Answering the door nude

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kelly99
    I answer the door all the time nude, except I don't fling the door wide open. I simply "hide" behind the door. I feel that anybody who knocks on my door un-expectedly, then get to have the door answered by me who is not expecting anyone. I don't expose myself, but I don't hide the fact that I am not wearing any clothes. By doing that I have found that many sales people will not ask to come in and peddle their products or services; They simply pitch a quick demo, take their rejection and move on.
    I recently had my garbage disposal go out and had to have a plumber come and install a new one. When I made the appointment I made it clear to the plumber that I was a nudist and if that offended him, to let me know and I would be clothed. To my surprise the plumber chuckled and told me that he and his wife were nudists, too. Come to find out we had seen each other at Shangri La (Phoenix), but had never actually met. Now I have new friend and a repairman to call when I need something fixed.
    Kevin Cabrera
    P.S. I did answer the door nude when the plumber came to repair my disposal.

Comment

The Orkin guy who comes to spray my house each month has seen me nude and knows that I prefer the nude lifestyle. He caught me a couple of times. Then when we were moving into this house, I was painting the day he came to spray, and I NEVER wear clothes when I paint inside. So I just stayed that way while he sprayed and I painted. He is due tomorrow morning, and as I never dress until I leave the house, I guess I'll answer the door nude.....again!

I did ask him if it bothered him, and his response was that he wished he could work nude!!

Ed

Comment

I think before you decide to answer the door nude, you'd best be sure the person at the door is not a child. In Egal v. State of Florida, 469 So.2d 196 (Fla. 2d. DCA 1985) a conviction for committing a lewd and lascivious act in the presence of a female child under the age of 14 years was affirmed. Mr. Egal transacted a girl scout cookie purchase from a Brownie scout in that mode. The court affirmed 2-1.

Comment

quote:
          Mr. Egal transacted a girl scout cookie purchase from a Brownie scout
          That has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of.

What was he thinking? Unfortunately it probably really WAS lewd or he wouldn't have pulled a no brained stunt like that.

Comment

Mr. Egal should've had the book thown at him. He should have excused himself and dressed decent, especially around Girl Scouts. Just standing and making a purchase, nude all the while, is not appropriate. Even if he was a die-hard nudist, there are times that you just cannot practice it. He, in my mind, crossed the line.

Comment

My wife and I have never answered the door nude, but I work for a very large builder and run the warranty department, I have seen so many home owners nude or partialy nude, many are open about it and try to apoligize some say nothing at all, because of strict rules at work I am not aloud to discuss personal lives with my clients, but what I do say is, don't worry Ma'am/Sir this is your home and please feel free to remain comfortable. Most of them put on some type of cover or leave the room if I must remain in the home for an extended period of time. I have had offers to join them while working on their homes but I must decline, it is not profesional and my job is very important to me. Unfortunatly this is a law-suit happy world and the risk, even after working hours (with my wife at my side)would be a bad idea. We will remian nudists at home or with close friends in other places.

Comment

Egal vs State of Florida was not about nudity, but about the defendant having the child touch him.

Read the appelate court's decision at
                http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

If that addy is not right, go to Google and type in Egal vs State of Florida and click in the first option (view as html).

In my opinion, answering the door naked is risky. Unless you know who's on the other side, put something on.

Bob S.

Comment

Bob S., Your link led to another Florida criminal appeal, Farrell v. State, which involved the victim's touching the accused. Farrell cites Egal for the principle that a conviction can stand even without any physical contact. Mr Egal only answered the door nude and bought cookies (under a fake name), without touching the Brownie or himself or saying anything lewd.

Comment

I had a bit of a close call today. Near late morning while I happen to be surfin' this site, a knock came at my door.
                    As with most Sundays I didn't bother to get dressed until I had somewhere to go.
                    My daughters, becoming more independent all the time threw back the blind on the front door to see who was there. It was a teenage girl and she looked right into the house and probly saw me get up from the computer.
                    I told my daughter to close the blind and yelled at the door to hold on a second. I threw on a pair of sweatpants and went to the door. She was selling some candy for some youth outreach program. I told her money was tight and to come back during the week. She did look as if she had seen a ghost, but said nothing. Hopefully I am just being paranoid that she actually saw anything but yet again I have to explain to my daughters about answering the door when I am not dressed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah well, it helps to get the blood circulating getting a shock like that. You should have bought a few candy bars or whatever just to keep her happy though. Youth out reach program huh? As long as you weren't reaching out too!LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I can personaly relate to this, Iam nude almost all the time at home so some non nudist are going to get a surprise from time to time at the door, It's happenned to me maybe 3 or4 times. I tell everyone to call before comming down, then there are less surprises. I don't have a problem but they may have. I don't like surprises, but an unsuspecting visiter may, I guess thats the way it is. Don't come to my door without a warning, I have seen people comming to the door and thrown something on, I feel this is a compromise, but I do it if I get the chance.I like being nude at home so to bad for you, you have invaded my space you take what you get.

Comment

Working...
                        X