Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I have opened the door naked when I know who is coming in: my visiting children, my ex-wife or some of my friends.

I live in a block of flats, so my door opens (that's the way doors open here: outwards, not inwards) to the corridor and staircase. I have to listen first if there's someone moving or opening their own door, but the probability of "getting caught" is small, I think. Because the outer doors of the house are locked, no Jehova's witnesses or other unexpected people should generally ring the doorbell, and that happens very rarely. If it does happen and I don't have clothes on, I don't answer the door, simply.

Comment

I do answer the door nude, but only to friends who know I'm a naturist and don't have a problem with it. When I do I have to hide behind the door as I live in an apartment with doors to each unit opening to the outdoors.

Where I live, nudism is not that common and there are no official places to go nude. For my nude, outdoor time, I go to the national park that is just in town (Village Creek National Park).

Comment

Yes I have done this when friends were coming over.

Comment

Essentially, yes.
          Someone knocked on my apartment door.
          I put a house coat on and opened the door.

I suddenly realized that inadvertently my house coat came somewhat undone.
          After a few brief seconds, the lady said she was sorry for picking the wrong apartment, then left.

Comment

I do on occassion but consider it rude in general because people can be uncomfortable.

Comment

Thank You CTMike ,

Now , I havent heard anyone say much about the response to their nude answering of the door . Id like to try it but dont want to hurt naturism and always scared of a bad response .

Comment

I think it's a matter of class--going nude in front of friends or relatives who expect you to be nude in your home is one thing. Opening the door nude to strangers for any reason shows lack of inteligence and class and is uncalled for.

Comment

have you ever opened the door in the nude

yes when haveing naturist parties also on holiday when staying in a naturist resort and at my friends house in southern france one time i can remember we where both sunbathing naked by the pool when a strange car drove into our drive the occupants got out and wandered over to the pool they where totaly lost and thought that this was their holiday home

Comment

Originally posted by naturalmanwa View Post
                    I think it's a matter of class--going nude in front of friends or relatives who expect you to be nude in your home is one thing. Opening the door nude to strangers for any reason shows lack of inteligence and class and is uncalled for.
                    It's just plain stupid to open the door nude to a stranger. It's common sense, and you deserve whatever happens if you're foolhardy enough to do so. Is it worth the potential consequences just to not put anything on to open the door?

Comment

Originally posted by Borntobenude View Post
                      It's just plain stupid to open the door nude to a stranger. It's common sense, and you deserve whatever happens if you're foolhardy enough to do so. Is it worth the potential consequences just to not put anything on to open the door?
                      I agree. There is a time and a place for everything. Being polite means conforming to social expectations. I know there are some here who feel compelled to push the envelope, but until I wake up in "Naked World" it would be shocking and rude to the UPS guy or the girl scout selling cookies. It could land a person in trouble depending on who might be at the door by shocking and affronting them regardless of intent. You really put yourself at the mercy of others if you answer the door naked. You would really get unwanted attention (either from perverts or the authorities) if you invited people into your house after answering the door naked. You will end up on a list you don't want to be on.

Comment

Well, how far can you open the door when it's on the chain anyway? Don't ya want to know what's on your porch before you commit to saying Howdy come on in?

Living on 20 Sierra Nevada acres, I don't have quite the same concerns as the average city dweller. Your typical "Avon Lady" (or Girl Scout for that matter) doesn't drop by all that often. I do get the occasional UPS/Fedex delivery and I'm sometimes working outside when the meter reader or lost traveler types drive up. A neighbor drove up the other day to introduce a new neighbor I had not yet met. We talked a bit and I signed a petition he was circulating. No big deal. I have never had a nudity related problem since living here. A long time neighbor was a State Highway Patrol officer and another is a County Sheriff. (They would both tell Stu to mind his own business.) I haven't had a Jehova's Witness group come by for a couple of years now. The last drove up while I was working on my boat. One got out and we talked about theological matters for a bit while his wife(?), daughter(?) and male friend stayed in the car. I could not convince him that his "ideas" were nonsense, but we parted friends anyway.

It's a good idea to be careful but a "one size fits all" approach doesn't always cut it. It's nice to (sometimes) work in the city and "live" in the country!

b.l.

Oh and Bingham, in a "polite society" one refrains from telling other people how to live. You may find that "shocking" but I'm sure Stu can help ease the intellectual pain. (Or maybe not).

Last edited by Baron Lake; 03-24-2008, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Baron Lake wrote

"It's a good idea to be careful but a "one size fits all" approach doesn't always cut it. It's nice to (sometimes) work in the city and "live" in the country!

Oh and Bingham, in a "polite society" one refrains from telling other people how to live. You may find that "shocking" but I'm sure Stu can help ease the intellectual pain. (Or maybe not)."

I don't mean to tell others how to live. That is their business. I was saying that when people don't conform to the mainstream, they draw attention to themselves. It is up to individuals to decide what kind of attention they want. Your situation is different. Unfortunately I live in an area where mainstream conformity is a big deal. People coming to the door where I live would most likely be shocked by the door being answered by a naked person and at the very least most would think it was rude. I hope to change my situation one day by moving to a less populated place.

Perhaps I should preface my comments with "For me" or "As I see it" or "It is my observation" to soften what I write. It is my observation that there is the way things are, and the way we wish things were. For me, sometimes those are different. I wish there wasn't such negativity about nudity in our society, but there is. Part of that is fear because people equate nudity with sexuality. For me, answering the door naked and hoping to change people's attitudes about nudity would be like jumping from a building hoping to change change the laws of gravity. It isn't going to happen, and it is a lot easier for me to put on some shorts.

You said a one size fits all approach doesn't always cut. I agree with you.

What ever the case, I think there is a difference between someone walking up on your property unannounced while you are outside or seeing you through a window vs. a person knocking on the door. There is much more chance for that person to claim they were shocked and affronted because 1) the person going to the door had warning that someone was at the door 2) the person had a chance to put something on before answering and controls when the door opens 3) the front door is considered more public than a backyard in many states. For instance it is easier to prosecute someone for trespassing if they go into a side or back yard as opposed to walking the path to the front door of a house to make contact. Nudity in many states is not unlawful unless it is sexual in nature, or done to cause shock and affront, like a flasher.

Stu can not help me with anything. If you pay attention to what I am saying you will see that our views have little in common.

Baron Lake, sorry if I have offended you. It was unintentional if I did.

Comment

Hi Bingham, I didn't think you were, intentionally or otherwise, offensive. Sorry if that's the way I came across. I'm not so sure however, that some of your views on the "public" aspects of nudity are all that different from Stu's. Stu is a promoter of getto nudity, a concept you seem to agree with (or at least accept).

How about a little support for actions of civil disobedience once in a while. No doubt you are quite right in pointing out the dangers; but hey, nobody said freedom was free or without its risks. (Just keep the chain on the door).

b.l.

Comment

After checking through the peep-hole to see if we know who's there, sure I've opened the door nude.

Comment

Well since I can't live a nudist lifestyle I can't do that, even if I've wanted to. (wife & I go to nudist resorts for our freedom)

However before I became a nudist, and when I was single, I did it a few times. Mostly jokingly to some female friends when they came over. More of a dare from them to do it.

Qikdraw

Comment

Working...
                                X