Nude backpacking or hiking and camping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nude backpacking or hiking and camping

I love the outdoors especially the wilderness. I also love to do this naked and I was wondering how many others share this with me. I Also subscribe to Backpacker magazine and in their current issue they have a photo of the editors and a guest nude in Alaska,rear end shot.

I belong to a group in SoCal the calls itself the Camping Bares of San Diego. They do camp outs once in a while but most of them would rather car camp than get out and really hike.

Does anyone know of a group that does this on a regular basis as a group or organization?

I share your enthusiasm for being nude in the wilderness. I like to hike, backpack and canoe nude, ccmbining serious physical activity with the wonderful feeling of being naked in nature.

Two of us are planning a July canuding trip in Algonquin Park in central Ontario. This is a huge wilderness park with many canoe routes. As almost all of them involve multiple portages, the trip will be pretty strenuous. Nudity is fairly common in Algonquin. It's quite possible to do a trip of a week or more and stay nude the whole time (subject to temperature and bugs).

I would like to join, or even organize, a group of likeminded people to do a couple of nude trips annually. I have several trips in mind already. If I do get something going, I will post here.

Gary

Comment

Thanks Gary I knew I wasn't the only one. Trying to get some of my friends out here on the west(left?) coast to try it. I have posted on the backpackedr sight and gotten mixed reveiws so far, a lot of preconceived ideas about us out there.

Comment

I'm lucky to live near a wilderness area where it's possible to hike and camp nude, provided you do so discreetly. I have to say that I much prefer the day hikes I've taken nude to those where it was necessary to remain clothed. It seems, oddly perhaps, that insect bites weren't nearly so much of a problem if they didn't have clothes to hide under. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Good luck and enjoy hiking.

Comment

I was searching around for nude backpacking opportunities, and I found a company that offers llama trekking in northern BC. He takes a maximum of four people at a time and actively encourages nudity, even for people who haven't tried it before. I believe that he sometimes goes nude himself if all of his cutomers do. His trips are a week long and he says that the group won't see any other people the whole time.

Gary

Comment

I enjoy nude camping and hiking. I usually go with 3 other guys. They aren't nudists but they go skinny dipping and don't mind me being naked. Last year we spent a week at Killarney Provincial Park and the weather permitted me to spend most of the time nude.I have been camping in the area for almost 20 years and every year I see other people enjoying the outdoors in the nude. We have also camped at Algonquin but that time we wore every stich of clothing we had to keep warm.

Comment

I also like to be nude outdoors. I frequently go day hiking in the mountains north of Los Angeles. I try to get out at least once a month and sometimes twice. I always hike nude. I assume you live in the San Diego area. I am interested in hiking some of the trails in the Cleveland National Forest. Perhaps we can coordinate and go day hiking together. Send me an e-mail when you may be available.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Lilwilly:
                I enjoy nude camping and hiking. I usually go with 3 other guys. They aren't nudists but they go skinny dipping and don't mind me being naked. Last year we spent a week at Killarney Provincial Park and the weather permitted me to spend most of the time nude.I have been camping in the area for almost 20 years and every year I see other people enjoying the outdoors in the nude. We have also camped at Algonquin but that time we wore every stich of clothing we had to keep warm.

Hello there:
                Just joined the ClothesFree group forum here so I thought I would just comment on your interesting note here about your guy camping. How does one start a group? I have always loved nudism and did some years ago up in UP Michigan where my folks had a summer place. It has been boring summers ever since the cottage was sold in 1968. We were on Lake Gulliver 12 miles from my hometown, Manistique, MI
                Is Algonquin in Michigan as I have not looked on a map lately. Since I now live in hot/cold Illinois in a small town running an antique shop, I cannot get away much besides having a church organist job. Hope that will all change soon when I sell and business and retire from church playing! Then I want to be a free nude spirit!!! Ha-ha!
                I only have family of a brother and a sister, both older and retired and much more set for finances for sure. Nice talking to you and would love to hear from you.
                David Nestander
                Altona, Illinois
                davosales@winco.net
                July 19, 2007

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Naked Bob 2:
                  ... Does anyone know of a group that does this on a regular basis as a group or organization?

I too have looked for groups in the Southern California area that are into nude hiking. With the exception of some gay groups in Palm Springs I don't think there are any.

There are a few opportunities in Southern California where you can safely and legally hike in the nude, however. The Deep Creek trail from Bowen Ranch can be hiked nude. I've done it many times and it is not uncommon to see nude hikers on that trail.

You can hike all over the place at De Anza Springs resort in the nude. I have done that as well and a couple months back there were two hikers who were going out cross-country for 5-6 hours at a time and using GPS to keep track of where they were. That's way too big a hike for me but these guys were in tremendously good shape.

You can hike up the hill from the South Side at Glen Eden but they have now posted NO NUDITY BEYOND THIS POINT signs on the north side trails. That's too bad because it was a nice loop trail. But civilization is encroaching on Glen Eden so they have wisely tightened up the hiking rules. But it is still a nice hike up to the top on the south side and you can get a good workout just walking the resort proper.

Also, if you want to hike in clothes at Glen Eden there is a group that hikes every Saturday and Sunday (7AM in the summer, 8AM in the winter). Seems silly to wear clothes for a Glen Eden hike but they go outside the gate and they start at the north end of the park that is now posted so they really have no choice. I go on this hike occasionally and it is a very friendly group.

So, Naked Bob, don't give up the hunt. There are a few of us on this forum that share your interest so there is a possibility of getting a group together ourselves.

Comment

nude hike

that sounds like fun, but i am too far from you guys. I hiked up and down Haulover this weekend, making two passes in the cold water to get my feet wet and trying to avoid the Man-o-war. That is the most "hiking" I have done in years!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hikingjim View Post
                      I also like to be nude outdoors. I frequently go day hiking in the mountains north of Los Angeles. I try to get out at least once a month and sometimes twice. I always hike nude. I assume you live in the San Diego area. I am interested in hiking some of the trails in the Cleveland National Forest. Perhaps we can coordinate and go day hiking together. Send me an e-mail when you may be available.
                      Hi there! I'm a new menber, and this topic really caught my eye. I too would love to go hiking and biking nude in the wilderness, but how would I go about doing it in as you put it "discritly"? Can anyone offer any recommendations?

Comment

Ah! The allure of being naked in the wilderness. Nothing like it. I've been hiking/camping naked for years and I never tire of the joy of being one with nature. There are few places I haven't tried hiking naked, whether in the Southwestern or Northeastern US. Camping is a little easier. Once you've established your camp if no one else comes by before sundown you've usually got the place to yourself. I also like to hike on weekdays when kids are in school and adults are working. Keep your ears tuned to any non-nature noises as these could be your first indication of unwanted company. Be discrete and willing to take your clothes off if it seems safe.

Cheers!

Dave

Comment

Triton

It is legal to free hike on U S Forest land. I was free hiking last year in the Stanislaus National Forest here in Central California and a female Ranger came by. She just smiled and said Hi. I have had other U S Forest Rangers tell me where the good skinny dipping spots were.

Have a good hike.

Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Garden View Post
                            Triton

It is legal to free hike on U S Forest land. I was free hiking last year in the Stanislaus National Forest here in Central California and a female Ranger came by. She just smiled and said Hi. I have had other U S Forest Rangers tell me where the good skinny dipping spots were.
                            I didn't though that. I'm also in Central Calif.
                            We have so many possible places to go. Would it be a good idea to first check in with the Ranger Station to see first though? You may of just run across one of the nice ones.
                            Weather has sure been nice the last few days in the South Bay.

Comment

Reply to thread - Nude backpacking or hiking and camping

http://nudehiker.blogspot.com/

Hiking, camping, Relaxing, and soaking in the Pacific Northwest
                              Last edited by NakedGary; 03-05-2008, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X