Naked News visits Haulover Beach, Miami FL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naked News visits Haulover Beach, Miami FL

Im not sure if this has been posted already but here you go anyway. She briefly talks to nude beach goers about why they go, expanding nudity, and what their definitions of nudists are...

~3min clip
    Lily Kwan visits Haulover

Im not sure if this has been posted already but here you go anyway. She briefly talks to nude beach goers about why they go, expanding nudity, and what their definitions of nudists are...

~3min clip
    Lily Kwan visits Haulover

Comment

Pretty good clip. It had been viewed over 78,000 times when I went there. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Great film clip! Long lead in to get it working but over all worth it. Thanks for posting !

Comment

I almost did not check out that clip, because I am NOT a big fan of "Naked News"

But I am glad I did it was a very positive and well done piece.

The funny thing to me though, is that many people can not define a nudist. They also can't decide that they are a nudist, or at least won't admit it.

I think "ClothesFREE" is on to something

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by ercNY:
            I almost did not check out that clip, because I am NOT a big fan of "Naked News"

I agree.. being "Nudist News" I was prepared to remove the link, but after viewing the clip I'd say it is a fairly positive nudist (or clothesfree) message.

Comment

What is interesting about this video is that the interviews confirmed something I have always believed..a lot of people who attend nude beaches are not nudists but rather nude beach enthusiast.

This ties with a lot of debates we've had about how naturism is growing (if it really is), the appearance of many young folks. I think a lot of people are getting false impression of naturism based on what they see on the beach.

It is interesting perspective. I wonder why so many are open to being nude on beach but not other aspects of naturism.

Comment

Nice clip.

It sure makes me miss that beach.

I gotta find a way to get back there this winter.

Steve

Comment

it seems the same beach goers got interviewed instead of different beach goers.

Comment

I must say I was very pleasantly surprised! This was over all a very positive culturally divers series of beach interveiws. I liked it! Now if we could only get it on another network!

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by NudeAl:
                      I must say I was very pleasantly surprised! This was over all a very positive culturally divers series of beach interveiws. I liked it! Now if we could only get it on another network!

Large nude beaches such as Haulover and Sandy Hook in NJ attract people from all walks of life, from all age ranges and cultures.

I think a big reason is that these beaches are large, public and in or near a metropolitan city. That being said, the beaches are easily accessible.

I think nude beaches are a great starting point to recruit people, esp. young adults to the nudist community. Since a lot of these nude beach goers have already made a step in social nudity, why not start with them?

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by ercNY:

The funny thing to me though, is that many people can not define a nudist. They also can't decide that they are a nudist, or at least won't admit it.

I think "ClothesFREE" is on to something

OK, so what is a "nudist"? If one defines a nudist as someone who prefers to be generally unclothed, then I wouldn't call myself a nudist.

It seems to me many people interviewed were of that mindset -- that they are not nudists because being nude or not being nude is no big deal to them -- or that they are nudists because being nude as much as possible was important to them.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by hm0504:
                          OK, so what is a "nudist"? If one defines a nudist as someone who prefers to be generally unclothed, then I wouldn't call myself a nudist.

It seems to me many people interviewed were of that mindset -- that they are not nudists because being nude or not being nude is no big deal to them -- or that they are nudists because being nude as much as possible was important to them.

Nudists or naturists or clothes free types are all on different levels. I personally know people that literally HATE clothes and prefer to never wear them.

I also know some folks that generally only go nude on vacation at some resort and are never nude any other time, and they still consider them naturists. Then there is every level in between.

My point is maybe people really do dislike labels.

Comment

Well color me surprised, I actually thought that was a very good piece of "nudist" interview. Not surprisingly was the answers about whether they call themselves nudist. I know a couple of people who are fine with being nude on the beach but wouldn't be nude in a home setting or a nude social dinner with a group of other nudists. So the response to that question was similar to what I've encountered myself.

Kudos to Naked News. Perhaps I should send an email to them for a job well done.

-Fred

Comment

Good interview; loved the fact that she interviewed a great variety of people there.

Not surprising to me: most of the people there did not consider themselves nudists.

I had the opportunity to chat online with Lily Kwan some years ago (along with about 50 other people). I brought up nudism, and she actually took her time in answering my questions. No, she does not consider herself a nudist. Yes, she does support nudism and topfreedom; goes to nude beaches as frequently as possible and topfree anywhere it's legal. She may be in the business of "titillation", but that didn't stop from her earning my respect that day.

Comment

Working...
                              X