Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talking to a nudist...who doesn't go nude that much.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These past comments got me thinking these "Nude Cruises" are filled with people who will go nude only after enough alcohol is onboard and only for skinny dipping or some theme dance but not really into being naked all the time or at any opportunity. I'M OUT!

Comment

Yes, nude at the pool only. We heard the dance attire was referred to by some as "slutwear" We will not do the cruise again.

Comment

I tend to agree with FireProf on this issue. My wife and I belong to a nudist resort vs. a clothing-optional resort. Weather permitting, most everyone is nude. Occasionally, a female with wear a bottom when nature dictates. When we have gone to a clothing-optional resort we are sometimes not comfortable. I am a nudist, not an exhibitionist; I do not feel comfortable amongst clothed people when I am naked. My wife does not feel at easy around clothed people fearing that they are just objectifying her. On occasion at the clothing-optional resort that we sometime visit I have noticed some visitors, mostly men, who come in and walk around clothed and wearing sunglasses coyly viewing the nudist. That is just creepy and I wish that the management would proactively police it but the management's attitude is that they are too busy, they need the money from the entrance fees, etc. so it is often up to the nudist there to broach the subject with the clothed visitors and the habitually clothed members. My preference is to patronize a nudist resort and only go to a clothing-optional resort for a specific purpose such as a 5K, a music festive, bull roast, etc. When they take the nude out of nudist what's the purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by Biker View Post
          Yes, nude at the pool only. We heard the dance attire was referred to by some as "slutwear" We will not do the cruise again.
          Yeah. I call it "hedo-nudism." Nude when necessary but otherwise scantily clad.

I must admit I've never had any interest in that either.

To me this "style" of nudism emphasizes the philosophical difference between "naked...but only to {fill in the blank}" vs. "naked as much as possible...covered only when necessary." A philosophical difference that becomes an issue when the two intersect...or in some circumstances: clash.

I think there is room for the two...but the two don't necessarily go well together.
          Last edited by NudonyII; 02-15-2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I think if we know that the "naked .... but only to ..." crowd is present, before we visit a nude or clothing optional place, we can make a decision on whether or not we want to go ahead and go anyway or stay home. Many times all you have to do is look at the event calendar and you can pretty much tell if you'll want to partake or take your hesitant wife/SO to that function. Pimps and Ho's dances, Leather and Lace, Sexy ..., they all kinda give you an idea of an element that may be visiting that may not suit your personal preferences, or you wife's.

​Reading more about these large Nude Cruises, we'll probably pass and look for much smaller and intimate cruises.

Comment

Working...
            X

Fatal error: Uncaught Database error in vBulletin 5.2.0: Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */REPLACE INTO cacheevent (cacheid, event) values ('getSearchResults_7d51745f08bb5decaef1ebb423fa72fa','perms_changed'), ('getSearchResults_7d51745f08bb5decaef1ebb423fa72fa','vB_ChannelStructure_chg'), ('getSearchResults_7d51745f08bb5decaef1ebb423fa72fa','vB_SearchResults_chg_0'), ('getSearchResults_7d51745f08bb5decaef1ebb423fa72fa','nodeChg_548730'), ('vBAtchmnts_548753','nodeChg_548753'), ('vBAtchmnts_548755','nodeChg_548755'), ('vBAtchmnts_548757','nodeChg_548757'), ('vBAtchmnts_548764','nodeChg_548764'), ('vBAtchmnts_548795','nodeChg_548795'), ('node_548753_lvl3data','nodeChg_548753'), ('node_548755_lvl3data','nodeChg_548755'), ('node_548757_lvl3data','nodeChg_548757'), ('node_548764_lvl3data','nodeChg_548764'), ('node_548795_lvl3data','nodeChg_548795'), ('node_548753_lvl1data','nodeChg_548753'), ('node_548755_lvl1data','nodeChg_548755'), ('node_548757_lvl1data','nodeChg_548757'), ('node_548795_lvl1data','nodeChg_548795'), in /home/clothes/public_html/core/vb/database.php on line 1255