No announcement yet.

Topless Nude Preteen Girls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We have had clothed kids snatched off the street, out of their yards, and even out of their beds. A naked kid would be at greater risk."

Despite the media, this is an exceedingly rare occurrence, Gary. Only about 20% (maybe less) of the abuse of children involve strangers. Of the stranger abuse, most of that happens with the stranger gaining the trust of the child at a park or some other public place. I don't know the actual figures, but I would guess that maybe between 1-5% of all stranger abductions are from the child's home or property.
    -------------------------------------------------

Im sure the media is paid by our friendly neighborhood fashion industry to give such exaggerated facts to people because they figure most people are so guilable that they'll beleive anything and thus want to have the goverment make all these "protect the children" laws to protect them from having to do their jobs as parents and also so they can keep in business. I mean if we had naked kids running around, we'd have the fashion industry out of business so fast and all those stuck up slutty celebs would have to go get real jobs instead of marketing all their sexy textile clothing that does nothing but make gobs of money for them and harm our society. I mean imagine where all that money would go if all these idiotic celebs werent getting it? All these "protect the children" laws do is keep parents from having to do their jobs and watch their children. I mean thats all you gotta do is watch your kid and they can run around and be naked and not even have to worry about anything.

Comment

Yes cyndiann, that was in my city. The thing is that it was on a "residential" beach or a beach where many people own homes. They think that they also own the beach, but that has been proven otherwise (in another case by some old man) in a court of law that goes back to a treaty between Virginia and King George III making all beaches in Virginia public access.

"Im sure if you were a good parent and were watching your kid well that you wouldnt have to worry about anyone snatching him/her"

Mike, a parent cannot watch their child all the time. Abductions do happen even if a parents take their eyes off their child for sixty seconds. It is not about bad parenting, but about stealthful abductors. And remember, of all stranger abductions, most of them start out with the abductor acting friendly.

"Im sure the media is paid by our friendly neighborhood fashion industry to give such exaggerated facts to people because they figure most people are so guilable that they'll beleive anything"

OK, now you're just being paranoid, Mike. The thing is that the newsmedia focuses on the bad news more often than the good news. And when a child, especially a girl, is abducted, there is going to get media play. This happened to its extreme during the "summer of the abductions" last year. But notice that most of the abductions were not by total strangers.

Bob S.

Comment

By the time the police got to the beach I would imagine that the little girl was dressed. She was changing--not running around naked. Even if she had been running around naked--so what? What harm would it do? Would anyone other than Stu be tramatized by it? I saw a little girl once changing under a towel on the beach as I was walking to my car. I wasn't into social nudism at the time, but I just smiled and went on my way. I was tramatized or offended. I thought it was amusing, and I envied her innocence.

Comment

Young children tend to be trusting. Even if their parents have said, "Never go anywhere with a stranger", or "Never take candy from a stranger", a child can't resist candy, or that old ploy, "I lost my little puppy. would you help me find her?"

Of course, many abductions and molestations are done by people they know and have no reason not to trust. My first wife was raped twice as a teen by her step-dad. He should have been reported and jailed the first time.

Comment

This may be the original story, or at least a similar one:
            Topless 3-year-old makes waves at pool

-Mark

Comment

I remember reading an article somewhere about Margot and Mariel Hemmingway. Spent much of their early years in a small town in rural Idaho. They said that they and their girl friends went topless as often as the boys their age did up until they started to develop. Nobody of any age or either gender seemed to care; something about the local culture of that small town. Later in life they looked back with longing for those salad days.

And there was a novel, Carson McCullers was the author IIRC, about a girl growing up in the deep south. Something about not wearing a shirt and no problem with it until puberty set in and the boys started to notice.

Makes sense to me. Until puberty, girls' and boys' upper bodies look pretty much alike.

Comment

OK, now you're just being paranoid, Mike. The thing is that the newsmedia focuses on the bad news more often than the good news. And when a child, especially a girl, is abducted, there is going to get media play. This happened to its extreme during the "summer of the abductions" last year. But notice that most of the abductions were not by total strangers.

Bob S.
                ------------------------------------------------
                Okay, maybe I was a little bit over the top, but I just dont like the media alot because they DO distort things alot and sometimes they do make things more excessive than they really happened. I mean these newspeople areint always the good honest people you think they are just like anyone else who puts on an act like they are good and honest, mostly if they make lots of money, they seem to always have something to hide, some more than others. I also think that alot of times the media blames things on the kid for not doing this or that or for the person doing this or that and the parent always seems to be the innocent victim, I mean I know alot of parents are doing all they can and their kids still get abducted but im sure this is a small minority of people and the others just have parents who are lazy and not watchful of their children but then blame it on someone else when someone tries to put the finger on them, especially since these days the cps and other unscrupulous agencies can take your kids for whatever they damn well please, most parents try to play innocent so they can keep their kids and so those big bad agencies dont come after them. I dont usually beleive all this "oh me and my kid are innocent" crap unless ive read up on alot of the stuff thats been going on because ive heard one thing on tv and heard something totally differenty someplace else.

Comment

One quick question............How did child abduction/molestation get into this whole conversation. I mean the main question was is about weither topless/nude preteen girls are ok or not and I just think if every parent worried about their kid being abducted then they'd all still be wearing little dresses and acting all innocent, I mean cmon isnt worrying about all this a little bit paranoid? Its the same with terrorist people comin after you, everyone seems worried they are gonna be some place that a terrorist is gonna bomb and they worry so much about it that it just fuels the terrorist's power, I mean we oughta just go on with our lives and deal with this stuff when and IF it happens. Besides all these child abductions and such are a very small minority but the media makes it look like its much bigger.

Comment

By the time the police got to the beach I would imagine that the little girl was dressed. She was changing--not running around naked. Even if she had been running around naked--so what? What harm would it do? Would anyone other than Stu be tramatized by it? I saw a little girl once changing under a towel on the beach as I was walking to my car. I wasn't into social nudism at the time, but I just smiled and went on my way. I was tramatized or offended. I thought it was amusing, and I envied her innocence.
                    Id just do the ole denial bit. Id have her clothes on by the time the cops came and theyd see her with her clothes on, see no harm done, theyd go run off, shed be nude again and the complaining person would probably be gone and then the problem would be solved because the police would probably scare off the other person for wasting their time. I mean itd be my word against his and my kid would have their clothes on when the cop was there and thats all the cop would see and hed have no reason to think otherwise [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

P.S: Of course id never have this problem because I wouldnt take a kid anyplace where id have to worry about the cops because id take em to a nudist/co beach where he/she could be nude and wouldnt even have to have clothes. I couldnt go to a textile beach anyways cuz I HATE clothes and those people there are too prudish and rude half the time for my own good. Besides as another poster says theyre safer anyways so thats another plus.

Comment

Topless toddlers apparently can spark lust in adults who are sexually attracted to children

I read that article about the 3 year old topless girl that got in trouble with that quote in it and it just astounded me that someone would think like this and think that some guy would get turned on by a 3 year old. I mean honestly if some horny old guy is turned on by a 3 year old, id have HIM thrown out of the park, not the little girl. I mean to blame a mother for taking her child to a pool topless and letting the girl have a little bit of fun is just demeaning to me and she really shouldve taken more action against these bozos because thats just wrong to be giving her that much harassment over a little girl and honestly I dont think anyone oughta take their kids to that pool because those people who run it got mental issues and need to see a counselor.

Comment

Young man, you have a lot of nerve posting what you did, and expecting justification from us for your being a common voyeur/Peeping Tom, just because of your hurt feelings. The ladies were right in asking you to respect their privacy and to get out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] You were wrong for "getting even" and acting like an eight year old rather then the 28 year old you are. Rather then point out problems with other people and nudity, you only proved that you and your attitude is a problem to nudist. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] You have a long way to go before you can sit in judgement over other people. Sawdust

Comment

Buff, I have to agree with sawdust in part that you were absolutely in the wrong when you peeped in on them from the other side of the wall. That was absolutely out of line and a violation of their privacy. However, she was also out of line in demanding that you leave when they were changing if your job entailed being in that room. The right compromise was set when the cloth was used to provide the privacy for the actresses.

But it is a bit interesting that people consider underwear as intimate but bikinis as fine.

Mike, don't even ask how topics change here. Just accept that they do. But in this case, Gary questioned if a naked child would be in more danger than a clothed child.

"I also think that alot of times the media blames things on the kid for not doing this or that or for the person doing this or that and the parent always seems to be the innocent victim"

I don't follow. The media will never blame a kid for being abused. They will blame violence in games and pop culture for the violence of teens, but that is only part of it.

Mark, thanks for that story. I remembered it and still enjoy reading it. It was good that the mother was adamant about not covering up her daughter. The security guard was extremely ignorant in his assessment of the situation and dangerously so. If he thinks that only toplessness can cause lust in pervs, he is in for a reality check.

I also liked it when she told the security to go ahead and call the police if they wanted to, in fact, please do. And the police came and knocked some sense into the owner and security guard.

Bob S.

Comment

It seems like this guy Georgeinthebuff was wrong on one or two things but right on another one. I think it was wrong that he looked at them without their knowledge, I mean someone's gotta crack the whip with these snobby actors but sheesh to go and do the very thing that you say you areint and condemn is just wrong to me and you gotta know this, I wouldnt even do that. That said, I think that actress was out of line talking to that guy like that since he was in charge there and he was assigned to be there, the woman should have respected him and just changed her clothes and got on with business. I think he shouldve just told that girl to just undress and that her apperance wasnt shameful or demeaning. I did like alot of what he said at first until he got to the voyeur thing, I mean that was wrong but im sure he had good intentions nonetheless and I think yall oughta give him a second chance, he just needs someone to talk to and explain these things to him.

Comment

I agree with the points on safety. I personally could care less if a child (or anyone) wants to be nude or not on their own property. Some properties are remote and others are not. I know where I grew up, being naked in the front yard was not safe or appropriate, due to frequent traffic. ...that's why we always went nude in the backyard. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

If someone is more in an urban setting, then why not go nude? It would be nice to check with neighbors first in any situation though.

Fresh Air

Comment

Working...
                                X