"Way of Life Nudist" vs "Hobby Nudist"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Way of Life Nudist" vs "Hobby Nudist"

I would say it's a way of life for me. That's not to say I'm a huge advocate, and put it out there for all to see. I am nude at home virtually all the time. I go to beaches and resorts when possible. My wife is more of a home only nudist, but will go nude with me when we're in an isolated place. I'm lucky enough to do most of my work at home, so I'm able to be nude more than most. There are times when I need to cover up, but mostly that's due to temperature. Thankfully winters are pretty mild down here in Texas.
    Barefoot-n-Nude in Texas!

Comment

I'd have to say I'm stuck in the middle–in philosophy, I'm a way-of-life nudist, but in practice, I'm only a hobbyist. This is because of the limited number of opportunities for me to be nude, though I take advantage of every single one! Nudity is an important part of my life, but I just don't get the chance to live that way since I'm still a student. When it comes down to it though, a nudist is a nudist is a nudist!

Comment

I am a "way of life" naturist in the sense that Im nude as much as I can and dont see the need to wear clothes for most activities inside the house.
        Ive been that way for about 35 years now. However, Im the only nudist at home. My wife is not, and neither are my kids, even though the boys especially, grew up seeing me naked doing the daily activities of life, including reading bedtime stories to them. That being said, I dont have anyone to share my nudity, or to accompany me to a nudist resort.
        Ive been to soe in my country, and to nude beaches on rare occassions. Now in the United States, most resorts dont admit men only. Doing some research in these pages, I found one not far away from home (about 2 hour ride) that accepted men without the requirement of being accoompanied by a woman. However, reading posts about that resort and visitors comment, I found that, even among the nudist, there is sort of a bad idea about men going by themselves, without any female. Most of the woman who posted said they dont want to engage in conversation with single men, and the husbands or siginficant others who saw single men talking to their wives, immediately approached to see if everything was ok.
        After reading that, I desisted, since I dont want to be in a place where Im going to be seen as a rapist, ogler, gawker, swinger. I just want the relaxatio to enjoy nudity with pieople of like minds.
        Any comment?

Comment

I'd have to say way of life. Given that I do a lot from home, by the time I leave the house Friday, I will have been nude about 60 of 64 hours. To me that's way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by 78828892 View Post
            Doing some research in these pages, I found one not far away from home (about 2 hour ride) that accepted men without the requirement of being accoompanied by a woman. Any comment?
            Excellent. Go and visit and enjoy yourself and let us know how it goes. Ignore the rest.

Comment

Hey all, this topic was covered in the first part of the Naturist Living show's latest episode. Though I don't like bringing philosophy into something as enjoyable as naturism (somethings thinking too much ruins the fun of things!), I thought he brought up a lot of interesting points, but go ahead and listen for yourself if you haven't already!

http://feeds.bareoaks.ca/NaturistLivingShow

Comment

I'm also one of those that would be a "Way of Life" if possible but just don't have that oppurtunity with no resorts or places to go on a regular basis. We have been looking for land for years but unable to find enough land to be private. Kids are used to our nudity and usually join while inside or back deck near hot-tub but yard is not private.
                Maybe some day
                Maxx

Comment

I thought sure I had replied to this thread before .... Anyhow ...

I'd be a "way of life" nudist in a heartbeat: except for 1) family and 2) employer. They both give me anxiety about coming out as a person who loves being naked most of the time, generally ... and likes to be naked in the company of other people who are just as glad to get naked, whatever the situation. But anyhow: I'm at home (right now); I'm naked (right now); but I don't feel that it's as (ahem) "safe" to be as open with everyone that I know about how imporatant it is to me to be, well, just plain comfortable as I am without clothes ...

So here's where I come down: "Under most circumstances, I'm a Way of Life Nudist. -- I'm just not as public about it as I'd really like to be ...

How's that?

Comment

Originally posted by 78828892 View Post
                    ... the husbands or siginficant others who saw single men talking to their wives, immediately approached to see if everything was ok.
                    After reading that, I desisted, since I don't want to be in a place where I'm going to be seen as a ...
                    The only effective way to counter this perception is to go and be the person you want the women, men and couples to perceive! Remember, if you are not part of the problem, you're part of the solution.

I have no problem with men speaking to my wife while at the resort, and my wife has commented about FINALLY being stared eye-to-eye by some gentlemen with whom she spoke for the first time in her life (while at the resort). So, maybe the issue is not at our resorts, but mainly occuring everywhere else in society and our women are simply carrying a lot of emotional baggage from their poor treatment on the outside.

Comment

Put us down with NudeAl who said, "I consider myself a way of life nudist. My wife and I are nude at home all the time we both sleep nude do household chores nude and I garden nude in my private backyard. We also belong to both a national nudist organization, AANR . . ."

We're definitely "way of life" nudists. We prefer being nude and wouldn't have it any other way. We've been on two nude cruises, and are so spoiled we refuse to go on any other kind.

Comment

Working...
                      X