X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fathers & Sons Sharing Nude Recreation

In a conversation I had with a guy at a naturist club today he mentioned that he and his wife encouraged the naturist life style at home. When raising their son and daughter he said they seldom wore clothing at home and often he and his wife had clothing optional pool parties. He mentioned his daughter lost interest during her teen years but his son continuted to join he and his wife for the nude swims. This got me thinking. I also noticed on a few occasions when I visit naturist landed clubs that the boys stay naked once they finish skinny dipping while the girls usually don't. It's probably a good guess that males are more comfortable with nudity than females. I was wondering do any of you Dads out there enjoy nude recreation with your sons? If so what do you usually do (volley ball, basketball etc.) and up until what age did your son share this experience with you. I think it's a great bonding experience for a father and son and I was wondering if any of you share this outside of the realm of a club. It would be great if mothers and daugthers did the same as well but from my observations this appears to be more of a guy thing.

SD

My son (all of thirtysomething) and I still see each other at the club and its a race to the volleyball court, although in my case its a brisk walk rather than a run.

My daughter (we will not mention ages here) and I still see each other at the club as well but her idea of a active day is turning every 15 minutes to avoid burning.

Neither one ever stopped going to the club or being nude around the house growing up. Both are raising their kids as nudists so they are still nude around the house whenever they visit.

Comment

I have in my experience to be just the opposite. When I have been at clubs I have seen more teen guys covering up after swimming etc then teen girls. I have also seen this at nude beaces. I think it has more to to with teen males being uncomfortable with the puberty thing and the fact that girls mature faster both physically.......and in this case mentally.

Comment

I only have daughters but do have a grandson that loves to be naked. I hope I'll be able to hang out with him as he grows up and go out on the boat and do some nude fishing, etc.

Hope it spills over onto our daughters, their husbands and all our grandkids.

Comment

My personal experience was at the YMCA skinnydipping with my father during the father son swims, I don't think they do that anymore. At the time I didn't care if I was naked as I found a love of swimming without a suit. As for at home I was loath to remove my shirt as I was a fat kid and had a really horrid self body image. Now I could care less if if someone sees me. But I can relate to keeping covered as a teen.

Comment

I am the father of 2 sons. All of my kids have been raised in a nudist home and pretty much remain nude at home. They will frequent the club with us when they "have nothing better to do!". As far as what we do nude-pretty much what any family does on a regular basis-just naked

Comment

My dad is in his 70s and he still goes to nude beaches with me. Not A big deal as we were brought up nudists.

Comment

To the fathers and sons out there:
                I bet there's nothing equal in this lifetime to that of father/son bonding around something so profound and natural as being nude --letting go of layers of shame (or better yet, discouraging layers to form). As a 30-something naturist, I was NEVER nude around my father (or any family member; instead confined to my bedroom behind closed door), and never will be--can't even imagine it. God knows what'll happen if I ever have to take care of him.
                And myself being childless, I almost constantly feel pangs of how fuller my life would be had I a son.
                No question we'd live in an atmosphere of openness and freedom around the emotions and the body. So much pain in my life could have been avoided if only I'd grown up in a nudist household, one with emotional support in addition to body freedom. Now I'm catching up.
                So, to those raising sons (and daughters) in emotionally-healthy clothes-free households--my kudos go out to you. To us raised on the "outside," you have it really, really good.

~a now-happy (working on it, anyway) nudist childless 30-something in NH

Comment

Born naked said it very well. I definitely understand what it's like to grow up in a household where the idea of such openness around the family isn't really imaginable.

Oh well...good thing for growing up, and for the ability to overcome!

Cheers,
                  UW

Comment

In my country at least the Lutheran church organizes father and son camps where all join naked sauna and swimming. In family nakedness is local habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauna:
                      In my country at least the Lutheran church organizes father and son camps where all join naked sauna and swimming. In family nakedness is local habit.
                      However I doubt the acceptance of nudity in whole family camps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kari P:
                        quote:
                        However I doubt the acceptance of nudity in whole family camps.

You are right with whole family camps, but to be careful I did not mention them.

Comment

jASON lEE: We live in Scottsdale AZ so we frequently visit Shangra La resort located in New River

Comment

Sounds really wonderful!

Comment

I can only dream about family swims, etc. I long for the opportunity to experience something in the USA that even approaches what is featured on the Enature videos. Almost all naturist experiences I've had and continue to have in the Northeast USA have been/are populated by people in their 40s and older. Where is the youthful energy and participation found in European countries? Does it exist in other parts of the US?

Comment

Working...
                              X