken....very inspiring to me. Thanks

Naturally Jason

Comment

Good for you Gary. Thanks for the report. Good motivation for losing weight and getting in better shape--keep it up!!
                      NebTanner

Comment

Folks, thanks for all your kind comments, and especially to Jason.

Ben, I really like all of your avatars, and will incorporate some into my repertoire of poses.

I'll report back on my next class this coming Thursday. I need to work up a set of gestures for the first segment of the class. I think that I'll do fitness-type warmup / stretching exercises.

Any other sources of inspiration for gestures gratefully received.

Gary

Comment

I only have modeled once for a photo session.

I wouldn't model for a drawing session cause I think it has to be exhausting, but I modeled for a photo session.

A friend of mine who was learning photography, a nudist too, asked me if I wouldn't mind model naked for him and two other classmates for a practice to his school. I was a bit hesitant at first but finally accepted.

Their mates were a young guy and a woman, both were very kind with me and made me feel comfortable, cause I must admit I felt strange being naked with three clothed people, meeting for the first time two of them.

Finally I enjoyed the session, it was funny, and I got a set of wonderful pics.

I would consider seriously repeat.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Jason Heh:
                            Gary, you write so well. I have never really considered nude modeling. But I like your motavation, and your dedication to this "project"/healthy outlet, you've taken....very inspiring to me. Thanks

Naturally Jason

Jason,

I popped in today because I received a pm in my email box, so needed to answer. I see you're new...he he he......guys....here's a newby!! Let's get him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoot, too late, he's already nude...

Welcome aboard, Jason! I look forward to seeing more posts from you.

Pete

Comment

Questions for those experienced in modeling:

When doing gestures, is it wothwhile sometimes to repeat the same gesture, but rotated (say) 180 degrees -- in other words front view and back view?

Also, can gestures include positions while lying down?

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X