X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Place

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a clothing optional work place? Can you actually have such a thing legally?

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a clothing optional work place? Can you actually have such a thing legally?

Comment

Sure is. And legal. Depends on your activity. Is it safe to do it nude? Is there and conflict with people you meet? But it's allowed at some places.

Comment

If you have your own business. I have seen nude yard services, house cleaning, and even a carpenter that work nude, only if the places they are working are private of course. And there was even a post of a guy wanting to be a nude truck driver someday.

Comment

Oh, and welcome to the forums.

Comment

Could probably even roof at some places in the nude!!

Comment

How about working at a nude resort? Looks like they would have employment in many types of fields ...if you were looking.

I work from home, so I currently have a clothing Optional work place.

Comment

let me know if you find a work place like that.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by keith bricker:
                  let me know if you find a work place like that.

Take note of my Avatar. That's not a private deck I'm on.

Comment

When it comes to self-employment, you can pretty much make your own call. But if you have employees, you'd better be aware of state and regional labor laws. Believe it or not, some resorts cannot require nudity from their employees because of local labor laws.

I once met a self-employed lady working in the pool business who took her work with her to the resort. She worked part-time from the office, and part-time from the resort. She was actually sitting by the pool with her laptop and cell phone, conducting business, when I met her. It doesn't get much better than that.

Comment

I don't think any resort can require nude employees. But my understanding is that if the employee wants to be nude, fine and dandy. That would depend on each situation. One weedwacking will need some clothing. The pool guy should be fine and dandy nude. Just 2 examples.

Comment

Thanks for the inputs. Currently, I work in the most tightly wound office there is. Work consists mainly of meetings and paper work. When we are not meeting customers or people outside the office I see no reason to wear clothes. At least a clothing optional Friday would be good for morale. However, in this office you would be arrested if even your ankles were showing (although many praised my hot tub staff meeting and campground off-site suggestions). Now I'm looking for a new line of work. If at some point I start my own company perhaps I will put the word out on the nudist forums first.

My concern as a management type is getting slapped with a harasment lawsuit for allowing nude employees. If I invite subordinates to join me at the beach after work, they may also claim that they have to get nude or they won't get job opportunities (not true). There would be no requirement to be nude, but some may feel pressured. You also can't ask if someone is offended by the the human body during the hiring process. Nudist resorts can get away with it because it is advertised as such and you know that customers will be nude there. Another aspect is how such a company would be viewed by the entire industry. I know some companies that are shunned for departing from the norm.

Comment

Most places require waitstaff to wear bottoms at least, when handling food

Comment

FRodo is right. Unfortunately, most often harassment in employment situations is seen thru the offended party's eyes, whether any offensive conduct was intended or actually occurred. Having a nude optional workplace could definetely result in a harassment complaint by someone who didn't want to be nude, but felt 'not included' because others were. Some years ago a young college teaching assistant was charged with sexual harassment by a secretarial employee in his department. His 'crime' was having a picture of his bikini clad wife on the beach from his honeymoon on his desk, facing him. The woman felt since she was larger that when she went into his office she was being unfairly compared to his wife. Absurd as that sounds the TA lost .

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Frodo:

Nudist computer consultants often work nude -- if they work out of their house.

There was one lady I knew who had an engineering firm - small office - in the Boston area. I think four or five people, and she worked in the nude, her staff did what they wished to. Haven't heard from her in a long time, several years, so I don't know if she's still in the business or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X