Clothing optional apartment complex.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richinoregon:
    I understand that there used to be one in Texas somewhere, I don't know any more details that that. Maybe someone has more info.
    Veal Johnson has this info on His Yahoo 360 Profile, "... In 1983, as result of being recommended by Lee Baxandall, Veal joined a California investment group to spearhead the opening of a 270-unit nudist apartment complex in Houston. He appeared on radio, TV and before Houstonís City Council to explain the concept of the nudist apartment complex. ..." and "... We were unsuccessful in filling the 270 unit complex in the time allowed by the investors (6 months) and so it reverted to a standard apartment complex in 1984. ..."

Also, on Michael Bluejay's web page, he says, "... I lived in Austin's clothing-optional apartment complex (New Manor Apartments and then Cameron Hills Apartments) right after I started attending UT Austin. (The complex was later sold and is no longer clothing-optional.) I started the first clothing-optional student organization at the University of Texas about the same time, and briefly published a national newsletter called NAVEL (Naturists Advocating Vegetarian & Environmental Lifestyles). ..."

Take Care & Live Life Bare,
    David

Comment

I heard that if you remember the '70's...you weren't really there!
      Yup, an old hippie joke.
      (I guess MJ was never a long-haired, pot-smokin' hippie.)

Comment

I once saw a TV news clip about New Manor. The manager said something to the effect that other people think it's all orgies, all the time, which of course it isn't.

And one resident, asked about the advantages, said "We can get a pizza delivered here faster than anyplace else in town."

Comment

Originally posted by windowphobe:
          And one resident, asked about the advantages, said "We can get a pizza delivered here faster than anyplace else in town."
          LOL. That is too funny. Sounds like a relaxing place to live. Too bad that it didn't stay clothing optional.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNorm:
            quote:
            I heard that if you remember the '70's...you weren't really there!
            Yup, an old hippie joke.
            (I guess MJ was never a long-haired, pot-smokin' hippie.)

No. I spent the mid 70's undergoing radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, so you can bet that I remember it. Not in a good way either.

Comment

I remember that about 10 years ago, I saw big ads for such a complex at Brossard near Montreal. The ads were along the highway in Brossard. There was the drawing of a naked woman on the ad. The ad was on a big pannel in wood.I did not hear about this project since then. But the ad was there for a year or two.

I know that some people in France live 8 months out of 12 in a naturist campings. I do not know where they live in winter. Probably with their family or friends.

Anyway, it seems that naturism is far more popular in Europe than in North America even if even there, a lot of people are not open to it.

As a gay man I can tell you that nudism is quite popular among gays.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric6420:
                I remember that about 10 years ago, I saw big ads for such a complex at Brossard near Montreal. The ads were along the highway in Brossard. There was the drawing of a naked woman on the ad. The ad was on a big pannel in wood.I did not hear about this project since then. But the ad was there for a year or two.
                The project apparently didn't make it into the English language press, since I just tried a Google search for "nudist apartment Brossard" and "naturist apartment Brossard" and got no links.

Although, on the Federation of Canadian Naturists web site, there is a reference to several Naturist Apartment Complexes in Spain.

Take Care & Stay Bare,
                David

Comment

I know that some people in France live 8 months out of 12 in a naturist campings. I do not know where they live in winter. Probably with their family or friends.

Anyway, it seems that naturism is far more popular in Europe than in North America even if even there, a lot of people are not open to it.

There are condominium complexes in nudist parks in Florida, USA. Paradise Lakes and Caliente both have different levels of housing available for year-round use.

Cypress Cove has hundreds of permanent residents, but nearly all of the permanent housing is manufactured housing (mobile homes, "double wides", etc.) There are many residential developments immediately outside of Cypress Cove, with all levels of housing available. Many CC members have homes away from the park, for a variety of reasons.

Comment

Try

http://www.its-natural.net

sun lover

Comment

I have heard of apartment complexes thst are nude permitted in the communal hot tub, but clothing require in the environs of the rest of the apartment complex.

Comment

It strikes me that apartment complexes might be a good place for nudists to explore gradually expanding clothes-free possibilities. In condos there is probably an owners association where options and modalities could be discussed. In rental complexes, there might be a chance to talk to neighbors and the manager. Maybe a rooftop suntanning garden or, if there's a pool, c/o hours.

Alas, I do remember the '70s and lived in a small 12-unit near San Francisco where people knew each other -- I just asked around and nobody seemed to mind if me and my girlfriend were at the pool or in our small lawn space au natural. Of course we had the advantage of a liberal era and a label of "those Europeans".

Still, just thinking that people might be in the mood these days for a little more tolerance and it might not be as daunting as one worries to raise the subject in a friendly way among people who probably already know you as an ok person. At worst, people would meet a naturist and have a chance to learn about naturist family values and principles of interpersonal and gender respect.

Comment

Why do you think that is? I have had a couple of gay friends and none were too inclined...

Comment

Originally posted by R.M.GREENMAN2:
                            quote:

Why do you think that is? I have had a couple of gay friends and none were too inclined...

Interesting question. I will give you a few references.

Here in Quebec, there are 5 gay campings. Two of thoses are fully clothing optional and two others have a naturist section.

That means than in Quebec, you can practice naturism in 80% of gay campings, but only in less than 1% of the straight ones. That is a huge difference.

Also, if you look at some gay magazines such as Outlook in Canada, there are plenty of ads for nude recreation (clothing optional resorts in Palm Springs, Key West, Fort Lauderdale...).

We have the Gay Pride in Toroto where quite a number of men in the parade are completly nude or close to it.

In France, naturists beaches are quite popular with gays.

Most of the gay resorts I know of are clothing optional. Nudity seems to me a part of gay culture.

Comment

There was an attempt to do this back in the day when i lived in Houston, TX...

But the funding fell through, i believe...

Would have been cool to live there...

The radio advertising is how i became aware of the AANR, and "organized" nudity...

(Daniel)

Comment

There is or was an apartment complex just off the I-15 highway in north Las Vegas that catered to alternative lifestyles and I believe at least allowed nudity around the swimming pool. The apartment building was visible from the road and featured a large rainbow painted on the side of the building, I suppose to signify it alternative lifestyle friendliness.

If I recall correctly, non-residents could even pay a day fee and use the pool.

I apologize for not having more details, but I am no longer in that area and this apartment complex may have closed or converted to another status.

Ah, it is apparently a "resort" rather than a long-term residence apartment complex.
                                Blue Moon Resort

Comment

Working...
                                X