Looking for a vintage nude photo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a vintage nude photo

Some time ago I saw a vintage nude photo posted on this sight taken at a YMCA years ago where the boys were all nude standing behind a group of girls who had their swim suits on. I have spoken to several people about seeing it, but they do not believe that it actually happened or is real. If someone knows this photo, I would appreciate you posting it again so that I can provide evidence that it actually exists. It must be from the 50's or so when it was still OK to swim nude in mixed company at the Y.

Re: Looking for a vintage nude photo

There are quite a few photos of mixed gender nude swim meets from European FKK related events. I am not aware of any from YMCA's. Back then Y's were strictly male only, and while nude swimming did indeed happen, it was an all male event.

Comment

Thanks, Mark. I guess I just made the assumption that it was a YMCA. Do you know where I can find some of the ones you are speaking about that have been posted here? I have looked under the vintage "Photos of Freedom" section but did not find it.

Comment

Try a yahoo group by the name of YMCA Naked

Comment

Quote by "G I Joe"
          Some time ago I saw a vintage nude photo posted on this sight taken at a YMCA years ago where the boys were all nude standing behind a group of girls who had their swim suits on.

G I Joe,

Most all "Yahoo Groups" Adult YMCA related pages and media have become corrupt with explicit, and fake mixed gender nude sporting image albums, along with a few valid European naturist/nudist Association mixed gender nude male sporting events.

Many of those fake images found there way to CFF Threads dating to 2003 or before.

The oldest YMCA Yahoo Group mentioned by "threadbare" founded Aug. 21st, 2000, has 22,135 members, rated "Adult" use to have only Old and Vintage YMCA image albums of males nude members, mostly swimming, showering, old facilities and outings. [NOT ANY MORE] This Yahoo YMCA site has been un-maintained, moderated, or accepted/approved submissions since June of 2009 and now is considered in-active and very corrupted.

The image you reference in Post #1 is most likely a fake, not identified, and you assumed it was from a U.S. YMCA facility.

It could be from European naturist/nudist organization in which mixed gender participation, and spectators is common and expected in sporting events with nude males.

Unless valid mixed gender images with nude male participants at athletic or sporting event are identified by URL as valid Naturist/nudist events, I would highly suspect they are phony, fake or planted.

Valid Naturist Organization mixed gender URL/Links from Europe:

http://www.naturismo.org/adn/ediciones/25y/5e.html

http://www.naturismo.org/adn/videos/index.html

http://www.naturismo.org/adn/indexe.html

http://www.naturismo.org/adn/videos/gijon_a3.html

http://www.naturismo.org/adn/videos/gijon_t5.html

http://www.naturismo.org/adn/videos/cuevas_canalsur.html

http://www.naturismo.org/inf.html
          Last edited by NakedGary; 01-05-2011, 10:50 PM. Reason: added "s" on word, Video Links

Comment

Thank you so much for this info NakedGary. I only remember seeing this particular photo once posted on this forum a year or so ago. It did not look fake but, of course, these days it is easy to photoshop anything into looking real. I just thought it was an
            interesting photo (unlike any one I have ever seen in that setting) where both sexes appeared comfortable in that particular situation. It did look like some kind of a swim meet had taken place.

Comment

To respond directly to the topic heading, here's link to vintage photo of swimming at the Olneyville Boys' Club:
              http://www.metmuseum.org/works_of_ar...&OID=190017141
              The link is to the Metropolitan Museum of Art's site; the photo was printed in LIFE magazine; and under CFI's old payment processor, I would have been in violation of the rules for posting the link, since the boys are nude. As printed in LIFE, a text box overlaid the spectators - the Met's photo shows that they are all male.

However, a 1948 Olympic swimmer, Clara Lamore Walker, had trained at the Olneyville Boys' club pool for 10 years, which covers the photo date, so there were clearly women using the pool on the same days, if not the same hours, as the boys.

Regarding meets, the novel "Bucky Forrester" (http://www.amazon.com/Bucky-Forreste.../dp/9999538096) is set in a Boys' Club with which the author had a close association, and while they're in swimsuits on the cover, in the text they repeatedly get undressed and take soapy showers before going to the pool. There is a swim meet at the Boys' Club where the winner is congratulated by the president of the Chamber of Commerce as he climbs dripping from the pool. But, for a meet at "Central High School" Bucky digs out his swimsuit.

Photo editing software has now reached the level that photos can no longer be considered proof of anything.

I have run across accounts of swim meets where some swam nude and others in suits. But never a contemporary account of nude swimmers and women spectators.

More and more things are available on the Internet, but there's nothing like libraries. The archives of the YMCA National Council are at the University of Minnesota; there is an extensive Boys' Club records collection at some library or university in Boston. And there is also the YWCA: not the same organization at all as the YMCA. In a community without an "M", children of both sexes may well have learned to swim at the W. And there, lady instructors would be more common.

In short: I have no proof one way or the other, but you could look it up. And you now have one certified unretouched vintage photo...

- Caipora

Comment

Quote by "G I Joe" Thread initiator and first post
                Some time ago I saw a vintage nude photo posted on this sight taken at a YMCA years ago where the boys were all nude standing behind a group of girls who had their swim suits on.
                If someone knows this photo, I would appreciate you posting it again so that I can provide evidence that it actually exists. It must be from the 50's or so when it was still OK to swim nude in mixed company at the Y.
                Quotes by Caipora
                I have run across accounts of swim meets where some swam nude and others in suits. But never a contemporary account of nude swimmers and women spectators.
                "Caipora"

Thanks for the links to vintage photo's from the Olneyville Boys' club pool showing nude boys swimming.

As per thread/post #1 initiated by "G I Joe"; He was trying to find a mixed gender image posted to this CFF Forum some time ago, that he assumed was taken at a U.S. YMCA facility.

As it turns out most of those mixed gender images posted to CFF were fake planted images with the exception of those stills [and Video's] by ADN & INF naturist organization in Spain as identified in the URL/Links on post #5 of this thread.

I highly doubt an international naturist organization and association would post fake mixed gender nude images of swim meets with mixed gender spectators and families present.

European mixed gender nude images with mixed spectators and families at sports, and swimming events is normal, expected, and nothing unusual.

The fake previously posted mixed gender nude images should not be referenced or re-posted on CFF Forums unless the source and location can be verified as genuine and un-retouched.
                Last edited by NakedGary; 01-08-2011, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by G I Joe View Post
                  Some time ago I saw a vintage nude photo posted on this sight taken at a YMCA years ago where the boys were all nude standing behind a group of girls who had their swim suits on. I have spoken to several people about seeing it, but they do not believe that it actually happened or is real. If someone knows this photo, I would appreciate you posting it again so that I can provide evidence that it actually exists. It must be from the 50's or so when it was still OK to swim nude in mixed company at the Y.
                  Gi Joe
                  Try the CFI Photo Galleries. Vintage/Color - page 18, and Miscellaneous - page 73.

Comment

Working...
                  X