Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can remember my Dad having a dart board and pool table downstairs and we would play darts and shoot pool together naked. It was a great father/son bonding time. So much more relaxed and natural feeling. We would have pool touraments every Saturday night while I was in middle and high school.

Comment

After reading the posts here, I am a little envious of those who were able to enjoy nudity with their fathers. The opportunity to be naked together never happened while I was growing up and most likely will not present itself now. My father and I do have a good relationship, but I wonder of things that might have been.

Comment

I guess it is more of a guy thing, I have been naked with my Dad on beach but not just round home. More of a beach holiday naturist I suppose!

Comment

Outside of nudist clubs, the YMCA naked all male swims were commonly accepted. I remember going with my uncle also. Of course these haven't been around for 25 years or so. But before that they were well known & no one objected. No way these could ever be brought back today. All across the country non-landed nudist clubs are having a hard time renting a pool for a private party even for a few hours.

Comment

Father son outings are nice, I have been to Lupin and Red Rocks with My son. Had a blast with him. Since he is just a little guy (3 1/2) he often jumps in the bath with me.

Comment

Originally posted by NKID_D57:
              After reading the posts here, I am a little envious of those who were able to enjoy nudity with their fathers. The opportunity to be naked together never happened while I was growing up and most likely will not present itself now. My father and I do have a good relationship, but I wonder of things that might have been.
              "What might have been" indeed! Nudity (apart from taking a bath) was unthinkable in the home of which I grew up. Unfortunately, it took me too many years to incorporate it in my own life. By the time I did, my children were all grown and away. To this day, my son (30) still retreats behind the closed toliet door to relieve himself. He has never even stood beside me at an open urinal. I would love to bring those years back and enjoy father/son and family nude experiences. My children and sister would "freak out" if they knew my current life style!

Comment

I belong to a local Y and see both sides of this topic. I see a really open and healthy relationship with a father and son(s) when I see them changing out (clothes) in the locker room. Standing there nude beside each other and thinking nothing of it. Then I will see another son(s) or the dad go off to one of the stalls and change so "god forbid" that they see a nake body of a family member. I will have to admit that I grew up with the latter part- a non-nude home. Now I'm in the nude life and love being nude as much as I can- sorry to leave the family members behind.

Ray

Comment

My own experience and observation is that of growing up in a textile compulsive home, but did have times changing with my dad and brother at the beach and swimming pool. We would share the bath room with my dad shaving while my brother or I showered. In those days it was nude when appropriate, but not something we sought out.

As I discovered the joy in going nude outdoors, I sought out as many instances to be nude as possible on the farm. When I married and had two sons, we chose to raise them without shame as we both enjoyed the freedom of being clothesfree.

During the time the boys were growing up, there was no concern being nude around the house, club, beach, or even in the wilderness while camping. To this day, they continue to enjoy the time they have to be nude and relax.

My observations of younger boys and men come from the health club I belong to and the more public venues like beaches. If the child is changing with dad, I have seen everything from what ScubaRay describes above (changing without shame to the "stall-changers.") If on a nude beach, I see that sons will stay nude, but that is expected on the nude beach. In the clubs I have attended, the boys tend to be nude more often and stay nude.

I believe it truly comes down to the parenting and instilling no shame. There is a difference between no shame and courtesy, so the male teens I have seen at the clubs and beaches are displaying appropriate naturist/nudist behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by born naked:
                    As a 30-something naturist, I was NEVER nude around my father (or any family member; instead confined to my bedroom behind closed door), and never will be--can't even imagine it. God knows what'll happen if I ever have to take care of him.
                    My experience echoes yours, born naked. And now I am taking care of my father, but the same "rules" of modesty prevail...when the time comes that he needs bathing and toilet care, I know he will want a male nurse and not me to do those things. And I'm fine with that, as *his* level of comfort at the age of 88 is just as important as mine, if not moreso.

While he's around, my nude time is confined to when I'm at the cottage or travelling.

Comment

IF i was a dad ,or a son, i would love to spend time with the other one. Just spending time with your father or son would act as a great way of becoming closer to the other and make everyone happier. Now that just sounds plesent

Comment

I've got three boys and in a recreational context I've been to nude beaches (or empty beaches where it wasn't a problem) with the the two older boys. We also frequent public baths and hot springs so that's another recreational outlet. We're very comfortable without clothes but that stems from the family and public bath culture where we live. Makes it easy.

Comment

My brother and I were raised in a nudist household. They always encouraged us to be nude at home. I remember lots of times as a kid being able to spend time naked with my dad while he helped me with my homework, or playing games or just watching TV.

And thankfully, I'm still able to spend time nude with him and my brother on our visits with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by sdson:
                            I also noticed on a few occasions when I visit naturist landed clubs that the boys stay naked once they finish skinny dipping while the girls usually don't. It's probably a good guess that males are more comfortable with nudity than females.
                            SD
                            Maybe it is that boys arrive at an awareness of sex later than do girls, due to later adolescence.
                            IMO I think that the number 1 reason society is wary of public nudity is not body shame. No, it is due to the fear of how others will react to their nakedness. This could be shock, or lust, or some other negative reaction.
                            I have seen that the moment that a person is satisfied that anyone seeing their nakedness is sincere, they immediately warm up to being nude. When boys realize that being exposed is met with understanding, they are not scared to do so.

In my experience, normal everyday women who never gave a thought to teasing a guy, will happily strip off in mixed company when it is understood that no one will react to it. Short of that, normal people will not strip. Others may strip no matter what maybe because they like to shock people. Normal people don't like to shock people no matter what the situation.

Comment

I raised 3 sons. They were around 9 to 12 years old when we discovered nudist or C/O resorts and started taking them along. They didn't have any trouble adapting to the nudity at the resorts, but none of them are nudists today.

I also noticed that teenage girls often want to wear swimsuits at C/O resorts and are often the only clothed people in the pools. Part of it must come form the clothing and fashion culture that is such a big part of the lives of teenage girls at school and with their friends. Part of it is the anti-sex, anti-body training that they receive in churches, schools, and youth groups. Sexual feelings and the attention of boys and men ("yuck") is unwelcome at that age.

I used to spend time at a C/O hot spring resort in Colorado. It was common for everyone to get naked around the pools, but most would be dressed around the rest of the grounds. A few of us die hard nudists would go around nude all over, but often I would be the only naked person in the kitchen or community areas.

Blessings
                              Bob

Comment

while i have no story of being nude around my dad or brother except when younger and taking a shower. i grew up in a textile world where nudity was shameful. if you didn't experiment on your own and find out how relaxing it could be you'd never know! i do admire the dads and sons and entire families that enjoy this lifestyle together. having one daughter and not raising her to be a nudist and not enjoying being nude myself earlier to show her the innocent aspects of being nude is sometimes regretable now. although she and my wife know of my nude lifestyle they know they are welcomed to join in anytime!

Comment

Working...
                                X