X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nude as the snow falls.

I am posting this here and in my blog page.
    Friday night ... well actually Saturday morning around 3AM I had just finished up with some work and was ready to turn in. We got a dusting of snow in central Indiana Saturday and at 3am it was already falling. I had finished my shower and was (of course) nude and I decided to step out onto the back porch. I had never been in the snow nude before. My backyard is far from secluded but at 3am I was probably the only person up for miles so I figured I wasn't going to be spotted. I stood out on my back patio for a few minutes as the snow fell against my bare skin in the soft glow that happens when ground light reflects off of the snow laden clouds at night. It was an amazing feeling. I can't describe how peaceful it was. I didn't even feel cold and I was out there for a few minutes completely nude in the below freezing temperature. The only part of me that felt even remotely cold was my backside but that is because I sad on the step for a minute so I was sitting in the snow bare. It was really nice. I hope I can try it during the daytime someday perhaps even make a nude snow angel.

Re: Nude as the snow falls.

works for me....more the feeling than the temp....but I prefer mid 80's...regards..jlb

Comment

Flurries in the air in Massachusetts this morning! 24 degrees in my area! Brrrrrrr! I do like a little of all 4 seasons, but Winter could be shorter and summer (the best naked weather in my humble opinion!) could be longer! It has been a great nude weekend here (after a long, chaotic week). Inside or outside, it's great to be naked!

Hope everybody is keeping warm (in the cold spots) and enjoying sun (in the warm spots) - nakedly of course!

Comment

Snow fell here in N. Ill. as well. Said 4-6 in Chicago and 6-8 here. Well we maybe got 4 and when it warmed we lost some.
        Out yesterday blowing drive, nude, well boots on. Last night walk dog in snow nude.
        Nasty cold today was out nude with the dog just for a short while. Dog loves to run and play in the snow.

Outside nude knows no season. I ride my scooter year round. Others who claim to be bikers but put their bikes in storage for the winter are not true bikers in my opinion.

Comment

It snowed here a few days before Thanksgiving and it has been continuing off and on. We broke the all time record for snow in November something like 2 feet I can't remember for sure but we damn sure broke it. I have shoveled snow in the nude on my back deck and sidewalk. If the temp is at least in the twenties it isn't bad as long as you keep moving. I've done the nude snow angel thing after a good soak in the hot tub it is fun feels like you are just going to melt right through the snow at first.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NudeAl; 12-05-2010, 10:18 AM. Reason: added pic

Comment

We had 1/2 inch here around Charlottesville, Va.

I've hiked naked in the snow and done snow angels. It's comfortable long as the wind isn't blowing and particularly if the sun is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Biker View Post
              Snow fell here in N. Ill. as well. Said 4-6 in Chicago and 6-8 here. Well we maybe got 4 and when it warmed we lost some.
              Out yesterday blowing drive, nude, well boots on. Last night walk dog in snow nude.
              Nasty cold today was out nude with the dog just for a short while. Dog loves to run and play in the snow.

Outside nude knows no season. I ride my scooter year round. Others who claim to be bikers but put their bikes in storage for the winter are not true bikers in my opinion.
              I ride year around as long the weather is clear. I don't ride in the rain or on icy roads, no need to. I have an '02 FXDL I bought to enjoy, and since I'm retired there is nothing better to do on the road!

Comment

I also have a large, enclosed garden, mostly lawned, and which is presently about 16 inches deep in soft, virgin snow. I'm told that many Scandinavians run out of their saunas after 15-minutes cooking time and roll about naked in the snow at this time of year to "improve circulation". They must have strong constitutions to do that! I love my sauna, but the only thing I want to do when I get out of it is take a warm, soapy shower and then laze around in front of my log fire for half an hour in a dressing gown and sip freshly-squeezed orange juice. The thought of stepping outside in sub-zero temperatures naked in anything less than arctic clothing, hats and boots just does not compute for me.

Each to their own, I guess.

Stu

Comment

Thanks, Stu! You made me laugh.

Oh, you have that much of snow in southern Sweden. I don't know how thick the real snow covering is here in central Finland because at the moment I am in town, and of course all snow is plowed to heaps. The Finnish Meteorological Institute says it is between 10 - 25 cm (2 - 5 in) which is less than in Helsinki now.

When the year is changing, I will be at my cottage and there I plan to do that rolling in snow thing. Or at least I dash naked from the sauna to run a little on the yard.

Comment

Stu, we generally enjoy your playful provocations of those posting on this forum, but we do wonder what it is about the website that keeps you coming back. At last count you were just shy of 2,500 posts. Don't think most naturists here are anywhere near that number. Please feel free to reply and increase the number of posts you have. (like we could stop you anyway)

Comment

I went for a jog in the snow the other night, which was very refreshing. We didn't have enough for a proper snow angel though, so I'll have to wait on that one.

Last year was the best, we had two feet of the stuff, so one night I ran through my backyard nude. I got pretty far off my property (we have woods around our house) but I didn't want to risk getting seen or hypothermia for that matter!

Comment

There is a large population of people with Finnish heritage in Michign's Upper Peninsula, and the sauna is a feature at many homes. Even non-nudists use it while nude and it is common to heat up and dive into the usually ample snow. It the warmer months, the dive would normally be into the lake. The real or traditional sauna is a separate building and the stove is wood fired. Once the dirt has been sweat out of the pores, the walk back to the house is often done nude as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu2630 View Post
                          . . . I love my sauna, but the only thing I want to do when I get out of it is take a warm, soapy shower and then laze around in front of my log fire for half an hour in a dressing gown . . .

Stu
                          Just curious, Stu, I'm guessing you don't take your sauna nude? At least a tightly knotted towel, hmmm? I'm told that nudity is de rigueur in the sauna in Finland, but maybe not in Sweden. Perhaps you are familiar with Garrison Keillor's hilarious "The Finn who would not take a sauna"? http://www.coloradofinns.com/Finnwhowouldnotsauna.htm. Good thing you are a Swede or you'd not have caught the buxom lass!

- gn225

Comment

I was outside for a smoke this morning after my shower nude, temp is plus 12 F. I do this quite often in winter but not for any length of time .

Comment

I had to shovel a TON of snow (at least a ton) -- my back deck, a path to the hot tub, my front step -- and because the snow had drifted beyond the height of my snowblower, I had to work that over every area of the driveway three times. Total snowfall here - around 20 inches.

But after I was done -- I drifted right into the hot tub -- outdoors -- and didn't want to get out. Now for a restful night's sleep - I'm gonna catch seven hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X