Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nude at home

Hi all
    This is my first post here, please forgive me if this has been discussed before, but............
    I have been a nudist for a very long time. I dont belong to a club, and rarely visit nude beaches but I am always naked at home.
    In the past I have always covered up when friends visit, so as not to make them feel uncomfortable. Lately I have been more and more reluctant to do so.
    More and more I feel that this is my home, my friends know that my wife and I are often nude, and I have 2 acres of subtropical garden around the house and a very private swimming pool, a perfect set up to be naked.
    I simply think to myself, why do I need to cover up? Why must I be the one to get dressed and make myself uncomfortable, simply because others are unacustomed to nudity. Surely, if they know and respect me well enough to be friends, they will accept my being naked? After all, I am not sexually aggresive, or do anything that might be considered sexually inappropriate. I just go about my normal routine, without clothes.
    Ive decided to put this to the test. In future, if I am naked in the pool or around the house and someone drops by, I am going to remain naked.
    What do you think?
    Cheers
    Toffeedog

Re: Nude at home

Stay naked toffeedog, after all it is your house. If they don't like it, they can leave! gb

Comment

Might I make one suggestion? If these people are your friends, don't just suddenly change your tactics. Out of respect for them I would suggest you at least let them know beforehand that this is what you are going to be doing.

Otherwise, they are going to think that you are losing your mind and become extremely, and increasingly, worried. Especially if you keep it up for a long time. I would suggest this for any sudden change in personality, but many (most?) people still think nudity is a bit more drastic than most other changes, like "finding God" or starting/quitting smoking.

Comment

You've made a good point, I will at least forewarn people..............Something along the lines of, I may be skinning dipping when you arrive, hope you dont mind.....
        Toffeedog

Comment

what up wit nude at home

Comment

Nudity is near to god. i am nude at home when no body at home.

Comment

i like the idea of "i might be skinny dipping when you arrive" and than if you really want to get them used to your nudity, actually be in the pool skinny dipping when they arrive. At least you warned them and you can than explain that you are often naked at home, especially when swimming... I also agree to not suddenly always be naked when they are over...

Comment

Originally posted by toffeedog View Post
                Hi all ...
                More and more I feel that this is my home, my friends know that my wife and I are often nude, and I have 2 acres of subtropical garden around the house and a very private swimming pool, a perfect set up to be naked.
                ... What do you think?
                Cheers
                Toffeedog
                Sounds like a great set up. I think my wife and I would like to come over for lunch. She's a gardener and would enjoy a tour of the plants.

Comment

You sound an ideal person to visit, wish I lived a bit nearer, my wife would love the garden and I would love the open nudity.
                  In my country we have an "Open Garden Scheme" where people open their (usually superb) gardens to the public for a small entrance fee which goes to charity. Does anything like that happen in Australia?

Comment

We have an open garden system in Oz, held in spring(September). Entry usually by donation, which is given to charity.
                    I dont know of any gardens that are nude, so to speak, but it would be pleasant.
                    BTW, We are having visitors coming to stay for the weekend. I will let you all know how my "Skinnydipping" plan goes.
                    toffeedog

Comment

Hope that at least some of your guests will follow your example.

Comment

If friends or family show up uninvited you should just do what is comfortable for you. If your guests are invited, then you should do what makes the comfortable. After all they are your guests.

Comment

Toffeedog,
                          You have a great set up and I can understand why you would not want to cover up when guest drop visit. I feel the same why about my more limited situation. However; there are times when being nude is practical, and other times when it is impractical. If you know in advance that someone is going to be visiting you that is the perfect time to forewarn them of what to expect and at that point they then have the option to still visit, or not. If on the other hand your guest drops by unexpected then you can simply tell them you were not expecting anyone to visitors and you enjoy your pool and property in the nude and do they mind if stay naked. If they would prefer that you get dressed then you the only civilized thing to do is put on some shorts. However, this gives you the opportunity to discuss you nude lifestyle and make it clear that future unannounced visits will more than likely find you naked and if they do not want to see you in the nude to call first or do not drop by unannounced.

Comment

Stay nude Toffee! It is your house if they don't like it they will leave and come back later. I"m naked at home almost as soon as I get home from work. Would stay that way except for my sons friends that drop by with no appointment! My wife would be the same way. Looking for the last child to leave. Then we will experiment with the friends that come over.

Comment

Hi all
                              So, heres how it went......................
                              Visitors arrived on Friday night, minus one. They are a husband and wife, the husband had to work and couldnt come. I was a bit iffy about it all as I didnt want her to think I was being deliberately provocative. I took a softly softly approach, and asked if she would mind if I skinny dipped, as that is what I normally do. Given that it is summer here now, a lot of time is spent skinny dipping.
                              She was quite ok with it, but remained in her bathers. I decided not to labour the point, I put my shorts on when I got out of the pool.
                              After a few hours of getting in and out of the pool, she ditched the bathers, and I ditched the shorts. By the end of the weekend we were all quite happily naked most of the time.
                              She told my wife and I that she hadnt skinny dipped since she was a teenager.
                              She also said that if Hubby were there, she probably wouldnt have, and asked that we dont mention it. We were both happy to oblige.
                              We had a lovely weekend, and I think it was a good result.
                              Toffeedog

Comment

Working...
                              X