Does anybody remember Adele Shea?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody remember Adele Shea?

I was thinking back to when I was younger and how there was this girl I am not even sure how to say hername properly. But I think its adele shea.. And she was like this really populer nudist person an article about her was featured on a conspiracy theory site.

Does anybody have any links o the site her article was on or to her actualy website?

Re: Does anybody remember Adele Shea?

Originally posted by Aaron_bongart View Post
    I was thinking back to when I was younger and how there was this girl I am not even sure how to say hername properly. But I think its adele shea.. And she was like this really populer nudist person an article about her was featured on a conspiracy theory site.

Does anybody have any links o the site her article was on or to her actualy website?
    It's Adelle Shea. I found these links (scroll halfway down both pages) but not much else:

http://www.fcn.ca/gn_sample.htm
    http://www.tera.ca/articles.html#Step

It does seem she was an genuine and avid supporter of topfreedom; and this from a relatively young age. I'm surprised I never heard of her until now.

Comment

I was more curious as to see if she returned to activism or if any of her site remains intact.

Comment

I remember Adelle very well, she made quite an impression around here. Back in 2005 she withdrew from naturist activism, but has not been entirely silent. She recently penned a letter to the National Post (Canada): Nudity is natural, not 'gross'

Her withdrawel from activism was detailed in the FCN article by her stepmother (scroll up the page from the link): The road less travelled - Growing with my daughter Adelle
        Last edited by Naturist Mark; 09-14-2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark View Post
          I remember Adelle very well, she made quite an impression around here. Back in 2005 she withdrew from naturist activism, but has not been entirely silent. She recently penned a letter to the National Post (Canada): Nudity is natural, not 'gross'
          Thank you... It's been so long since I got involved in any of this. But my exposure to nudism has definatly shaped the way I see the world. I am curious to see if she ever decides to branch out again.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark View Post
            I read that her nutty birth mother was the reason the site got shut down... This makes me rage.

Comment

I remember her well. I traded a few messages with her when she was here. I remember when she left and started frequenting another forum and had to deal with people thinking that she was a) not a teen and b) not a girl.

Although I dont remember what, exactly, I know I disagreed with her on one or two points, but respected her commitment and her intelligence. It was actually her intelligence and well-written posts that caused people to think she was much older than she was.

Comment

I wasn't around while she was here. Didn't know anything about her. But, I find the story written by her step-mother to be rather inspiring. I can't help but wonder at my occasional cowardice when a teenager can have such an apparent effect on so many people...

Quite a remarkable girl, and I hope that she keeps spreading the word about the truth of the human body, and the positive aspects of not hiding behind clothing. I'm completely impressed.

Comment

Thank you very much for the links Mark. I've always hoped she would reclaim her mantle of activism. I hope that letter to the editor is a return to that.

Comment

I remember her on these forums, she was a good writer and very informed. I think some thought she was a fake because she wrote too well for her age. I saw her website and it was good too. I wondered why she took her site down and left this forum so suddenly. That was before there was an age limit was put on this forum. Now I know. There was another person/girl on here at about the same time, she was also a good writer and I think they found out that she was fake, I forgot her screen name. This picture used in the article was the same one used on her web page.

Comment

The other person/girl was Nudist_Kim. She posted in 2005. Meg was another person posting back then. I liked Meg; she was pretty much a free-spirit.

I too would like to see Adelle become active again. She was very friendly and and I enjoyed her posts.

Comment

Well, I wasn't here to meet the young woman, but after reading the article by her step-mother, she sounded so fascinating that I had to do a little research. While she may not have a website up any more, she has been consistently on the scene supporting nudism and the topfree lifestyle. Below is her latest letter to the editor:

Nudity is natural, not 'gross'

National Post
                        Thursday, Jul 16, 2009

Re: No Pride In Parading Naked, letter to the editor, July 14.

Letter-writer Brian Rushfeldt discusses public nudity during the Toronto Pride parade and equates nudity with "sexually gross behaviour" and raises the mythical spectre that nudity is harmful to children. Note that the term "nude" may also be used to describe exposure of the female breast, though "topfreedom" has been specifically legal in Ontario since the mid-'90s and in B. C. since 2000.

Non-sexual nudity, public or private, is not the problem. In fact, developmental psychologists agree that it may easily convey an attitude that reduces shame and increases comfort in a child's perception of their own body. A natural acceptance, conveyed to our children, can promote their own positive self-image and contribute to the development of healthy adult sexuality, including acceptance of alternate sexual orientation and lifestyles.

In that context, the parade, nudity and all, is indeed family-friendly. However, if the writer is offended by nudity to such a degree, why would he attend in the first place?

Adelle Shea, Edmonton.

Comment

Thanks for the research MEBNUDE. She has a good point, why did he attend (so he could complain). We had at least two of those trouble makers (probably more) in Texas. One tried to get Hippie Hollow closed down and the other filed complaints of nudity at a beach on the Gulf Coast and county law arrested/ticked a few people. The courts overturned both cases.

Comment

I remember her well from this site she was quite a fireball of intelligent, cogent, thought regarding nudism. I was sorry to see her go but I understand that is how things are when you are caught up in the trials that life can throw at you. I am glad to hear she is still active and posting her thoughts on the subject. If I could clone her and send them out into the world I think we might be able to reverse the trend regarding nudism.

Comment

Guess what. Adelle wrote me yesterday and asked me to relay some info for her. She wants everyone to know that she still believes in naturism (obviously) but is more casual (her word) about it. The biggest reason is that other things, mostly her education, is using most of her time. She didn't want anyone to think she had abandoned the cause. Personally I hope that after graduation she'll be more visible and active but that's up to her. I'll include a few links she gave me of letters to the editor and such, one of which led to an editorial and article. I'm not very techno-savvy so we'll see if I can pull this off.

Comment

Working...
                              X